OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
When I have a new computer, I will rip it

Quote from: Gaston on October 07, 2017, 06:19:24 AM
Watched it on kissanime. It was correct thought once again it is talking and talking. I was disappointed we don't see how Kenchi interact with the girls saves for Ryo-Ohki.

But it did connect to the reason why Kenshi exhibited some animalistic behavior which was alluded to many times in Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari. The connection was blaringly obvious to anyone that was a Tenshi fan but it was nice to have the connection.

Finally got to see it.

Really, this has the feeling of either a transition or a denouement.  That said, having this all be nothing but talk and plotting is excellent material for what it is.  Let's wait and see what they do for OVA 5 before we bitch too much about it.  We already have War on Geminar after all, so we already have a good deal of what comes next.

I like it a lot more with the subs, harhar! I don't know if I've mentioned it much here, but I rant at my IRL friends about my love of Azusa all the time. He's nearly my favorite male character. Of anything. And he's in my top ten Tenchi characters including the women! Happy to see him being his normal protective self. Loved it when Funaho made him proud. THEIR LOVE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the plot...now that I'm healing from my disappointment I'm enjoying that it's just a conspiracy to create a Gary Stu. Love it!

That is a very interesting take on the new episodes, I never expected Azusa would get this much screen time, woop woop!

Does any have epsiode 4 with english subs yet I want to see it.

I posted the English subs about a week ago.

https://nyaa.si/view/965620

October 12, 2017, 02:30:14 PM #848 Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 02:09:49 AM by antvasima
What do you mean?
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

I had just watch the Sub version of OVA 4's episode 4.  Near the end of the episode, the scenes take place within a period between after 5 years and seven years since Kenshi's birth.  The year in the timeline of the last scenes is likely set either during the year 2001, 2002, or 2003.   

Oddly as a result of Mitoto's reaction to the images of Kenshi,  Tenchi had definitely has become a father.   I am still a little confused over Mitoto's reaction by requesting some copies of the Kenshi's images.  We can assume that Tenchi is married to Mihoshi.  The mother of Tenchi's oldest child is likely Noike.  The mother of Tenchi's second child is Mihsohi.   

For OVA 4,  it feels more like a Movie to me.  It marks the end of the series TENCHI MUYO: RYO-OHKI.  While there is a strong chance for OVA 5,  one  of  the next sequels of  TENCHI MUYO  is likely be call TENCHI MUYO:  THE NEXT GENERATION.

:Hap:   :moodswing:   :chill:

:fuck:

Does that mean Washu gets to dress up like Cmdr Nerys from DS9?

Thank you for the information.

Does anybody still have a link to the finished subtitle?

Never mind. I used a subtitle extractor.

December 06, 2017, 01:53:11 PM #854 Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:47:33 PM by LightHawkWing
I was also confused by Yosho's statement that he has "two daughters in space" though judging from how many descendants he has from his relationship with Kasumi, I guess it shouldn't be a shock that he may have a daughter other than Minaho who is alive.

Has there been any confirmation on what happened to Seto's saaphic harem and if Mikami was once apart of it? perhaps Seto is planning on returning to her girls once Yosho returns, Tenchi ascends, her plans succeed and she no longer has to play the political role.

I remember reading once that Seto's, or rather Naja's (both?) grandest scheme/ultimate goal is the unification of the galaxies and to me, this would make sense-I believe that Naja, paralleling Kagato, is in search of the Unified Field Theory/Grand Unified Theory same as he was, though of course Kagato's means were more nefarious and Seto hopes that through the unification of families, lovers, and loved ones-in the forms of these "marriages" she arranges (that almost always never work out as I believe someone in the Masaki village commented on during OVA 4) hold a truer goal of the harems that result from her schemes being units of great power centering and focusing their energies on one factor of a special vibration (Tenchi, Seina, Kenshi, Azusa, herself)-love will unveil the unified field and ultimately, fulfill the Chousin's purpose, ie: the metaphysical reunification of the lower vibrations with the higher ones, return to God, heaven, etc. ("This Side Up!")

No Need for Heaven and Earth because it's all unified, it's all one and Seto/Naja's actual goal, other than throwing stones to see how big the ripples are in the water as Sasami says, is to make so much love in the Universe through the unification of House Masaki with House Tatsuki, Kamiki, and Amame; plus Seina's union with his girls with their lineage and statuses and whatever she sent him to do in Paradise War; plus Tenchi's union with Mihoshi, Washu, and Ryoko; plus the factor of Kenshi being the multidimensional halfling prophesied to save Geminar and his union with the girls over there -- to ultimately break the seal on the higher dimensions and allow the unified field/God to reveal itself, as is the quest of the Chousin or rather Tenchi himself-he is the manifestation of the Akashic Record apparently, so he has purposed for love to be the way back to the astral sea.

The unification theory also makes me appreciate the 'it takes a village' theme that surrounds Kenshi's upbringing. He's a result of pretty much all of the madness that Kami Tenchi brought together. As well as how the universe that resulted from the two parallel words of Dual! combining at the end of the series is Tenchi's universe; the dual characters being reincarnated as GXP characters, oooh and the theory that Tokimi took Z's soul/astral pattern and reincarnated him into Kenshi (her being in the Kami section at Nobu and Rea's wedding, her being so involved in the Geminar scenario)

I want more Mihoshi. Like, I love the mystery of not really knowing what actually happened to her as much as the next person but I want more talk of it, I want more shady flashbacks that give more clues, I want more of the big players talking about her genius of luck, what is the origin/connection between her good luck and Seina's bad luck, what was she like before "the incident", more info on this "scary Mihoshi" personality that I believe revealed herself briefly during the meal scene in OVA 4 episode 1.

Also, I appreciated the character development of Ayeka and Ryoko's relationship-makes me remember that Ryoko just wanted to play with Ayeka when she attacked her during her raid on Jurai 700 years ago. I also appreciated the knowledge we got about Masaki village. I dont think theyll all have to leave Earth because I think everything will get exposed to the Earthlings before events force all the Masakis to have to leave.

I also enjoyed the flashback scenes of Kiyone and Rhea-kinda gave me the vibe that Kajishima has more stories he wants to tell of their time together, if he hasn't already and I just haven't read them/seen them. Also makes me wonder how Kiyone was planning on getting Rea/her kid back to Geminar without having told anyone-hilarious scenarios I probably wouldn't mind seeing in doujin or mini format

One of highlights of the OVA for me was Azusa's concern for Kenshi. It seemed to be legitimate and quite valid, possibly stemming from Azusa's own turbulent childhood after being separated from his parents.

Is Tsukiko eventually going to join Seina's girls? Has there been any discussion on her future with Seina, Kiriko's knowledge of her feelings or anything in the GXP novels?

I also dont think we're getting a wedding on-screen in OVA 5, I think we'll probably see wedding scenes in flashbacks but I think Kajishima may just keep it pushing with the story and we'll just have a kid or two next OVA and Tenchi will probably be married to at least Noike by then, judging from her referring to Nobuyuki as father during Kenshis birth scene.