OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I talk to my contact about  Kadokawa buying tenchi and it turns out I misunderstood him.  When he said they bought tenchi he was referring to the fact that Kadokawa or one of its subsdaries has bought a large stake in the ownership of tenchi or AIC.  So, they do not own it totally.  They share it with AIC. I am sorry for the misunderstanding..

Quote from: Tsundere89 on August 11, 2017, 06:33:49 PM
I talk to my contact about  Kadokawa buying tenchi and it turns out I misunderstood him.  When he said they bought tenchi he was referring to the fact that Kadokawa or one of its subsdaries has bought a large stake in the ownership of tenchi or AIC.  So, they do not own it totally.  They share it with AIC. I am sorry for the misunderstanding..

oh good maybe we will get a proper ova 5... or maybe they will permanantly time skip ugh i need to see whats inside the new doujin NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

August 12, 2017, 04:12:12 AM #738 Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 04:57:09 PM by Harls
QuoteKadokawa or one of its subsdaries has bought a large stake in the ownership of tenchi or AIC.

I wonder how much Miura will have to pay to buy it back this time?  :smug:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Tsundere89 on August 11, 2017, 06:33:49 PM

Ah, so basically Kadokawa saved AIC from going under.  I get it.  Thanks for clearing it up.

Quote from: Harls on August 12, 2017, 04:12:12 AM
I wonder how much Miura will have to pay to buy it back this time?  :smug:

Wait.  Miura, as in the creator of Berserk?  *Sentinel pops up*  INCONSISTENCY DETECTED.  (Specifically Tenchi and Berserk being written by different people and not being connected... which means things are going off topic if said discussion continues.)  :P
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Harls on August 12, 2017, 04:55:19 PM
Toru Miura, the founder & owner of AIC.  :chill:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2014-01-20/aplix-sells-anime-studio-aic-to-aic-rep-director-for-8000-yen/us%2477

*Waves the white flag*  You got me on that one.  I concede.   :worship:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on August 10, 2017, 09:46:46 AM

Wew lad -- once OVA 4 is long done over with maybe we can finally get the scans for all this bonus material.

As I watch the trailer, the scene after Kenshi had gone to see Katsuhito includes Siena, Azusa, and an other man.  Since the man was in a GP uniform, I am wondering if the man  is Kazuki the father of Azusa Jurai Masaki.  While he can be another man, he does look like Kazuki.  If the man is Kazuki, he is likely using the meeting for a reunion with his son Azusa, too.

:how:  :eyetwitch:

Dear Azusa: Daddy's home!

P.S.- So's Mom.

I mean... it's not like they were banned on jurai after he became emporer... azusas seen em before... I hope we get an explaining for why only gyokuren is there
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

When Minaho was with Azuza's parents in GXP anime, that would have taken place after OAV4 ep4? Because we know that Seina's visit was before and OAV 4 takes place before the duel.

Also the group shot of all the girls has to be a POV shot from baby Kenshi's viewpoint. He always felt overwhelmed by the Masaki family women.

it's unclear until this ova is out if that was after kenshis birth. kenshi wasn't born by the first year anniversary of seina in space when he went to see tenchi. the rest of the series , the seiryo battle the take down or the daluma and the seizing of the kamidake and hi marriage all take place over a year ending at the 2nd year anniversary of him leaving earth. so.. if the kazuki and amame scene takes place while kenshi is a baby then yes. if he is anything other then an infant then no.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here