OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 06, 2016, 09:56:21 PM #225 Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:18:51 PM by Andraste
Quote from: takahata on December 06, 2016, 04:08:56 PM
OVA 4 takes place around the time of Rea's and Nobuyuki's wedding.  Minaho may be the antagonist in the series.  I had theorized that Minaho is  married. Yet in episode one, Minaho seem to have chosen to remain single. If Minaho is married, her spouse can be a woman.  There is a slight chance that Minaho has  a sister-wife or two.  At the moment,  I will believe that Minaho is single until the next two episodes.

:pcgamer:

After checking out that scan about Minaho I can see what you mean.
She is obviously more connected with the three girls at the beginning then I previously thought. Knowing Seto... who knows what she wound up in.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on December 06, 2016, 08:05:04 PM
The summer comiket doujin seems to paint a picture of a closer Minaho/Tenchi relationship when he was a child than we believed:
http://www.uselesstenchi.org/Forum/index.php?topic=1119.0

Are we going to see Aunts in Tenchi's pants soon?

His great aunt Sasami, his great aunt Ayeka, his great aunt's aunt Noike...  what's one more? :chord:
(I actually like the household the way it is tho...)

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on December 06, 2016, 08:05:04 PMAre we going to see Aunts in Tenchi's pants soon?

That's my fear! There is an older doujin with an image of Tenchi, some of his wives, and Minaho that has always concerned me. I hope my theory about Minaho being the antagonist is correct, but I'm not holding my breath.  I don't want more wives for Tenchi! I want more romance with the girls he has! Quality over quantity!

Most likely she wont be with Tenchi since she also asks for kenshi and was turned down. Plus with the GXP novels pushing her towards Seina its probably not gonna happen 

Yeah, wasn't Minaho betrothed to someone else in the novels, but became one of Seina's suitors later once the original betrothal fell though? Considering that Airi stuck her tongue down her grandson's throat in front of her husband in OVA 3 maybe Minaho's just messing with him.

With this family, it's hard to tell where the boundaries are with relationships, if there are any at all.

That was my understanding too! The baby turned out to be a girl, and I thought she moved on to Seina, but they mention Seina's name so much in this new episode that now I'm uncertain how much time has passed between episode 19 and episode +1!!! Like, was it several GXP novels worth all of the sudden?? That's crazy! Why are they talking about Seina SOOOOO much? Did he JUST join the GP between 19 and +1? I don't speak Japanese! What is happening!? I thought Minaho was going to wind up with Seina, but were we 100% on that?!? Like, now I'm not even sure! I don't remember! MK's always been pretty consistent... I'm hoping HOPING that my antagonist theory is correct, but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up in case he changed his mind and we didn't get the memo. Hot aunt action is SO far up MK's alley, and there's that old doujin picture I mentioned... I'm just scared of being disappointed.

the august dojin that was just uploaded explains alto of this... it will take me a while to translate ive been having some health issues that make sitting still and translating anything a literal pain. but i got a few pages of it done... if you want download the google translate app and picture translate it yourself to get a vauge idea of whats going on.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Andraste on December 07, 2016, 05:29:46 PM
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on December 07, 2016, 02:52:03 PM
The Bluray sold over 5000 copies in its first 5 days.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-07/japan-animation-blu-ray-disc-ranking-november-28-december-4/.109599

Hopefully this is good and means OVA 4+.
Maybe we will get 6 epsiodes after all. :nod:
5k is real solid harem anime numbers....

Sekirei did around that much and was able to get a second season from it.

I really hope that the Tenchi Muyo OVA will continue to sell well, so we can get more episodes, and as always, please remember to buy the collection when it comes out in the west.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Keep in mind this is a Blu-Ray with just 1 EPISODE that's really good news.

December 08, 2016, 06:47:49 PM #236 Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 06:55:16 PM by Y_Anthony_Who
Okay, re-read the stuff I was looking for and my irrational paranoid fear has disappeared! Maybe that old harem pic was an early design for Noike, or maybe Minaho was just there and that's all. The image was, I think, in the old 21st Century doujin. Whatever the case, with a little refresher, I'm 99.9% confident in my original suggestion!

Anyways, really stoked about the episode's success. I want at least 7 episodes!

And has anyone noticed any mention from sub-groups about this episode? Has anybody asked around? Does it normally take this long?

Edit: I just started reading Fapperson's translations of the new doujinshi. I disagree with Minaho about the 'no antagonist' thing! I stand by my assessment! You want proof Minaho?? LOOK IN THE MIRROR!

5,000 copies in such a short amount of time is great news! Hopefully Funimation will get the license and the NA Tenchi fans can help boost sales numbers.

I've always been baffled by how low sales figures are for anime. The highest numbers I've seen is around 25,000. I know that anime is a niche market, but considering how big the global anime fandom has gotten, and the fact that manga, frequently show up on bestseller lists, I feel the numbers  should be much higher.

Quote from: Y_Anthony_Who on December 08, 2016, 06:47:49 PM
Okay, re-read the stuff I was looking for and my irrational paranoid fear has disappeared! Maybe that old harem pic was an early design for Noike, or maybe Minaho was just there and that's all. The image was, I think, in the old 21st Century doujin. Whatever the case, with a little refresher, I'm 99.9% confident in my original suggestion!

Anyways, really stoked about the episode's success. I want at least 7 episodes!

And has anyone noticed any mention from sub-groups about this episode? Has anybody asked around? Does it normally take this long?

Edit: I just started reading Fapperson's translations of the new doujinshi. I disagree with Minaho about the 'no antagonist' thing! I stand by my assessment! You want proof Minaho?? LOOK IN THE MIRROR!
lol my translations are clunky at best in specific details at times. japanise isn't exactly directly translatable... if you just convert the words you're going to have a sentence full of holes or that is really clunky. so half the time when i translate i know whats being said and i have to rewrite it all so its not so clunktastic and things get lost. in this case  i reaaaaaaaly need to fix this part but dont know how. she actually says this time  the ova doesnt really have a villian  so to say but i hate having to say this im not exactly  the heroine either.
*the word for antagonist is weird here so i initialy translated it out oddly*

and then it just says darekasanno three times. which is more or less some one is.. and she implies its seto.

but see in that order you could be mistaken to think she was saying that seto is a heroine of the ova when she means she's an antagonist... so i flipped it

i dont know what to do about this whole thing without massively rewriting the dialog.

i cant exactly translate it 1:1.  this is still much easier then doing the novels though lol.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

December 09, 2016, 02:41:04 PM #239 Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 02:57:58 PM by DeusChex ^////^
Just got done watching the ep. and a couple of things I wanted to say:

The new art-style wasn't nearly as jarring as I thought it could've been.  I'm not sure how to exactly describe it but I guess one word I'd use would be "clean" linework.  I was never confused as to what they were showing me.  It does have a very clear definition of what has animation and what doesn't though (like older warner bros cartoons) and does reuse about a minute's worth of reused sequences of animation but that kinda stuff doesn't bother me. 

I never watched the jap dub all that much but the voices matched who they were portraying.

Yosho wasn't in the ep at all but was mentioned but I couldn't pick up everything that was said.

Ryoko and Aeka seem to finally be on good terms openly with each other since they never fought except for when Aeka threw a pillow at Ryoko at the start of the ep for something minor.  There was never a fight for Tenchi ever in the ep.

First half of the ep was purely slice-of-life.  It takes place in September.  Just a casual day honestly.

Minaho was kinda a big focal point of the ep towards the latter half.  For those able to translate, I posted some pics of the bluray on this site and the black-and-white pic of Tenchi and Minaho where she says the line to him [it has to do with something being cute (when they were a child and still are now?);I'm guessing Tenchi].  Could someone that can translate jap text please translate that if possible?  It seems to be the "hook" for the next ep and is the last scene and line said.

[attachment deleted by admin]