OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: DeusChex ^////^ on December 09, 2016, 02:41:04 PM
Just got done watching the ep. and a couple of things I wanted to say:

The new art-style wasn't nearly as jarring as I thought it could've been.  I'm not sure how to exactly describe it but I guess one word I'd use would be "clean" linework.  I was never confused as to what they were showing me.  It does have a very clear definition of what has animation and what doesn't though (like older warner bros cartoons) and does reuse about a minute's worth of reused sequences of animation but that kinda stuff doesn't bother me. 

I never watched the jap dub all that much but the voices matched who they were portraying.

Yosho wasn't in the ep at all but was mentioned but I couldn't pick up everything that was said.

Ryoko and Aeka seem to finally be on good terms openly with each other since they never fought except for when Aeka threw a pillow at Ryoko at the start of the ep for something minor.  There was never a fight for Tenchi ever in the ep.

First half of the ep was purely slice-of-life.  It takes place in September.  Just a casual day honestly.

Minaho was kinda a big focal point of the ep towards the latter half.  For those able to translate, I posted some pics of the bluray on this site and the black-and-white pic of Tenchi and Minaho where she says the line to him [it has to do with something being cute (when they were a child and still are now?);I'm guessing Tenchi].  Could someone that can translate jap text please translate that if possible?  It seems to be the "hook" for the next ep and is the last scene and line said.

they arent fighting there. ryoko asks if ayeka is still asleap and ayeka opens the door says she was but she's up now and tosses ryoko a pillow and she says thanks i needed one. and ayeka says next time you plan on getting drunk you should get it for yourself.

its hartwarming really
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on December 09, 2016, 03:04:44 PM
Quote from: DeusChex ^////^ on December 09, 2016, 02:41:04 PM
Just got done watching the ep. and a couple of things I wanted to say:

The new art-style wasn't nearly as jarring as I thought it could've been.  I'm not sure how to exactly describe it but I guess one word I'd use would be "clean" linework.  I was never confused as to what they were showing me.  It does have a very clear definition of what has animation and what doesn't though (like older warner bros cartoons) and does reuse about a minute's worth of reused sequences of animation but that kinda stuff doesn't bother me. 

I never watched the jap dub all that much but the voices matched who they were portraying.

Yosho wasn't in the ep at all but was mentioned but I couldn't pick up everything that was said.

Ryoko and Aeka seem to finally be on good terms openly with each other since they never fought except for when Aeka threw a pillow at Ryoko at the start of the ep for something minor.  There was never a fight for Tenchi ever in the ep.

First half of the ep was purely slice-of-life.  It takes place in September.  Just a casual day honestly.

Minaho was kinda a big focal point of the ep towards the latter half.  For those able to translate, I posted some pics of the bluray on this site and the black-and-white pic of Tenchi and Minaho where she says the line to him [it has to do with something being cute (when they were a child and still are now?);I'm guessing Tenchi].  Could someone that can translate jap text please translate that if possible?  It seems to be the "hook" for the next ep and is the last scene and line said.

they arent fighting there. ryoko asks if ayeka is still asleap and ayeka opens the door says she was but she's up now and tosses ryoko a pillow and she says thanks i needed one. and ayeka says next time you plan on getting drunk you should get it for yourself.

its hartwarming really

I agree.  I just meant any kind of conflict btw the two.  I really like how they are really getting along now with nothing more than playful banter and jauntiness.

Quote from: DeusChex ^////^ on December 09, 2016, 03:11:18 PM
Quote from: Fap_fapperson on December 09, 2016, 03:04:44 PM

its hartwarming really

I agree.  I just meant any kind of conflict btw the two.  I really like how they are really getting along now with nothing more than playful banter and jauntiness.
:parrot:

Hey I attached below some screenshots of the pictures taken at Noboyuki and Rea's wedding.

I thought maybe they were worth a second or third look considering the situation.

The second and third pictures give me a bit of hope.
It seems like she might have been flirting with Noboyuki because she is so desperate to get married. (and maybe her attempt to woo Tenchi didn't go so well.  :emot-smugdog:)
Then the third picture Airi and Yosho are like GTFO of here with that ... the bride is right there.

Also I think we all know why Tokimi is so interested in Rea and Noboyuki's wedding. Probably has to do with Kenshi and the task he has been given.
(That might have already been stated in a Doujinshi or something.. I'm not well read on the war on geminar stuff.)

[attachment deleted by admin]

HAHAHA! YESSSSS! That's exactly what's happening!!!!! HAHAHAHA! Thanks for pointing that out!

Hahaha lol never thought of it like that it also looks like their saying when are you gonna get married 

Quote from: Dragonn on December 09, 2016, 11:46:37 PM
Hahaha lol never thought of it like that it also looks like their saying when are you gonna get married

Haha that is more likely. I keep forgetting she is an "old maid" cause she looks so good.

December 10, 2016, 02:48:30 PM #246 Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 11:22:37 AM by Tenchifan30
Hi, I've been looking all flipping over for the first ova of the fourth series. Even without subs, I'm just dying to see it. I guess posting links in the actual thread is forbidden, can any one p.m me the link?

So, new villain is a female this time trying to take Tenchi for herself? YAY Harem team work.

Edit;

Ok, just saw the ova. Without English subs though :(

Still, at least I was finally able to see it, it was in good quality too thank goodness. Course I would have accepted horrible quality as long as I was able to see it, it wouldn't have been the first time I've dealt with that type of stuff.

It was ok, me being a Tenchi / Ryoko shipper hopes they have moments this arc like they had a few in ova 3. It was weird not seeing her really get jealous over this new girl who I can see being a major threat to her. I'd really like to know what was said at the end of the ova though, Tenchi sure blushed a lot.

When does part two come out?

Intro and Ending are on Youtube now

Quote from: Tenchifan30 on December 10, 2016, 02:48:30 PM
When does part two come out?
February.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

In the first episode, Mikami Kuramitsu appears to be around the same age as Airi Masaki appears to be (either in her late twenties or thirties).  Mikami is suppose to be around 10,000 years old.  In GXP,  she look like a highly respected elder. 

I can speculate that Mikami had inherited the ability to change her age at her own free will from her grandmother Washu.  Washu has the ability to change her age.  Washu likes to look like a girl around twelve for some reasons.  Washu could have simply have gotten used to looking like a twelve-year old girl.  Yet, Washu can make herself  as a mature woman.

Mikami had likely found out that Washu is her paternal grandmother and being the oldest of the three Chousin sisters. While Minami is the Head of the Kuramitsu Family, Mikami happens to be more powerful than her brother Minami as well as being the true head of the Kuramitsu Family.  Minami had likely learn the truth about Washu from Mikami. He is likely sort of proud of being related to one of the Chouisn Sisters.  Of course, Mikami and Minami will keep the truth about Washu being one of the Chousin Sisters a highly guarded secret.

:how: :popcorn: :vrage: :huhm: :really:

Quote from: takahata on December 12, 2016, 03:35:06 PM
Washu likes to look like a girl around twelve for some reasons.

She explains why in episode 8, "Hello Baby", if you were unclear.

Quote from: Y_Anthony_Who on December 12, 2016, 07:57:17 PM
Quote from: takahata on December 12, 2016, 03:35:06 PM
Washu likes to look like a girl around twelve for some reasons.

She explains why in episode 8, "Hello Baby", if you were unclear.

To save those with hazy memories from having to look it up:

Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

Quote from: Eric3285 on December 11, 2016, 11:34:18 PM
Intro and Ending are on Youtube now

Thanks for this. Can't wait to gif some of it.
I was planning on waiting for the fansubs but I don't think I can wait haha. I mean I'll be waiting til summer for the 4 planned episodes to be done...  :neg:

Watched these tho and I am happier with the animation then I thought I would be. Not to fond of the music tho. I liked OVA 1 and 3's opening a lot. Hopefully they are working on
a good opening animation for the next volume.

Do you guy's think at some point in one of the OVA episodes Seina will make a cameo? With all this talk of him, makes me wonder.