OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
While I'm happy about having subs for episode 1, I really wish they would have just used the Japanese honorifics instead of either ignoring the honorifics or otherwise Westernizing them. But I digress...

And episode 2 raw being out is awesome. After the long delay for episode 1, I'm surprised episode 1 showed up so quickly.

Quote from: khaos11 on February 26, 2017, 06:30:47 PM
Scratch that - I just got an email from someone that wanted to contribute last time but missed it, she is contacting fandom services and going to fund the entire thing herself. :bravo:

Oh you darn right she just dropped a HYPE BOMBA.  Bless her!  :D
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

February 27, 2017, 09:18:42 PM #452 Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:28:23 PM by khaos11
Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on February 27, 2017, 07:37:33 PM
While I'm happy about having subs for episode 1, I really wish they would have just used the Japanese honorifics instead of either ignoring the honorifics or otherwise Westernizing them. But I digress...

And episode 2 raw being out is awesome. After the long delay for episode 1, I'm surprised episode 1 showed up so quickly.

Yea, I didn't even think to ask for honorifics. But if I was going to be using fandom services for any other volumes I was going to do so. As far as volume 2, since she is paying for it entirely, it will be up to her preferences but I did ask which she preferred, but haven't received a response.

I'm thinking about going through vol 1 and adding the honorifics - but was hoping someone else was going to do it, plus don't really have all that much time on my hands for the next month or 2.

Quote from: khaos11 on February 27, 2017, 09:18:42 PM

Yea, I didn't even think to ask for honorifics. But if I was going to be using fandom services for any other volumes I was going to do so. As far as volume 2, since she is paying for it entirely, it will be up to her preferences but I did ask which she preferred, but haven't received a response.

I'm thinking about going through vol 1 and adding the honorifics - but was hoping someone else was going to do it, plus don't really have all that much time on my hands for the next month or 2.

And the squeaky wheel gets greased!

"Honorifics, some typos fixed, some translations fixes, good stuff."

https://ecchioujisama.wordpress.com/

Big thanks to ecchioujisama!

7th this time, with 5,866 units.

Hard to beat idols and BL, I guess.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Harls on February 28, 2017, 06:03:58 AM
7th this time, with 5,866 units.

Hard to beat idols and BL, I guess.

It's position is lower, but compared to the first week sales of episode 1 it sold around 700 more discs.

Quote from: khaos11 on February 27, 2017, 10:34:50 PM

Awesome. Grabbed those. I plan on rewatching this week.

Also, I'm thinking I need to become more educated on the GXP novels. Watching this episode, I'm pretty sure Kajishima-sensei expects viewers to have read the GXP novels up to a certain point. I remember there was discussion on where precisely in the GXP novels episode 1 took place.

I wasn't digging either default font, so I just whipped up an edit of the ecchioujisama edited subs. Still haven't gotten around to watching it, but I did check them in Aegisub.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: khaos11 on February 26, 2017, 06:30:47 PM
Quote from: khaos11 on February 26, 2017, 05:19:11 PM
Quote from: Fap_fapperson on February 25, 2017, 08:11:22 PM
when do we start funding the 2nd ep?

I was planning on waiting a bit, not as long as I waited on Vol. 1.  it also seems more people are interested in contributing this time around...but I think I'm hoping somewhere deep down, now that vol 1 has been sub someone/group will pick up the rest.

Scratch that - I just got an email from someone that wanted to contribute last time but missed it, she is contacting fandom services and going to fund the entire thing herself. :bravo:

I wish I had medals to give out :neg:

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on February 28, 2017, 12:12:38 PM
Quote from: khaos11 on February 27, 2017, 10:34:50 PM

Awesome. Grabbed those. I plan on rewatching this week.

Also, I'm thinking I need to become more educated on the GXP novels. Watching this episode, I'm pretty sure Kajishima-sensei expects viewers to have read the GXP novels up to a certain point. I remember there was discussion on where precisely in the GXP novels episode 1 took place.
1 and 2 are in the libraty and so are bsd google translations. i know its before volume 6 its not an assumption its obvious
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

:woot

Hi guys just wondering does anyone know where to find Sub english version of ova 4 first epsiode.

Thank you to the person who is paying for the subtitle, whoever she may be.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

I'm rewatching episode one. I get the feeling that Ringo's visit to Minaho is strictly about finances. Ringo mentions that Seina is generating massive revenue, I presume due to his anti-pirate abilities to allow Jurai to capture lots of pirates and loot. However, they start talking about the numbers not adding up and why Minaho assigned work to Kiriko rather than Seina. At that point, I've no freaking clue what they are yammering on about. I presume it is something that came up in the GXP novels. Do any of you guys understand the full context of that conversation?

Also, what is the Hyena Corps?