GXP 16?

Started by Ricin, January 19, 2018, 07:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on March 20, 2018, 09:36:25 AM
I saw someone say it's May 19th.

I assume 2019 for Vol 17

were holding off on aquiring on this for now because I'm so far behind on the GXP that no one will understand my notes on it anyways... also i have to go through GXP 15 again and get all the names cause its not translating well enough to be very readable in parts due to new places and concepts and people we don't have the kanji for.

big news in the review translations

anyway heres some translated amazon reviews:

negative:

Contributor Old bald man says:
I have no idea what's going on I i read this coming in from GXP the anime understanding this was the continuation and I am lost. there is nothing to explain... 

If you do not read up to the second volume of the novels, this volume alone makes no sense.

Its seems that's where he started adding in things with Widow.

I do not think anyone other than fans will buy this, but I guess it would be good for fans who have kept up ....

I was kinda disappointing as someone who only owns the OVA
3 out of 5 stars
---- well shit what do you expect-------

good:
I want to eat kentucky fried chicken says"

i hear Tenchi Muyo GXP comes out about 1 or 2 times a year.
i know it's different from the anime so i worried i might not be able to enjoy it because of the number of original characters that were added, but everything seems ordinary so far, I am enjoying it.
It seems like planned to put too much in this volume originally
so in may vol 17  will come out, I think I'll be looking forward to that.

4 out of 5 stars

pure rice says:

It is said to be the first half of the volume.
Until now, I think it had been said that this ark was going to go for three volumes --- faP:look that's what he said not me ok----,
so I think that the next volume will just be the second half of the second book which they divided into two volumes.
I am looking forward to the next volume. 5/5

mr takeo says:

This is good.
i read through all 17 volumes very fast.
I wish they would put out one every month.
5/5

fatty killer says:

my only complaint is that it stops and starts alotll. seina will be in danger and then they will pause to explain some thing in the scene

and then it will resume... also it starts with a reaaaaaaaaaly long explaination of the magic and monsters of this planet and it is very long. If this was a game it would be like a begginers tutorial and i would like to skip it.

Having miki back again is pretty cool though and all the stuff from dual too.

since there's more characters now i don't recommend it to those who haven't read the previous novels

However, Doctor Clay and washu are in it...

4/5

-----its true...----

bad:

If it is interesting it is good says:

For fans, 16 volumes has been long awaited
But it's not like the first half

The chapters are way to thick and the conversation gets derailed a lot.... it seems they split it in two and volume 17 is out in may

Perhaps it wouldn't have needed to be if the massive amounts of pointless conversation weren't shoved in at every turn. It has to account for half the book.

I get that it's scifi and fantasy but summarize i dont need a fucking essay on the story of the scientific evolution of a fantasy setting, this could have easily been squeezed down to one volume. instead there just delaying a story that only comes out twice a year max.

Tenchi's been around for a while and the voice actors have begun to croak over the past 20 years... i get that the writer is aiming to complete the series in book form now but at this rate we will all be old and gray and the VA's will be dead by the time that happens.

---all things i agree on----

2/5

please try another name says:

the Explanation of the magic of the world occupies half the damn book.
It was necessary but also they used it to explain the settings of war on geminar.--!!!!---- CONFIRMED?!?DSDFSF-----
But I was not sure if that was necessary in the first place.
I am glad that he got to put in the elements he wanted and write the story how he wanted, but it was painful that I couldn't read to the end.
Although all this stuff is there in the anime and was clearly in the outline it was implied or given a synopsis in the anime cause it was impossible to fit in.... so i can see why he would want to flesh some of it out.

As a believer, I will keep on trying hard to keep reading, but this is a not up to snuff for me.

3/5

---------
a lot of these and the reviews of gxp 15 always mention the way the novels are written as being a down side... im sure if you've read where ive directly translated like gxp 5 then you understand what they mean.  story stops all the time  like  in gxp 6 chapter 4

"what will he do for clothes"
".... his clothes are guilded sparrow"

Guilded sparrow is a type of clothing that changes shape and size and color from user imput... except in the oringinal japanise
this goes on for about another paragraph and usualy I just snip it down to what i understand and what is essential.
seina has two pairs so he could wash so he didn't really need any other clothes... plus they had samples of all his clothes from earth scanned in the database for it to replicate them...  why is this sentance still going?
oh yeah it's still going... seina is a homosapien from earth who went into space... but you already know this because you picked up this book and read  volumes of it... homosapiens are a mammal a type of lactating animal that had no eggs...
kiriko though pensively.

yeah ok im done... but that's how the original japanise is at time so i reaaaaaaaaly understand it's not everyone's cup of tea.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

April 28, 2018, 06:08:25 PM #33 Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 04:38:10 PM by Kuugen
Quote from: Fap_fapperson on April 28, 2018, 05:01:44 AM
i get that the writer is aiming to complete the series in book form now but at this rate we will all be old and gray and the VA's will be dead by the time that happens.
I immediately thought of Mizutani Yuko (Mihoshi's original VA) Tench-kamisama rest her soul, and she wasn't even very old.  :swave:
Takada Yumi (Ayeka's VA) already retired and was older than her. Yokoyama Chisa (Sasami's VA) is still active, as is Kozakura Etsuko (Ryo-Ohki).  I don't know what they are going to do if Orikasa Ai (Ryoko's long-time VA), Kobayashi Yuko (Washu), or Kikuchi Masami (Tenchi's voice) decide to retire before they start work on OVA5+ after the next novel is finished according to the planned timeline. It will be REALLY jarring if they have to change any of those three for how distinctive their voices are (especially Orikasa's brash yet playful tone or Kobayashi's wacky but sporadically tender deliveries).

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on April 28, 2018, 05:01:44 AM
a lot of these and the reviews of gxp 15 always mention the way the novels are written as being a down side... im sure if you've read where ive directly translated like gxp 5 then you understand what they mean.  story stops all the time  like  in gxp 6 chapter 4
I have become mostly acclimated to these little info dump detours from the doujins.  Prime examples are Kajishima's spending so many books detailing the intricacies of the Sacred Mechamaster pilot suits and the matrimony rituals. It's understandable, I feel, that many would be put off by this tendency because so many of these details are throw-away knowledge that never really figures into the grand-scheme of the plot as such (mostly just explaining how things normally would proceed for anyone but the core Tenchi characters and family to emphasize their importance and special-ness). It's very easy to get the impression of Kajishima becoming lost in his own mind of world-building and neglecting the core story that takes place within (or in the case of the doujins to have an excuse to draw lots of sexy pin-ups of his women).

I agree with Kuugen, and I was also sad that Mihoshi's voice actress died.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki