Did Katsuhito had other wives?

Started by takahata, August 21, 2019, 02:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
From what we know, Katsuhito had only two wives, Airi and Kasumi.  Due to his age, it would seem that Katsuhito would have gotten married a few more times. One reason for Katsuhito getting married a few more  times is to help him in his disguise.  If Katsuhito had gotten married a few more times,  those marriages may have been marriages of convenience.  So far, Katsuhito has only two known wives.

I am just wondering if Katsuhito does have a third wife.  Like Kasumi and Airi-san, Katsuhito will be in love with his third wife. As expected due to the long life span of many members of the Masaki Family,  Katsuhito's third wife will be in outer space. Katsuhito had mention that he does have two daughters who are in space in the third episode of OVA 4. Katsuhito may have been reffering to Kiriko.  Given his age, Katsuhito had meant to say having one daughter who happens to Kirko, but made a honest slip.

If Katsuhito had a third wife, she will likely return to Earth to become Katsuhito's wife on occasion.  If there is a reboot of the Tenchi Muyo series, the ideal of Katsuhito having three wives will make a lot of sense.  If Katsuhito turns out to have a third wife, she would been the wife whom Katsuhito was married to on occasion over the decades.

:how: :really: :gtfo: :speculate:

the two daughters in space thing was a translation error that i never fixed in the fixed subs
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

The real crux of this argument is the transition from the early Tenchi fiction (Hexagram of Love for example) that prepared the Tenchi movies for Yosho/Katsuhito having multiple wives (beyond the OVA / True Tenchi duo).

As far as I know, Yosho only had two wives. After Kasumi died, he reached out to find out what happened with Airi, whom he never fell out of love with. That was when Seto finally found him, but arranged for Yosho and Airi to basically marry in private. There's been no other mention that I'm aware of where Yosho had anyone else.