OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'll either just re-download it or wait for the episode to to be put up on the video hosting site I use. No reason to keep going through hoops.

Thank you for the help though. Hard to say; audio keeps going out every few seconds and/or the subtitles are 2-3 seconds out of sync.

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on March 09, 2017, 11:08:09 PM
I'll either just re-download it or wait for the episode to to be put up on the video hosting site I use. No reason to keep going through hoops.

Thank you for the help though. Hard to say; audio keeps going out every few seconds and/or the subtitles are 2-3 seconds out of sync.

True - Ecchi just posted his on nyaa as well with his altered subs with honorifics - I believe is 8bit/x264/flac - so could be more system friendly for you.

March 10, 2017, 01:17:32 AM #482 Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 02:16:34 AM by Tsundere89
Quote from: Y_Anthony_Who on March 09, 2017, 10:17:42 PM
You kick ass Tsundere89, thanks a lot!  :worship:

AIRI'S AN ABUSIVE MOM!?

Yeah, i guess that's whats implied. Its strange though as she doesn't seem to be the type to due such a thing. She maybe a bit overwhelming ,but always seemed to have a good heart in the past.  She was really kind to sena and seem to a care about all the girls in gxp. Based on Minaho comments i suspect the experiments might have had something to do with the creation of the enhancement procedure gxp cadets have to go through  when they begin to train at the academy. The reason i speculate this is because Minaho exclaims that it made her body more powerful. She seems fond of scars i think because she believes the results that they got  from the experiments was a contribution for the greater good.  They way it was done though was probably not the most ethical way. She might have had the experiments done when she was a child and so she had no chance to agree to the experiments. I suspect this might be the case also because she mentioned she grew up at the academy which i suspect is where these test took place.  The rift  between them was most likely caused by the fact that she felt used. Despite that she still seems to care about her mother based on her comments in the first episode about feeling bad that no one seems to be on her side.  This whoever is just a theory.

Thank you for your appreciation. I am glad i could contribute to the community. 

March 10, 2017, 02:03:23 AM #483 Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 02:19:53 AM by Tsundere89
I will admit I have been a bit pissed off that they have thrown out the gxp anime and are going off the light novels. I feel screwed over because we don't have access to the material and they know that all the past anime series have made there way to the west. So, now the show has become kind of confusing. I know we are not the primary target audience, but by doing this i think they will lose money on the  western market which is really sad.  I am also confused about what minaho role is.  Is she going after tenchi as a possible marriage candidate for herself and she is making her move on tenchi in a more subtle way or is she tying to be a mother figure to tenchi.  Also, what did she actually mean when she said she was going to make him hers.  She stated out right that she has decided she was going to take tenchi, kiyone son for herself and asked tenchi if she would be hers.  The way she said it sound more like she was referring to it in a romantic sense but maybe she was meaning that she just wanted to spend the day with him.  If the producers are hinting that she is subtle after him that would explain the whole scene about her sleeping in the same room with tenchi and having ryoki join them (which is odd since she always sleeps with sasami.) You see traditional in Japanese culture fathers would often sleep on the floor while the mother and child would sleep together in the child's early years. Basicly this is what a married couple would do if they had a child (ryoki represents the child in this case) which makes me wonder if they are hinting at her actually being after him as a suitor.  On the other hand she could just be doting on him and being motherly towards him as nobiuki suggested. What i find also interesting is tenchi interaction with minaho.  He seems to blush a ton when around her which he has never done much with any of the other girls.  What’s your guys thoughts?

here is the standalone srt and ass files for those who have the video and don't want to watched the mixed versions which are freaking huge. omg ppl not everyone has the world fastest internet connection and fancy ass codec players jeeze. rename to the name of your copy of the video open in vlc and enjoy

[attachment deleted by admin]
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Thank you kindly.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on March 10, 2017, 03:32:13 AM
here is the standalone srt and ass files for those who have the video and don't want to watched the mixed versions which are freaking huge. omg ppl not everyone has the world fastest internet connection and fancy ass codec players jeeze. rename to the name of your copy of the video open in vlc and enjoy

I was asked by Tsundere89 to put the subs up on nyaa that she solely funded(Thanks again!). And I suppose I could have accomplished that by just posting the .ass file as it was...but It wasn't timed correctly to the bluray rips and had some obvious typos such as names being misspelled.... i.e. Tench

My post on nyaa is anything but 'freaking huge' at just over 500mb - it is a very justifiable size for a 30min episode and is in fact the smallest release for episode 02 and pretty good quality.
In my description I clearly say - in the very first statement - that the encode is my personal encode, so use the subs with another video source if you have issues with mine or just don't like it.
I could have included a .ass file separately but it seemed to cause some confusion last time, so if someone needed just the script but was unsure how to extract all they had to do was ask, and I'm sure someone would have provided.

Ecchi's release is large but will probably be compatible with just about anything plus has honorifics and some fixed translations. Which mine, as of yet, does not.

So a little less disdain and a little more appreciation would be nice.

It was considerate of you to provide everyone with the files above. Thank you.

Seina, Seina, Seina. I feel like they're name dropping him more than they should.

March 10, 2017, 06:44:25 AM #488 Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 07:05:42 AM by Fap_fapperson
Quote from: khaos11 on March 10, 2017, 04:27:02 AM
Quote from: Fap_fapperson on March 10, 2017, 03:32:13 AM

I was asked by Tsundere89 to put the subs up on nyaa that she solely funded(Thanks again!). And I suppose I could have accomplished that by just posting the .ass file as it was...but It wasn't timed correctly to the bluray rips and had some obvious typos such as names being misspelled.... i.e. Tench

My post on nyaa is anything but 'freaking huge' at just over 500mb - it is a very justifiable size for a 30min episode and is in fact the smallest release for episode 02 and pretty good quality.
In my description I clearly say - in the very first statement - that the encode is my personal encode, so use the subs with another video source if you have issues with mine or just don't like it.
I could have included a .ass file separately but it seemed to cause some confusion last time, so if someone needed just the script but was unsure how to extract all they had to do was ask, and I'm sure someone would have provided.

Ecchi's release is large but will probably be compatible with just about anything plus has honorifics and some fixed translations. Which mine, as of yet, does not.

So a little less disdain and a little more appreciation would be nice.

It was considerate of you to provide everyone with the files above. Thank you.

I'm sorry to come off as snippy. your video glitched on me after i downloaded and so i had to spend like a half an hour extracting the subs and getting a better non china subbed raw off of youtube (that was the hard part). i was a bit flummoxed over it. if i wasn't walking around with subtitling and hardsubbing the other day i wouldn't have been able too and frankly i haven't had any issues with them before now because i've just been using .ass files with my raws. :/ i think it's kind of funny actually that the first episode was soft coded by both the first time  and both of yall subbing this time did a hard coded version.

but i have seen people complaining about "meme codexs" on 4chan and places. i was being half sarcastic when i posted that.

but yeah subbing is a bitch and a half. ur a better person than i for dicking with it. I tried early on then gave up until you got the tilt funded X_X

edit:
oh wow i went back and opened up the original and it played... maybe my computer just wonked out...
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Watched episode 2 w/ subs (and thanks for those fixed ones with the Japanese honorifics, though there were a couple of misses). I'll write a full review later, but some quick thoughts. I loved the episode, mainly because I understood most of the references going on. I really found myself getting emotional at the end of the episode when Minaho mentioned to Tenchi that they'd probably leave Earth. One of the doujinshi (I think 21st Century, but I'm too tired to go look) talked about Tenchi and the harem leaving Earth for Jurai after Sasami graduated from high school. I never understood why Tenchi would leave Earth. Now it all makes sense.

I loved seeing Onsen-obaasama show up (they gave her a name, though I didn't write it down) and take control of the situation with Minaho's staff and Kai's mom. I'm so glad she returned.

I was shocked by the experimentation Airi performed on Minaho. That came out of nowhere. Or at least, I don't remember anything like this ever coming up before. I wish we knew more about why.

Katsuhito's seiyuu did a great job.

Now for bed!

March 10, 2017, 08:09:41 AM #490 Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 08:54:14 AM by Tsundere89
Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on March 10, 2017, 07:13:45 AM
Watched episode 2 w/ subs (and thanks for those fixed ones with the Japanese honorifics, though there were a couple of misses). I'll write a full review later, but some quick thoughts. I loved the episode, mainly because I understood most of the references going on. I really found myself getting emotional at the end of the episode when Minaho mentioned to Tenchi that they'd probably leave Earth. One of the doujinshi (I think 21st Century, but I'm too tired to go look) talked about Tenchi and the harem leaving Earth for Jurai after Sasami graduated from high school. I never understood why Tenchi would leave Earth. Now it all makes sense.

I loved seeing Onsen-obaasama show up (they gave her a name, though I didn't write it down) and take control of the situation with Minaho's staff and Kai's mom. I'm so glad she returned.

I was shocked by the experimentation Airi performed on Minaho. That came out of nowhere. Or at least, I don't remember anything like this ever coming up before. I wish we knew more about why.

Now for bed!

Really AstroNerdboy?? You first thank the person who added the honorifics and then criticize them for missing a few???  First off how about you be grateful that you have ANY subs in the first place! Secondly, if you see something like that then inform the person so that they can correct it.  Don't criticize the person that put the work and time into it. It makes you sound like a perfectionist jerk.

March 10, 2017, 08:52:12 AM #491 Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 08:55:55 AM by Dr Robodaz
Quote from: Tsundere89 on March 10, 2017, 08:09:41 AM
Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on March 10, 2017, 07:13:45 AM

Now for bed!

Really AstroNerdboy?? You first thank the person who added the honorifics and then criticize them for missing a few??? You say your grateful , but you don't sound grateful because you complained that they missed a few honorifics.  First off how about you be grateful that you have ANY subs in the first place! Secondly, if you see something like that then inform the person so that they can correct it.  Don't criticize the person that put the work and time into it. It makes you sound like a ungrateful perfectionist jerk.

Now, now lass. Did I not teach you better than that?  ;)

Now, as you learned in class, the whole subject of using Japanese phrases in subs is a knotty one. They are not needed at all, but some fans like the aesthetic. Linguistically, they make my teeth rattle, and I'd not get much translation work if I kept throwing in 'sans', 'samas', 'chans' and so on into academic or professional texts.

HOWEVER, that's the culture in which we live.

Now, on one hand considering you did put down paper for the whole episode it might be argued that picking a few linguistic nits was not a charitable way to recognize your sacrifice, but going full Ryoko on this is going to do your heart no good...... :D
Honi soit qui mal y pense.......

March 10, 2017, 09:00:26 AM #492 Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 09:10:30 AM by Dr Robodaz
I think your new name should be Tsunderyoko...... #burned_by_sensei on the boards....   :sotw:

Seriously though, chuck... You made this possible, and the translator did a bang up job in the time they took. I'd have preferred not to see ANY unnecessary Japanese terms in an English translation - as proper terms exist for all these words - but, as I say that is the Fandom in which we live. It has been this way since the late 80s. It is part of the cachet of being Otaku, I suppose.

Storm in a teacup. Let it settle and pop in a tea bag for me. I could use a cuppa...... :chord:

Yes, Sensei you are right i was a bit too harsh. One needs to be more civil in these instances.  I just felt that the person who volunteered to do the extra work of reworking the subs for some fans should be appreciated and not be criticized in such a fashion.  You are right i did also put down the money for this and i was a bit peeved AstroNerdBoy did not show any appreciation that he was able to receive the subs for free in the first place.  Forums need to remain civil and i apologize for any disruption to the forum i might have caused.
Modify message

March 10, 2017, 09:34:36 AM #494 Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 09:43:32 AM by Dr Robodaz
Quote from: Tsundere89 on March 10, 2017, 09:27:08 AM
Yes, Sensei you are right i was a bit too harsh. One needs to be more civil in these instances.  I just felt that the person who volunteered to do the extra work of reworking the subs for some fans should be appreciated and not be criticized in such a fashion.  You are right i did also put down the money for this and i was a bit peeved AstroNerdBoy did not show any appreciation that he was able to receive the subs for free in the first place.  Forums need to remain civil and i apologize for any disruption to the forum i might have caused.
Modify message

外から見ると[When one looks from without....]
That's the key here. We are all someone else to someone else and our experiences are different. I doubt I was any different, back in the 80s, when I was all pith, vinegar and full on Weab. Now, hen pecked and strapped to an office deck at my Uni, the anime has peeled off Japan - but not the charm.
Condemn not those who are still not jaded and still revelling in the full flood of 'The Need' -  :cat:

Chill and it will all work out. Sooner or later all manner of subs will be out, and each taste shall be served.