Started by Surgeon Of Death, November 07, 2014, 11:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru currently

-Akebi's Sailor Uniform
-My Dress Up Darling
-Komi Can't Communicate
-Otherside Picnic

What? Encanto isn't an anime? Fff.
Plenty of trees on Jurai, and plenty of big juicy melons.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on January 30, 2022, 11:09:25 AM

This, amazed at how immensely popular the manga was.

Quote from: Meeeeeeelllllon on February 13, 2022, 11:54:20 AM
What? Encanto isn't an anime? Fff.
And here I am in this same thread mentioning which tokusatsu I'm watching in addition to which anime I'm watching, so I think you'd get a free pass there, LOL. :)
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on January 30, 2022, 11:09:25 AM
I'm hearing so many good things about this one that I'll have to go back and catch it when I have time. I'll probably wait until it wraps up, though. Too much on my plate at once right now, including finishing up with Komi Can't Communicate (A few episodes away from finishing season 1).
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

April 13, 2022, 07:49:11 PM #94 Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 05:10:10 PM by Nonsuch Ned
Action fans are going to hate this season, but my cup runneth over.

Really, probably going to have to drop shows I would have been happy to watch last season just because too much good stuff is already playing and I need time for other stuff.

Sequels:
Kaguya-Sama: Love is War
Ascendance of a Bookworm
Science Fell in Love
(might drop- the show is no masterpiece and the first "experiment" was annoying

New:
SpyXFamily
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie
Dance Dance Danseur
(Surprising one- interesting take on battling Toxic masculinity- Ballet by way of Martial Art training with shojo boy faces)
Deaimon: Recipe for Happiness
Aharen-san wa Hakarenai
The Executioner and her Way of Life

probably dropping- but not really bad:
RPG Real Estate
The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody
Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for a Mob
BIRDIE WING -Golf Girls' Story
Tiger & Bunny 2
I'm Quitting Heroing
Ya Boy Kongming!
(actually haven't watched, only just saw a  review that named this a "must-watch" along SpyXFamily)

...in my pants

Looking at the playlist:
4shur
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These
Love After World Domination
SpyXFamily
Kaguya-sama
Date-A-Live IV

check in on
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie
Aharen-san wa Hakarenai
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

The only one of the maybes I've definitely dropped for good is RPG Real Estate. It seemed like it could be a sweet little nothing CGDCT show with a slightly silly premise. Order a Rabbit with mages and a loose "finding houses" shtick, but the second episode was beyond stupid and the girls aren't really all cute; they're just tropes with premade faces that spout the same big boob/small boob and yuri jokes.
...in my pants

Currently I only watch One Piece and the new Tiger and Bunny series.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

As I noted before, the rest of 2022 is a lot busier than the Winter 2022 anime season for me; I coasted through the entire Winter 2022 season with just Digimon Ghost Game and then BOOM, the Toei hack happened and I was jonesing for the rest of the season because 1. Ghost Game didn't come back until the Spring 2022 anime season started and 2. I fell so far behind on Kamen Rider Revice and never got started with Avataro Sentai Donbrothers which means I couldn't fall back on toku.

For this current Spring 2022 anime season, I'm watching Kaguya-sama: Love is War, Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club, and Spy X Family. We recently also got confirmation that Utawarerumono: The Two Hakuoros (AKA Mask of Truth), which will begin in the Summer 2022 anime season, will be two cours, and I've been caught up for that since it was announced. As for the Autumn 2022 anime season, Kantai Collection Season 2 is on my to-watch list as well even though it won't start until later in the season and will be a shorter show. I am okay with a quality over quantity approach, especially if it means we won't get much filler.

Other anime that I have my eyes on in the remaining seasons and beyond aside from the aforementioned Utawarerumono and Kancolle...

Summer 2022: Fuuto PI (This is a sequel to Kamen Rider W; an anime sequel to a tokusatsu, how about that? :) ), Kinsou no Vermeil
Autumn 2022: My Hero Academia Season 6, Mairimashita! Iruma-kun Season 3, Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury, Spy X Family Part 2
2022 (Exact timing unclear): RWBY: Ice Queendom
Others: Chainsaw Man, Dr. Stone Season 3, THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! (Recently confirmed for 2023), THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: U149 (Which means we're likely getting an iM@S double whammy next year)

Also... *Looks at Million Live and Cinderella Girls U149* Shiny Colors anime WHEN?
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Finally watched Ace of Diamond Act II. This is one of my favorite shows, so I'm not sure why it took me two years after it ended to finally watch it. Out of the 3 seasons this might have been my favorite. It was the first time in a long time that I was so invested in an anime that I was staying up late watching it until I couldn't keep my eyes open.

Extremely late to the party but Slime Boy Reincarnation Time or whatever it's called is fantastic. Rimuru is a fucking badass.
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Started watching Tiger & Bunny. It's an alright superhero show. I'm only about halfway through the first season but it has been solid. Tiger's original costume he wore in the first episode is way better than the ugly armor he actually ends up wearing in the show.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on May 30, 2022, 08:29:38 PM
Started watching Tiger & Bunny. It's an alright superhero show. I'm only about halfway through the first season but it has been solid. Tiger's original costume he wore in the first episode is way better than the ugly armor he actually ends up wearing in the show.

I really loved Tiger and Bunny. Disagree about Tiger's costume but then again I'm a slut for power armor/mecha.

Besides rewatching Ryo Ohki, not really anime, but I've been watching Dogengers. It's a tokusatsu show about Japan's local heroes and it's pretty enjoyable. Finished the first season and next I'll go onto Dogengers Nice Buddy if I don't decide to swap over to Ultraman Tiga or Trigger instead.
Gamers,

There's stuff to watch this season. A couple decent low-stakes OP-MC Isekai shows, a decent gag rom-com, a couple light action shows with waifus, the new Made in Abyss (if I can get in the mood to pull my heart out and stomp on it for awhile).
but absolutely nothing to love.

I may have to go back to stuff I skipped/stopped last season. Such as the show connected to one notable Tenchi creator, who is also connected to probably 10-25% of the rest of your anime collection without you realizing it... Yousuke Kuroda.

Stop Sleeping On The Lesbian Golf Mafia Anime
...in my pants

I'm in the middle of watching Sailor Moon, and a little bit of Midori Days (yikes, that one is a weird one!)