OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It did.
Mine arrives tomorrow.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

February 22, 2017, 05:35:06 PM #422 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 05:41:16 PM by khaos11
Quote from: spokethewind on February 22, 2017, 04:52:15 PM
Quote from: khaos11 on February 22, 2017, 04:06:34 PM
Subs done!!!

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=901851

i downloaded it! but no program will play it lmao oh well

Well it is hevc 10-bit, personally I use mpc-be + madvr + lav filters.

You can probably use Kawaii Codec Pack or K-Lite, which is essentially the same thing...though I think KCP is no longer in development.

I think timing is good for any of the raws available so you can just mux the original subs (.ass file) with whatever you have...or load them through your player after you start the video.

Quote from: khaos11 on February 22, 2017, 05:35:06 PM
Quote from: spokethewind on February 22, 2017, 04:52:15 PM
Quote from: khaos11 on February 22, 2017, 04:06:34 PM
Subs done!!!

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=901851

i downloaded it! but no program will play it lmao oh well

Well it is hevc 10-bit, personally I use mpc-be + madvr + lav filters.

You can probably use Kawaii Codec Pack or K-Lite, which is essentially the same thing...though I think KCP is no longer in development.

I think timing is good for any of the raws available so you can just mux the original subs (.ass file) with whatever you have...or load them through your player after you start the video.

okay i figured it out! i didn't load the .ass file while watching my old raw, doing that fixed it right up! thank goodness :) thank you for your help!!!

I FINALLY watched the first episode subbed! Perfect time for it too, as I won't have to wait long to know what happens after that cliffhanger.

What was that about Tokimi not having much power left? She's omnipotent! Is this an example of Tenchi being notoriously hard to sub?

Either way, SO HAPPY FOR SUBS!  :woop:

And one day Fap may bless us with enough GXP translations to fully understand the opaque GXP references! Let's pray to Fap for future harvests!  :worship:

And to those who donated!  :worship:

When is the donation drive for episode 2?

Quotehevc 10-bit
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Thank you very much for the subs !

BTW, the episode 2 is already online on youtube !

Quote from: Y_Anthony_Who on February 22, 2017, 09:06:48 PM
What was that about Tokimi not having much power left? She's omnipotent! Is this an example of Tenchi being notoriously hard to sub?

Either way, SO HAPPY FOR SUBS!  :woop:

And one day Fap may bless us with enough GXP translations to fully understand the opaque GXP references! Let's pray to Fap for future harvests!  :worship:

And to those who donated!  :worship:

soon, we got 3 months till  the next episode. i need a break for now im only doing some light work on 21st century for now. i also take real estate classes and work so i stay pretty busy and most of my me time is take n up with translations so its nice to have a short break but it gets dull i like to keep on my feet.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

So just saw the raw for episode 2. One thing I really liked over the first episode is that there is absolutely no filler. The first episode had a nice re-introduction of the cast and setting by having Ryo-ohki wander throughout the house, but it lasted a good minute and a half. It was sweet and nostalgic, but still filler.

Here, you get no dialogue while the OP plays in the background, but new footage. Kai gets a few funny jokes thrown in, and then he's gone.

But what's truly great about this ep is that you have 27 and a half minutes of character interaction; TM's greatest strength as a series (besides the harem antics and cool sci-fi universe) is it's cast of characters, and you get to see A LOT of them talking, joking, reminiscing, flirting ect.

Minaho and the girls, Tsukiko and the Masaki cousins, Ayeka and Ryoko, Rea and the Masaki women talking about Kiyone, Washu and Ryoko, Tenchi's dad and grandfather, Minaho and Noike and of course, Minaho and Tenchi talking throughout the second half of the episode.

Depending on your POV, you may not like the fact that it's just constant exposition and characters playing off one another, but since the writers only had 4 episodes to work with, focusing on the characters and world-building is the best way to go IMO. Since there is so much dialogue this episode, the sub can't get here fast enough.

Might not be back to till late March or early April, since the new GXP novel isn't coming out for awhile and of course the next episode won't be coming till my 30TH BIRTHDAY!! :woot:

Posted some more pics of the blu-ray package of Vol2.  Some photos didn't orientate properly but I'm not sure how to fix it.  But most of them are good so enjoy.

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on February 23, 2017, 03:05:48 PM
So just saw the raw for episode 2. One thing I really liked over the first episode is that there is absolutely no filler. The first episode had a nice re-introduction of the cast and setting by having Ryo-ohki wander throughout the house, but it lasted a good minute and a half. It was sweet and nostalgic, but still filler.

I couldn't agree less. Ryo-Ohki goofing around was one of my favorite parts. I think the cozy comfy feel is one of the main attractions, and I think MK agrees with me. Obviously the story and the characters are top 3, but I think the coziness is one of the major components as well. I do not consider Ryo-Ohki trying to wake up Tenchi filler. I consider the extended GXP plug filler, or at least a commercial in the middle of a rather short OVA episode. However, I don't mind that others feel differently. I just wanted to let the record show that some people love that stuff.

As for the second episode, man I'm excited for subs. So much contemplative-seeming dialogue! It's like a play or something! Also, Ryo-Ohki swimming was adorable.

Oh, and...Washu said something to Ryoko... and she SMILED!? DID THAT HAPPEN!?