OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Thanks for the info.

It is not normal to translate island names though. I guess they wanted to avoid the musical instrument reference, but I get annoyed by translating names.

almost a month past release... no preview for the next episode... must be something big
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Eff Efferson on September 19, 2020, 01:58:06 AM
almost a month past release... no preview for the next episode... must be something big

Could be COVID finally catching up. I hate to be a downer but I think that might be the more likely scenario.

Wedding has been teased hard, weddings in 4 implys kids in 5.

Who knows

September 21, 2020, 06:47:17 AM #528 Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 06:52:50 AM by WarOmnimon
Quote from: Ricin on September 19, 2020, 05:35:23 PM
Could be COVID finally catching up. I hate to be a downer but I think that might be the more likely scenario.
I'm not gonna assume it's COVID affecting production... at least not yet. Keep in mind that both today (September 21) and tomorrow are federal holidays in Japan (Respect for the Aged Day and the Autumn Equinox actually fell on back to back days this year, which doesn't happen very often), so they can't reveal anything even if they wanted to until Wednesday (In Japan, of course) earliest. That's probably why we haven't gotten any previews yet. While unrelated, it's probably the reason why Premium Bandai is waiting until the beginning of October to put the Digimon Pendulum Z Wave 2 up for preorder. I mention that only to further point out that the back-to-back holidays are holding a lot of info bombs up, not just for Tenchi.

That... and if it was COVID, AIC would have announced a delay already. Every other company has announced COVID delays as soon as their franchises were affected, so it would certainly be the same case here.
This is more likely to be the case than a delay given the factors I mentioned, and also because the official website didn't add any new characters after episode 3 like they did after the first 2. Tenchi's wedding is something they'd definitely take time and gradually build up to hyping, especially given how many people have been hoping to see it.

TLDR Don't panic about no preview yet. If it was COVID related, AIC would have announced a delay by now, which they didn't. More than likely, it has to do with the back-to-back holidays.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Nah, I can see another season or two leading up to this wedding   :shepicide:

Quote from: Maysiiu on September 21, 2020, 12:14:05 PM

Atleast 6 more seasons of meeting tenchi's half cousins aunt's uncle's great great grandmother's college roommate while drinking tea
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Eff Efferson on September 21, 2020, 04:46:22 PM
Quote from: Maysiiu on September 21, 2020, 12:14:05 PM

Atleast 6 more seasons of meeting tenchi's half cousins aunt's uncle's great great grandmother's college roommate while drinking tea
Don't forget Tenchi's third cousin twice removed that he nor the girls even remotely knew about showing up somewhere in there, LOL. :emot-smugdog:

(Not saying that this will happen obviously; I'm playing along with the joke.)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

September 22, 2020, 08:49:39 PM #532 Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 08:53:08 PM by WarOmnimon
On a more serious note (Hence the double post), I took a moment to pass this Twitter post through Google Translate just now.

https://twitter.com/tenchi4th/status/1306763877858779142

Tenchi Muyo! The 4th volume of Ryo-Ohki is also produced. Work is in progress quietly. A little while ago, the work around the sound of Volume 4 was completed. Due to corona measures, we couldn't record all together...
^ Google Translate stuffs, LOL

TLDR Production timing for episode 4 wasn't affected by the pandemic (In fact, the post outright states that sound production for the episode is done); the voice actors had to record their lines from home, that's all (The post outright states that the voice actors couldn't voice their lines together).

I guess we can consider this as confirmation that there won't be a delay. :)

September 23, 2020, 08:20:47 PM #533 Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 08:41:05 PM by Nonsuch Ned
Quote from: kamikaze00007 on July 09, 2020, 11:04:40 AM

Apart from them, the rest of the ladies implicated to sooner or later also get a piece of Seina are the Renza girls Sojyu, Kaguya, Airen, (Souren??? Daga otoko da.), Jovia, Maya (just wants the DNA), Makihi (Maya's mom so maybe after DNA ONLY as well), Acha (still a kid in the novels but she's a living sacrifice to Seina and JINV so she can't go home to her planet and stays with Seina), and really, just hints and bits and pieces blended in through the novels' dialogue so it's hard to really count the rest. JINV's humanoid terminal and the Philosopher's Stone's humanoid form might also be included there for all I know but that's going to at least be hinted by the last volume still not out. It has been confirmed by Yosho though that Airi does want a piece of Seina which is why she keeps on bothering him, and Yosho has stated that she will probably mellow out if Seina gives her what she wants. He apparently doesn't mind taking care of the resulting offspring back on Earth (that's some complicated husband wife understanding there).

Responding to an old comment via a search, because it seems to be the only one that mentions "Airen" in this thread.

I was checking something different in ep.2 and noticed something I missed.

When the girls are talking about who will be living at the house Kiriko says "Acha-chan and AIREN-san will need to disguise themselves as humans" - which not only confirms the barely there so far Airen as a wife, but could be oddly counting out Kaguya,Sojyu, and any other exotic species... at least from living with them. I guess they could be included but stuck keeping the fort in Renza?

And, BTW, Jovia is a "wife"? To tell the truth I just think of her as a prankster that came along for the ride. But in the same scene Kiriko is including her as someone as part of the house.
...in my pants

I have a theory. After every couple of sets completed Seina gets a trouble maker to balance the karma equation. Airi played that role in the original Arc. Jovia is it in Renza Arc. Paradise War is not a Seina focused arc do not troublemaker. So after every so many he gets a trouble maker. Got one on the first group, then another on his 5th, next one would be on his 9th? if we ever get that far in the story.

I have also had a similar theory about the emblem of the Yamada house scene on the guys (Except the Balta Son) in the -If- doujins. The symbol is a circle Bisected into quarters with 3 short protrusions on 1 side and a single protrusion on the opposite side. In Seina's groups there is always a commonality amongst the girls with a single outlier.

1st set of wives Kiriko, Amane, Ryoko and Neeje (3 Space, 1 Earthling; 3 Women, 1 Child-bodied; 3 Non-pirate, 1 Pirate)
2nd set of wives (3 Princesses, 1 Queen)
3rd set Miki, Fuku/Widow, Kirche, D. (3 AI/Astral in Bioroid, 1 Biological Female; 3 Good, 1 Evil)
4 set of Wives Tskiko, Mikami, Quis/Mirror Seto, Mahiki ( 3 World Leaders, 1 Housewife)
5th Set of "wives" from Renza Arc, (3 Biological Females, 1 Biological Male)

I can't quite agree with a core part of that.

I simply cannot see Airi as part of the harem- some girls just don't fit and she's one. I guess it's why I don't see Jovia as one, because she is in the same mold. Naja/Seto could also be in that category- she may be a flirt occasionally but most of the behavior came from Kuis acting as mirror Seto, like on Imuim. It's almost as there's a fifth astral pattern that serves as an outside irritant. Like Ayuko got herself stuck in this karmic wheel just to screw with Kazuki.

Then there's Tennyo, she belongs to no harem. She is somewhat secretly a mischievous woman who takes after her mother, but not quite the same as Airi or Jovia.

As part of my wiki updates I consolidated the "wives and possible wives" lists (combined the possibles with Washu's list). I'm up to nine now (with lots of question marks and x's). The weirdest is still Ringo's, because she's still the only one in her group. But her placement in a group all by herself comes from Washu's list in the novel. Could be her other accountants

...in my pants

Quote from: Ricin on September 24, 2020, 01:24:39 AM
I Paradise War is not a Seina focused arc do not troublemaker.
The blond genius girl after Shou also goes after seina
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

September 24, 2020, 09:56:38 PM #537 Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 10:04:49 PM by Nonsuch Ned
I hate to just keep popping more and more questions, but where else am I going to ask?

Another bit in episode two (as I'm looking into Kuis),

The bit where Kuis realizes the three know that she's Seto's Mirror.

SO, they go to where Ryu-Oh is regenerating, Kyoko's terminal is there (I assume the whole ship is hiding in the same area of Washu's subspace).
I don't have a problem believing that Kyoko has matured to a first generation level thanks to Washu's tweaking. And Kyoko being an immature and curios being might look into the secrets of other ships.
but the actual dialogue....

K.P. - "I guess Tenchi-dono has ascended Ryu-Oh-chan"
Sasami - "And that's how your secret was revealed"

It would make more sense to me if Kyoko somehow got it from Mikagami... why would Ryu-oh know anything?
What does "ascending Ryu-Oh" even mean?

:emot-iiam:
...in my pants

Oh well... I guess my guess would be that Tenchi somehow gave Ryu-Oh 1st generation abilities too? Or a higher realm of conscientiousness to connect with far away trees? I guess the second might give it the ability to know things it normally wouldn't... and Kyoko would also get it from her and pass it along.
Can't you just hear her saying to whoever, like a child, "Hey! Hey! You know what? Guess what?! Ryu-same just told me that Seto is Kuis and Kuis is Seto and something about a mirror! What's that mean?"
I guess it makes sense for Kuis to press Sasami too, as Tsunami would basically be aware of all secrets, but Sasami should know to keep them secrets.

You're getting to know me by now...  :speculate:
Here's some more...

Another week, still no new trailer. No new VA cast announcements.
Possible they're intentionally keeping it quiet?
If one does come out it might just be a few of them speaking vaguely about "things" and quick shots of who knows what. I still contend the only way to tie more Kajashima series into the OVA would be a deep revealing dive into the past- which Kiyone's research would be a key to introducing. It would be a way for Kajashima to share all those old details in his head and doujins that past shortened episode counts didn't allow him to include before.
They could give the classic anime title used so many times before "Secrets and Lies."
...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on September 28, 2020, 11:23:49 AM
Oh well... I guess my guess would be that Tenchi somehow gave Ryu-Oh 1st generation abilities too? Or a higher realm of conscientiousness to connect with far away trees? I guess the second might give it the ability to know things it normally wouldn't... and Kyoko would also get it from her and pass it along.
Can't you just hear her saying to whoever, like a child, "Hey! Hey! You know what? Guess what?! Ryu-same just told me that Seto is Kuis and Kuis is Seto and something about a mirror! What's that mean?"
I guess it makes sense for Kuis to press Sasami too, as Tsunami would basically be aware of all secrets, but Sasami should know to keep them secrets.

You're getting to know me by now...  :speculate:
Here's some more...

Another week, still no new trailer. No new VA cast announcements.
Possible they're intentionally keeping it quiet?
If one does come out it might just be a few of them speaking vaguely about "things" and quick shots of who knows what. I still contend the only way to tie more Kajashima series into the OVA would be a deep revealing dive into the past- which Kiyone's research would be a key to introducing. It would be a way for Kajashima to share all those old details in his head and doujins that past shortened episode counts didn't allow him to include before.
They could give the classic anime title used so many times before "Secrets and Lies."
mikagami is only gen 3
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here