OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
>final episode is a fanservice episode
I'm not even mad.

Wow, without English subs this looks awful. Talk talking fan service talking some more random fan service more talking.

LOL Worst part is Ryoko and the other girls don't get any thing out of this. They get some scenes that's it.

Little Washu is the only girl on Tenchi's harem that plays a big part in all this.

I hate that they did the mirage all over again and now your telling me we aren't even going to see Tenchi's actual wedding? F!

Quote from: X18999 on September 14, 2017, 11:23:14 AM
It seems Tenchi and at least Noike are married by the time Kenshi is born... she called Nobuyuki 'Father'.

It is an interesting finding. I also want to consider that "father" to be an under-plot of another story, but the Japanese often omit "Tenchi-san's" when calling "Tenchi-san's father". But there is expectation.

Post your reaction when you got all this for free.

[spoiler] I'd still buy it to support Kajishima [/spoiler]

:haters:

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on September 15, 2017, 05:26:19 AM
Post your reaction when you got all this for free.

[spoiler] I'd still buy it to support Kajishima [/spoiler]

:haters:

You're right. If you do not buy genuine Kajishima works there is no sequel.

I will buy the collection when it is released in the west.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken here...

ISTR that we knew going in that this would be nothing more than the stuff that got cut from OVA3.  Why were people surprised/upset that we got a wedding and setup for Seikishi?

Quote from: GClark on September 15, 2017, 09:05:04 AM

ISTR that we knew going in that this would be nothing more than the stuff that got cut from OVA3.  Why were people surprised/upset that we got a wedding and setup for Seikishi?

I'll explain my reason, we already know what happens to the kid, we saw the series so to me it's pointless to see how it all lead up to Seikishi, now if they didn't and that was the next series they were going to show after but it's not. Been there done that thing sort of thing.

Unless we get information regarding characters I actually care about, like Tenchi's harem I'd be for it. I also feel they should have done this in Ova three instead and Show the other things they did in Ova three for Ova four, like Tenchi's plot with defeating z and stuff.

I don't know what the creator was thinking in doing it this way. It's backwards and I didn't need to see these none Tenchi harem characters take up all the screen time. I feel they should have focused on Tenchi and his harem and set up his wedding and his reactions to it. This show was not about his dad, it was about his son.

Quote from: GClark on September 15, 2017, 09:05:04 AM

this
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

September 15, 2017, 10:17:08 PM #804 Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 11:35:56 PM by GP cadet 87
This is just another example of the huge divide between Japanese and Western Tenchi fans.

The material of this OVA SHOULD'VE been released before Sekishi but wasn't. Now, some North American Tenchi fans (like me) either won't care, or will just be confused. This OVA hasn't been bad, necessarily. But the last 2 eps were very heavy on exposition, and to theAmerican fansè POV, *pointless* exposition. Huge difference if this was released back in 2007/2008, before Sekishi, since there is all this set-up. I'm not angry at Kajishima-sensei or the cast & crew, they're just making something for the domestic fanbase, and it's not bad by any means.

If AIC just produced/arranged things to fit the timeline and Kajishima's vision better, I think I would have enjoyed these last 2 episodes a lot more.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on September 14, 2017, 04:31:23 PM
>final episode is a fanservice episode
I'm not even mad.

Whatta GILF.

Let's not forget AIC determines what goes it to these OVAs

:merchant:

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on September 16, 2017, 09:23:10 AM

kajishima seems to have some controle though because he keeps forcing them to release the novels the way he wanted to tell the story
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

September 16, 2017, 10:07:33 PM #808 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:48:23 PM by Monster Man
Quote from: Fap_fapperson on September 16, 2017, 03:12:08 PM
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on September 16, 2017, 09:23:10 AM

kajishima seems to have some controle though because he keeps forcing them to release the novels the way he wanted to tell the story

Kajishima needs to find a happy medium when it comes to the control of his shit. With how shows are structured he can't fit all this crazy narrative gooby-gop within' a timely manner -- which inevitably clots down the show. You can fit all sorts of exposition in novel format, that's fine in fact it thrives on it. But TV is TV.

Instead of trying to fit in a huge overarching narrative spanning since his childhood in four, thirty-minute episodes, concentrate on something not so complicated and a lot more fun for people watching.

Hang me cuz I might be spouting heresy but that's my two cents.

he made his crazy work for photon, and dual, and gxp, and the issekai and even paradise war ... i just dont understand why its going so weird for tenchi when clearly hes laid out a really great plot for it... :/ and spent the last several years making sure it was in the background of his books... FOR FUCKS SAKE DR.CLAY IS ROAMING FREE AND HAS A FUCKING ANTI LIGHTHAWK WING BEAM BUT NO TENCHIS KIDS AND KENSHI SOMEHOW MORE IMPORTANT THEN TENCHI! i guess there really is no need for tenchi.

but then again...If heaven and earth are useless, who am i to say whats upside down?
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here