OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Eff Efferson on March 07, 2020, 12:43:03 PM
sucks cause this means we cant even sub the audio drama disks... gotta hope those come in when funimation dubs them

Have these been licensed?

March 07, 2020, 01:56:31 PM #271 Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 02:13:19 PM by GP cadet 87
Saw episode 1 this morning.

The big difference between the exposition in 4 & 5, is that OVA 5 (so far) gives us NEW and INTERESTING insight and info about the characters. It's not all needless set-up for Geminar, which was nearly a decade old when OVA 4 finally came out.

The highlight of the episode was the appearance of the GXP characters for me. Quite a few interesting revelations in that convo. We learned more about Karen and Kiriko in that last 10 min than in all of GXP. Jovia was much more entertaining than I assumed she'd be. Her interactions with Kenshi and Ryo-ohki was hilarious.

That ending though. Really interestd to see where the plot goes from here. A definite improvement from OVA 4 already. Can't wait for spoiler discussion. :)

@Waito

Yes. We have to be very careful. I don't want this forum shut down and a few members arrested.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

By the way, I updated the front page of the wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

They wouldn't be arrested for video piracy. :chill:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

video piracy is an increadibly gimped civil issue in america vas.

like before anything even happens they have to send a ceast and dissist letter and then they cna only sue for money id things arent taken down no one goes to jail for it. most of us live in states where you cant go to jail for debts.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: WaitoKon on March 06, 2020, 07:30:49 PM
:sotw: And if it's direct to DVD/BluRay does that mean some uncensored bits?
Definitely, though any such thing would happen in later episodes (If at all).
Quote from: WaitoKon on March 07, 2020, 12:59:12 PM
Just to reiterate the convo in the shoutbox, I think Funimation is dropping Tenchi this year.
And this is exactly what I was afraid of, LOL. They should've known better than to bring Ai over instead of OVA 4. Something tells me that Ai failed hard here like it did in Japan and basically led to Funi pulling an abandon ship on Tenchi as a whole. That might explain why OVA 5 came over before OVA 4... in other words, Funi didn't do the research. If they were using actual common sense, they would have noticed that OVA 4 episode 1 alone outsold Ai as an entire series in Japan and bought OVA 4 over instead...

...BUT ANYWAY, back on topic. We're discussing OVA 5, not "what Funi could've and what Funi should've".
Quote from: GP cadet 87 on March 07, 2020, 01:56:31 PM
Saw episode 1 this morning.

The big difference between the exposition in 4 & 5, is that OVA 5 (so far) gives us NEW and INTERESTING insight and info about the characters. It's not all needless set-up for Geminar, which was nearly a decade old when OVA 4 finally came out.

The highlight of the episode was the appearance of the GXP characters for me. Quite a few interesting revelations in that convo. We learned more about Karen and Kiriko in that last 10 min than in all of GXP. Jovia was much more entertaining than I assumed she'd be. Her interactions with Kenshi and Ryo-ohki was hilarious.

That ending though. Really interestd to see where the plot goes from here. A definite improvement from OVA 4 already. Can't wait for spoiler discussion. :)
I'm in full agreement. You pretty much nailed my thoughts on this episode... and yes, DAT ENDING THO! The words in my mind when I heard that final line from Kiriko; "You go, Seina!" He definitely "got to work", if you know what I mean. :getin:

Anyway... anyone gonna try to guess which of Tenchi's girls he's gonna "get to work" with first? Maybe Based Fap has insight. And speaking of whom...
Quote from: Eff Efferson on March 07, 2020, 11:09:26 AM
how the heck are they just gonna sub ova 5 and not 4
Beat ya to it. This is the reason for my "Bizarroverse timeline" comment earlier. ;)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Tenchi's kids by mother earliest first:
Ryoko, Ayeka, Ryo-Ohki,Noike & Mihoshi

Seina's kids:
Kiriko, Amane, Ryoko Balta

I'm about half-way through episode 1. I gotta say that (1) the start of this is much easier than OVA 4 was. And (2), I'm STUNNED at Crunchyroll's adaptation being so ANB-friendly.

They're usually good at that.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Harls on March 07, 2020, 09:46:37 PM
They're usually good at that.

You obviously haven't been watching "A Certain Scientific Railgun T" then. 😅 The subtitles literally make my eyes hurt.

That aside, is this RPG-fantasy thing discussed in episode 1 something that happened in the GXP novels.

Yes, Renza Ferderation is a fantasy like setting with elves, dwarves and what not. Epilouge on GXP 15 was all about Kiriko losing her shit in the setting. Joining the adventurer guild might be from a later book.

Nyaa has Tenchi episode on its list of trackers.

1080p - https://nyaa.si/view/1226879
720p - https://nyaa.si/view/1226882

OK, so what's the scoop on Jovia? From the limited amount of stuff I've seen here, I gather she's an elf mage? And I suppose that makes her from Renza Federation?

Episode one only gives a glimpse to her abilities and how she really seems like an Isekai character for Southern Japan. Her magic is probably based on the later GP light novels.