OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on May 16, 2017, 07:17:41 AM

In postimage 085,  there is  new character on Mikami's left.  By the way which the character looks, he seems to be a male.   By the way which Tennyo is arguing with Airi,  Airi may be working with Lady Seto on arranging  a marriage between the male character and Tennyo.  Since Tennyo seems to be aware who the male is, she is not happy with Lady Seto's choice.  Now, I wondering who is the new male character. He does have a connection with Tennyo.

OVA 4 is likely the last OVA series for the TENCHI MUYO: RYO-OHKI series.  Now I am wondering if there is going to be an OVA 5. I am looking for the raw version of OVA 4's third episode. Now, it seems that Tenchi is going to have a brother-in-law in the future.

:vrage: :omgwtf: :frustrated:

Quote from: takahata on May 22, 2017, 02:50:00 PM
Now, I wondering who is the new male character. He does have a connection with Tennyo.

That guy was in a GXP doujin. He's Tennyo's coworker and love interest. I've been waiting for more of this guy since like 2002 or whenever. Maybe now we'll get to see his personality.

Yeah, that's her boyfriend.

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Since Tennyo has a boyfriend, Airi is likely too eager for Tennyo and her boyfriend to get marry.   If Tennyo's boyfriend is a member of the Masaki Family, he should be a descendant of the branch where Funaho is from.  Yet, Tennyo's boyfriend can still come from the branch where Nobuyuki is from.

From the first two OVA 4 episodes which I have seen, it seems that Tenchi and Tennyo are the only two children of Nobuyuki and Kiyone.  Episode two had pointed  out that Kiyone had hated the ideal of traveling to Earth sometime after  she married Nobuyki.  Kiyone had met Nobuyuki when the two were at the Galaxy Police Academy. 

Now, I want to speculate that Katsuhito/Yosho has another wife who is still living.  In order to help him to keep his disguise, it would be reasonable for Katsuhito to get remarried sometime after the death of his first wife Kasumi.  Katsuhito could still  have married a Masaki widow to help him maintain his disguise.  The ideal of Katsuhito having a second wife who is still living will cause Katsuhito to have an occasional headache esp. during one of Airi's visits to Earth.  As of OVA 4's time, Katsuhito has only two known wives Kasumi and Airi.

I am eager to watch the raw version of OVA 4's episode 3 as well as the translated one.  From the image in Ryo-Okay's topic, Rea is serving Tennyo first as part of the Masaki family customs.  By the time of War of Geminar, Tenchi is going to have a brother-in-law and is an Uncle.

:lies:  :ignore: :shyboy: :really:

Was the episode due for this month? I think I've misread.

Quote from: Monster Man on May 24, 2017, 12:46:56 AM
Was the episode due for this month? I think I've misread.

Yup, this month.  It's set for May 31st.  It seems to be a "final day of the month" pattern, because the first two episodes also came out on the last day of the month.  Likewise, episode 4 is set for August 31st.  :)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

May 25, 2017, 08:22:53 AM #592 Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 08:40:16 AM by Ryo-Okay

Does Tennyo's love interest(boyfriend) have a name?

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on May 25, 2017, 08:22:53 AM

Countdown image detected.  Man your battle stations.  The hype is REAL.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

I doubt that Tenchi grandpa has another wife. There seems to be no mention of it or any indication of it.  As for Tennyo's love interest name i have no freaking clue! I never knew he existed! Are we sure they are going out or are they just currently dancing around the issue of potentially becoming a couple?  Also, if Aria is determined to marry ANYBODY off, it would be her daughter Minaho! It's made pretty clear throughout episode 1 and 2 that her parents and her family are not happy about the fact that she is not married yet.  Personally, i wouldn't be shocked if Minaho decided to claim Tenchi for herself.  It sounds unlikely but it could happen! Yosho himself married his maternal aunt after all. 

he is definately
正木まさき masaki
珀嶺はくりよう hakuryou
from gxp 5

"Seina you? ... .... No way, is that Miki !?"
    Hiroshi ran to the NB and looked at it fairly. Like a rough engraved sculpture, it was not as great as identifying anyone, but Hiroshi sensed the atmosphere of Miki there.
   "I will explain"
    A man who was with Tennyo ran from Tsukiko 's aft passage running while wearing a dust - free cloth for research.
   "I am sorry, I was late."
    And the man who grew that stubble grasped Hiroshi 's hand gladly.
   "Nice to meet you, me, Masaki Hakuryou. I am deeply moved to meet the architects of Astral AI."
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

May 28, 2017, 12:46:14 PM #599 Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:56:06 PM by Harls
Thanks for that, Fap. (Comma placement is important.)

Quote from: Tsundere89 on May 28, 2017, 03:41:12 AM
As for Tennyo's love interest name i have no freaking clue! I never knew he existed! Are we sure they are going out or are they just currently dancing around the issue of potentially becoming a couple? 

Imagine our surprise at the time when it was pointed out that Tennyo had been first revealed in that doujin before her appearance in OVA 3. Those were the days...

Oh, and a contemporaneous translation of the page indicated that they weren't shacked up yet. I've forgotten who was hesitant.

Oh shit, I found it!
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."