Sailor Moon

Started by Gaston, September 23, 2012, 03:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It is times to talk about a classic. I know Sailor Moon since I am a kid but I only really watching the show it year, mostly because in Quebec that only aired in English and as a kid I mostly know a few words in it language. Funny, I read the first volumes of the manga and I dropped it quickly but I didn't found them interesting.

Anyway, I am happy I started the anime I found most better. The villains have more screen-times (well, some have) and the Sailor are likable and funny. That why I like watched the show even if the stories seem repetitive (a monster appear and the Sailor defeat it a few minutes later). My favorite season so far is the third who introduces two of my favorite characters (Sailor Neptune and Uranus) and the villains are interesting.

Currently, I watch season 4 who is considerer as the worst season. I don't think it is that bad but I found it annoying Sailor Neptune, Uranus, Pluto and Saturn didn't appear. I like Chibi, but it have too most focus on her. What is was good in the others seasons were that each girls were important while here that seem to be all about Chibi.

My childhood!  ;D  (Well, okay, high school.  But still)

Sailor Moon was my first proper exposure to anime, via a friend of mine at school who talked it up.

I also consider the third season to be the best.  Writing, execution and characterization were all top notch and still stands up today.  Pluto/Setsuna was always a favorite of mine, as well as Mercury/Ami.

Have you considered watching the live action series when you're finished with the anime, Gaston?   It does tend to turn some fans off because the first part is very camp and overly-comedic.  But further into the series it matures and becomes surprising dark and complex.  Though it does lack the Outer Senshi (Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and Saturn), but I do recommend it.
"General Hammond, request permission to beat the crap out of this man."

http://morgeil.tumblr.com/

I have too much anime to watch so I don't have times for a Live Action TV Series. Especially if the Outer Sailor are not in it.

The new Sailor Moon series will coming out during the Summer of 2013.  When it comes to the best season, I will pick Season 3/Sailor MoonS as the best of the seasons.  My reason is due to all of the Sailor Scouts appearing during the season.
:staredog: