OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 02, 2016, 12:11:15 PM #15 Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 04:32:28 PM by جبريل 無道
Can't see the pic anymore, DS.

Here Tenchi is with his aunt Minaho Masaki and his new step-mother Rea (her TM!R form and her younger form which iirc is related to War on Geminar).

So the news is that the show has an autumn release, Hidetoshi Takahashi will direct, and Hideki Shirane will do Series Structure and Screenplay with Masaki Kajishima - from what I can read.

Kozuki Serena sings the ending theme "Shake the DiCE", the single will be released on June 28.

The new pic:
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

May 02, 2016, 02:21:02 PM #16 Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:27:25 PM by WarOmnimon

We've got a time frame!  FINALLY!  *Throws a spear at Fall 2016*  GET OVER HERE! :emot-smugdog:

Alright, enough joking.  Obligatory notes, and DARN STRAIGHT that I'm PUMPED right now!  First, it looks like Nabeshin isn't involved, so we don't have to worry about bad stuff happening to the series because of him like what happened to GXP.  And add that to next year being the Tenchi Muyo 25th anniversary (1992 + 25 = 2017, and most series do their anniversary seasons one year before the ACTUAL technical anniversary anyway), which equals we're not only getting the anniversary season we wanted, but also the one we DESERVE.

But yeah.  I hope your bodies are all ready... because mine is!  I'm seriously excited about this!  LET'S GO!  :getin:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on May 02, 2016, 12:11:15 PM
Here Tenchi is with his aunt Minaho Masaki and his new step-mother Rea (her TM!R form and her younger form which iirc is related to War on Geminar).

I was wondering if that was the younger Rea or not. I find it very interesting that the first OVA4 promo art has Minaho so prominently displayed. This actually feels like one of Kajishima-sensei's doujinshi covers, unless my lack of sleep is getting to me.

I am very much looking forward to this, and hope that we will get 14, not just 7, new episodes. Let's all give the franchise our support by buying the Blu-Ray collection when it is released.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on May 03, 2016, 02:35:56 PM
ANN did a more thorough translation of the article:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-02/tenchi-muyou-season-4-reveals-staff-ending-song-fall-ova-launch-visual/.101716
>reads through the comments
And as usual, you get the folks who are still buttblasted about OVA 3.
Specially that penguin guy.

Quote from: Guy183 on May 03, 2016, 10:24:00 PM
Quote from: جبريل 無道 on May 03, 2016, 02:35:56 PM
ANN did a more thorough translation of the article:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-02/tenchi-muyou-season-4-reveals-staff-ending-song-fall-ova-launch-visual/.101716
>reads through the comments
And as usual, you get the folks who are still buttblasted about OVA 3.
Specially that penguin guy.

Ya it happens at the end of the day they can't affect anything though :troll:

I wish that people could just enjoy Kajishima's original vision for what if is, or leave, instead of constantly spreading negativity, year in and year out.

QuoteHidetoshi Takahashi (episode director on Sword Art Online II, Magi) steps up to helm the AIC production with Hideki Shirane (Tenchi Muyo! GXP and War on Geminar) writing series composition and screenplay, plus Oneechan ga Kita (Oneechan ga Kita) on character designs.
From: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/05/02-1/tenchi-muyo-ryo-ohki-4-visual-showcased-with-principal-staff

:shepicide:

I'm starting to wonder how much actual control Kajishima-sensei has over this thing.

Well, as long as he gets to write it without distortions, and preferably do the designs, I am happy enough.

Quote from: antvasima on May 05, 2016, 05:33:09 AM
Well, as long as he gets to write it without distortions, and preferably do the designs, I am happy enough.

^ This.  Especially the part where Kajishima should get to write it completely.  On the other hand, Nabeshin not being involved confirms that AIC did what Saban did to Tzachor when Power Rangers Megaforce (Another terribad anniversary season) flopped - they gave him DAS BOOT and then yelled "And stay out!"  I'm sure that I am NOT alone in being thankful for that, so I'm still sure this will work out.  As long as Takahashi doesn't influence the direction of the story too much, I'm sure we'll be fine.  Keep in mind, Shirane worked on GXP and Geminar and those worked, albeit Geminar moreso than GXP because, well... Nabeshin.

So yeah, hype train NOT derailed.  At least not yet.  And I hope it stays that way.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

May 05, 2016, 11:55:22 PM #26 Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 11:58:57 PM by Warmaster
Sometimes the original creator can really benefit from being on a leash, they need someone to tell them what should be left on the cutting room floor. I quite liked OVA3 but I agree it reminded me of Quentin Tarantino's recent movies, in that it was very self indulgent with the number of new characters.

Quote from: WarOmnimon on May 05, 2016, 01:54:58 PM
Quote from: antvasima on May 05, 2016, 05:33:09 AM

^ This.  Especially the part where Kajishima should get to write it completely.  On the other hand, Nabeshin not being involved confirms that AIC did what Saban did to Tzachor when Power Rangers Megaforce (Another terribad anniversary season) flopped - they gave him DAS BOOT and then yelled "And stay out!"  I'm sure that I am NOT alone in being thankful for that, so I'm still sure this will work out.  As long as Takahashi doesn't influence the direction of the story too much, I'm sure we'll be fine.  Keep in mind, Shirane worked on GXP and Geminar and those worked, albeit Geminar moreso than GXP because, well... Nabeshin.

So yeah, hype train NOT derailed.  At least not yet.  And I hope it stays that way.
Huh.  So that's why WoG freakin' rocked and GXP was kinda meh.

Quote from: BlackAeronaut on May 06, 2016, 10:07:11 PM
Huh.  So that's why WoG freakin' rocked and GXP was kinda meh.

Yeah.  Nabeshin was involved in some capacity, which messed up certain elements of the story.  It's the reason why Kajishima did the GXP novels recently.  Antvasima can tell you more about it, he knows what happened there moreso than I do.

Well, as far as I remember, basically Nabeshin stated in an interview that he would try to turn over the tables, and spit out Kajishima's massive vision in easily digestible chunks, and in practice turned much of GXP into off-topic unfunny sex & poop gags.

Its most saving grace was that Mister Kajishima's beautiful designs remained, but he was so offended by his creative vision being thoroughly dismantled that he spent years writing over a dozen books about a new canon that reflected his original intentions.