New Tenchi fanfic idea

Started by Setofan1, April 30, 2013, 11:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm thinking about making a new Tenchi fanfic. Naturally coming me from it will heavily feature Seto. Anyway, I was thinking of pairing her with an OC and making said OC her pet. What do you guys think? She won't love him as an equal and certainly not a superior, but she'll come to love him deeply and madly as a loyal and obedient pet. He'll eventually gain a fearsome reputation for being her attack dog/lap dog.

Do you guys think such a fanfic could work? Any ideas to add?

May 01, 2013, 06:07:56 AM #1 Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:20:00 AM by Zigra
I can't say if it would be any good just from the short description you gave, but I do think it has potential, so I'd encourage you to give it a try. And making a guy into her "pet" does seem like the sort of thing Seto would do.

May 01, 2013, 02:17:15 PM #2 Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 02:32:10 PM by Setofan1
Quote from: Zigra on May 01, 2013, 06:07:56 AM
I can't say if it would be any good just from the short description you gave, but I do think it has potential, so I'd encourage you to give it a try. And making a guy into her "pet" does seem like the sort of thing Seto would do.

Well to expand, I was thinking that somehow she'd come into contact with a young man while visiting Earth and took a fancy to him for whatever reason and decided to take him with her into space. Maybe Tsunami sensed something in him or maybe Seto just had good intuition about him. Seto would groom him to be her pet using subtlety at first. He'd fall madly in love with Seto but she would always view herself as above him and while she'd grow to love him, her love with be the love one has for a pet. Her love would be like a cross between Queen Elizabeth's relationship with Robert Dudley and her possessiveness of him and well the love one has for a dog.

Later on, he would develop Light Hawk Wings and become the new Z. But instead of serving the Chosin, he'd continue to serve Seto out of love and Stockholm syndrome. Seto would then use him to expand her power base and strengthen her hold on the galaxy. Along the way, the guy in question would come to love Seto but also fear her when he get's to see the real extent of her blood lust behind closed doors and becomes disillusioned with the the decadence of the Juraian Royal Family, galactic politics, and the Chosin's indifference to humanity and what not. I also have ideas of Seto turning him into a man whore and pimping him out to other powerful and influential women both for amusement and in an effort to secure their loyalty by having the guy use his charms to wrap em around his finger.

I could use some useful ideas regarding how the meeting would happen. However I'm also considering Jibril's idea regarding making Seto Tenchi and Naja's daughter.

Hmm, that sounds rather interesting, though I'd be careful with the part about giving the guy LHWs. Giving him that sort of power comes with the risk of turning him into a Marty Sue, but it can work if you're careful about it.

Quote from: Zigra on May 02, 2013, 06:18:11 AM
Hmm, that sounds rather interesting, though I'd be careful with the part about giving the guy LHWs. Giving him that sort of power comes with the risk of turning him into a Marty Sue, but it can work if you're careful about it.

Don't worry, my character is going to be even more fucked up then Z. He'll need Seto's loving authority to help him keep his sanity and still he'll remain unstable at best. He certainly will not be groomed to be a future Emperor or anything like that. Seto will find that she'll have to keep him on a very short leash.