OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Eff Efferson on November 01, 2019, 03:37:14 AM
:c :woot: red alert red alert those are wedding dress art that ships with it. red alert

Quote from: Eff Efferson on November 01, 2019, 03:56:06 AM
double red alert sasami is still a girl! we have a soft confirmation on  when this takes place!

WAIT.  That means we're getting Tenchi's wedding (Likely somewhere near the end), aren't we?  In that case...

...ALL ABOARD!!!

Aside from that, I LOVE the art style they went with.  It's a bit of a throwback and looks nicer than OVA 4's art style.  It was also awesome of them to give us release dates for all 6 episodes.  LET'S ROCK.  :)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Super super pumped for this

:neg:

Dr. Stone needs to be a villain in this one, for what he has done to Washu's eye spacing.

I know that  OVA 5 has the six standard episodes.  If OVA 5 has a villain, he will likely  kidnap Kenshi and Ryo-Ohki.  After the villain and his comrades kidnap Kenshi and Ryo-Ohki, they will think that they will have it easy. Unfortunately, the three villains find themselves in a Little Red Chief situation.  Ryo-Ohki and Kenshi have been allow to kidnap.  Both have been train to create the Little Red Chief situation. After the three villains experience the havoc created by Kenshi and Ryo-Ohki, they demand Seina to arrest them. The three even confess to their crime plus a couple more just to get away from Kenshi and Ryo-Ohki.  For Siena, his bad luck causes a little extra trouble for the villains and Siena plus anyone who happens to be with Siena.

Little Red Chief is a classic American story. It is about two kidnappers who kidnapped the son of a millionaire. The two men have thought that they have it easy until who likes to call himself Little Red chief causes lot of comedic trouble for his kidnappers.  The same ideal of Little Red Chief form the base of the plot for the classic movie Home Alone.

:Hap: :popcorn: :ragdoll: :lmao: :alex:

does ova really need a villiain ?

That all depends on who is around to be victimized by said villain, and how the hero in the story grows from that encounter. When season 1 ended with Kagato whisking Ryoko away, we saw Tenchi become more of a capable fighter and all the girls seemed to appreciate that. Then when he had to rescue her again because of Clay, we didn't see any improvement it was just a way to queue up the plot regarding the Choushin's search for a supreme being. In GXP, there were some better character arcs especially in the novels, and this allowed villains to change sides and make better judgment calls instead of just fall into a comedy of errors. But how that got water down or otherwise reconfigured into GXP anime, Geminar, OVA 4 and probably OVA 5 is going to be a doozy.

Quote from: darkofficer on November 26, 2019, 07:13:34 AM
does ova really need a villiain ?

Who needs a villain when you got Seto pulling all the strings behind the scene just to make everyone's life miserable?

First, I had originally wanted OVA 5 to be the first series of another Tenchi Muyo sequel.  The sequel  may have include  focusing on Kenshi as well as Tenchi dealing with fatherhood for the first time.  A sequel allows the development of new characters esp. if one of the new characters turn out to be the second living wife of Katsuhito Masaki. The sequel will serve a prequel to War On Geminar and another sequel which focuses on one of Tenchi's sons. Tenchi has only one confirm son. Tenchi having other children does make sense.

A villain for OVA 5 is needed . For GXP, the main villain was Shrank.  Shrank is the example of a true villain. He care mostly for himself.  Shrank was a composite of Dr. Clay and Kagato.  I like the ideal of the main villain being a member of the House of Amaki.  The primary motive of this villain was to disgrace the present Head of the House of Amaki. All the present Head of the Amaki House wants to do is to end the bitter rivalry between the House of Amaki and the House of Masaki. The Head plans to allow the House of Amaki to be the rival of the House of Masaki.  The present Head should only appear in two of the six episodes.  Oddly, the person who have thought of the Little Red Chief Ideal can be Lady Seto. Lady Seto will not mind if the House of Amaki continues to be  the main rival of the House of Masakii. Because of Lady Seto, the House of Kamaki is the most powerful of the Four Houses of the Jurain Royal family.

The Little Red Chief ideal is due to because Tenchi Muyo is still a comedy. The ideal allows a very good reason to include Kenshi. OVA  5 centers around Family. For Tenchi, he is dealing with the problems of being a new father. Before the meeting scenes in OVA 4's fourth episode, Tenchi and Seina have become fathers. For Tenchi, his first two daughters were born before the birth of Siena's and Kiriko's first son.

:really: :eyetwitch: :gtfo: :merchant:

the villan is kajishima. it was always kajishima.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

There is going to be an event where they'll show the first episode on January 18th. Kikuchi Masami and Satou Azusa will both be there. Someone at AIC must really like Satou since she isn't even in the episode.

This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

i have to say the gxp cast looks really older now