OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Tsundere89 on March 17, 2017, 06:59:55 AM
This might be covering some already covered ground but i thought i throw in my two cents in terms of explaining the Misaki line. 

Azusa crashed on earth after a fight with the space pirate kagato(yes this is the same Kagato tenchi fought and killed) As a result of the crash Azusa becomes injured. He then comes across Funaho, and her family and is nursed back to health by Funaho. They fall in love and he takes her back to juri to become his first wife.  Many years later during the battle with Ryoko on Earth, Yosho saved his mother's niece, Kasumi, from the space pirate. Afterwards, Yosho married Kasumi. He took the name Katsuhito Masaki and became the Shinto priest of the Masaki Shrine. With Kasumi, Yosho bore at least two children. His descendants along that line include Nobuyuki Masaki, Kenshi Masaki (also his step-grandson), Kiriko Masaki, and her young brother Kai. After Kasumi died, Katsuhito married Airi in a common law marriage. Together, they became the parents of a second daughter, Kiyone Masaki. Nobuyuki and Kiyone married and gave birth to a son, Tenchi.  There has also been no indication  that i have seen that indicates that minaho will get married and that her children will marry tenchi children. If the Tenchi Muyo if dojinshi are anything to go by his children will go on to marry sena children instead.   In OVA 4 episode 2 they discuss how Ringo is Yosho great great granddaughter as well as Kasumi great great granddaughter.  Not only is Ringo related to Funaho through both yosho and kasumi blood ties from both sides ,but she also as a result has a direct blood line to the juraian royal family through yosho. As a result like they state in the episode this makes her have one of the strongest pure blood tie to the jurai royal family among yosho distant descendants.  Also, as far as i know Tsukiko Masaki is kiriko mother and since kai is kiriko brother i assume it is her son as well. I could be mistaken about this.  Also, i have seen no evidence of yosho having more than two wives. As far as i know Airi seems to be the only wife he has ever had.
u put ringo on accident u meant mizune other then that can confirm
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Hey, you guys think maybe Taro's given name is Sawataro?

March 19, 2017, 03:42:22 AM #527 Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 03:48:54 AM by Tenchi Ryu
Finally watched the second episode, that was an adorable scene at the end of Ryoko stating she belong wherever Tenchi is.

I'm really interested where this OVA is going now, IF makes it seem like Tenchi still won't leave anytime soon, but I'm wondering what Minaho will wind up doing, she seems to really want to be apart of the household, almost as if she feels its a debt she owes Tenchi for not being there.

At first I always thought that OVA 3 happened like a year before GXP, but now I get the vibe GXP actually starts DURING the OVA 3 timespan. You could really the first half of GXP right before OVA episode 20 it seems.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on March 19, 2017, 03:42:22 AM
At first I always thought that OVA 3 happened like a year before GXP, but now I get the vibe GXP actually starts DURING the OVA 3 timespan. You could really the first half of GXP right before OVA episode 20 it seems.

OVA 3 +1 is where we get the big time skip. So OVA 4 happens during GXP and GXP kicks off after the initial events of OVA 3 +1 but before the still shots of Nobuyuki's and Rea's wedding.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on March 19, 2017, 03:42:22 AM
Finally watched the second episode, that was an adorable scene at the end of Ryoko stating she belong wherever Tenchi is.

I'm really interested where this OVA is going now, IF makes it seem like Tenchi still won't leave anytime soon, but I'm wondering what Minaho will wind up doing, she seems to really want to be apart of the household, almost as if she feels its a debt she owes Tenchi for not being there.

gxp and ova 3 both start in the same summer season of the year so gxp takes place shortly after the time reset. it's september  as indicated by the calendar in ova 4 episode 1  widow still haven't been put to death and tsukiko hasn't said anything about her feelings for seina yet and mizune fuka and otoka haven't actually met seina in person yet which they definately do. also judging from ryo-ohki waking tenchi up and the carrot fields already being optimized as well as mikami going into her young form one can assume that this ova takes place around volume 6 of gxp which is right  around episode 11 of gxp and fuku hasn't been born yet.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

I thought that Seina getting the application took place during when everyone was dealing with the Operation Lovey Dubby bullshit.

Which is why no one was at the house when Seina showed up.

GXP begins around episode five of OVA3, IIRC. Mihoshi says something about a 'pamphlet', which would be the application Amane left with Seina. Figure in each semester around six months and it'd be safe to say at least six months have passed since Seina left for space and Seina makes his first return from space. So you've got a good six month window to work with. At least by my estimate.

its definantly got to be around lovey dovy. again. ova 3 starts at the begining if the rainy season. google that. it begins eight before japanise school lets out for the summer. gxp novles 1 to 3 is about 3 weeks... gxp 2 is literaly one night gxp 3 is one a few days max. but around 6 is a few months all of gxp is said to be two years... but like how tho its 1 at most tbh but they say two i think in gxp 14. but ova 4 takes place in the 9th month of the year. school lets out on third monday of july he left shortly before that its been 2 months at most
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Yeah GXP definitely starts during operation rabu rabu, and OVA4 is in the midst of +1 where ANB said, so goodbye chronological order!

Given the sound of the cicada,  the first episode of GXP had occurred during the summer.   GXP's first episode had occurred before summer vacation.  Siena's family was given a prize. The prize was a vacation to a resort. 

OVA 4 takes place around Nobuyuki's and Rea's wedding. The wedding will be seen in episode 4.  Now, I do wished that OVA 4 had two additional episodes.  One of the two additional episodes could have focus on a visit by Mihoshi's parents and both sets of grandparents.  If there is going to be an OVA 5,  I will think that one of the episodes has to focus on Mihoshi's family.  Mihoshi's family will make a visit to Earth to announce the news of the Kuramitsu Family Council allowing Tenchi to become Mihoshi's fiance.  Of course, one of the reasons for Mihoshi's engagement to Tenchi is going to be connected to politics.

It will be funny that Mihoshi's father Nakita Kuramitsu is related to the Seniwan Royal family.   This will likely mean that Mihoshi's paternal grandmother happens to be the Empress of the Seniwan Empire. If Nakita is related to the Seniwan Royal Family, the Empress is more likely his grandnmother.

:bravo: :how: :moodswing: :really: :laugh:

Quote from: takahata on March 20, 2017, 04:06:53 PM
Given the sound of the cicada,  the first episode of GXP had occurred during the summer.   GXP's first episode had occurred before summer vacation.  Siena's family was given a prize. The prize was a vacation to a resort. 

OVA 4 takes place around Nobuyuki's and Rea's wedding. The wedding will be seen in episode 4.  Now, I do wished that OVA 4 had two additional episodes.  One of the two additional episodes could have focus on a visit by Mihoshi's parents and both sets of grandparents.  If there is going to be an OVA 5,  I will think that one of the episodes has to focus on Mihoshi's family.  Mihoshi's family will make a visit to Earth to announce the news of the Kuramitsu Family Council allowing Tenchi to become Mihoshi's fiance.  Of course, one of the reasons for Mihoshi's engagement to Tenchi is going to be connected to politics.

It will be funny that Mihoshi's father Nakita Kuramitsu is related to the Seniwan Royal family.   This will likely mean that Mihoshi's paternal grandmother happens to be the Empress of the Seniwan Empire. If Nakita is related to the Seniwan Royal Family, the Empress is more likely his grandmother.

:bravo: :how: :moodswing: :really: :laugh:

it straight up says in the novel it's the rainy season.
there should definitely be more a ton of stuff about mihoshi's family in ova 5. considering the gxp volumes after fuku comes in have so much to do with them and washu and mikumo's "death" and we know that by volume 11 mihoshi is receiving treatment for her mental condition. we also know shank attacks seina's family and gets his ass handed to him by tenchi shortly before seina visits earth which means its likely to show up in ova 4 because seinas visit is right after it.

as for nakita... does seiniwan royalty even matter? the kuramitsus are basicly the shoguns of seiniwa. i know in the novels nakita ends up getting a lot more responsibility and clout in the family by the end of it. and they definitely still need to formally say who Taima is because as far as i can tell they never do in book
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quotedoes seiniwan royalty even matter?
No. We don't even know if it exists.
The family description seems to fit oligarchy more, anyway. ;)
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

March 28, 2017, 05:09:12 PM #537 Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 05:22:23 PM by takahata
I do believe that there is a Seniwan Royal family .   The Kuramitsu Family will share  power with the Seniwan Royal Family.  The Seniwans do dominate the Galaxy Poilce and its division the Galaxy Army.  At the present time, the Kuramitsu family is the most powerful family in the Seniwan Empire.  If there is a Seniwan Royal Family, they will not be treated as puppets of the Kuramitsu Family.

The name of the village near Tenchi's place is call the Masaki Village.  Some residents of Masaki Village are related to the Masaki family.  There are two branches of the  Masaki Familiy. The first branch is the branch where Funaho has come from. The members of the second branch  are directly related to Yosho and his first wife Kasumi. 

Minaho was comparing the lives of two childhood friends when she was talking to Tenchi.  One of the childhood friends is a Masaki. The second friend is a normal human.  Tennyo may be one of the two childhood friends.

It probably exists, but has about as much influence as the british monarchy has in modern society.