True Tenchi novels licensed by Seven Seas!

Started by Ryo-Okay, November 16, 2017, 04:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I felt all the blood drain from my face when this happen this is great news indeed, Also I'll be shilling this heavily and I except you'll all do the same. If this does well enough this company could end up picking up the GXP stuff as well maybe.

I've been waiting for this since 2005, when I first learned that the novels were under consideration for licensing. As it turned out, it was felt the market for light novels wasn't there yet to justify the cost of translating/publishing the novels.

As an aside, if we want more Tenchi novels translated (especially something long like the GXP novels), sales of the Shin Tenchi Muyo! novels will need to be really, really good.

:woop: :woop: WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :woop: :woop:

Yes. We all need to buy these novels, so we can get the GXP ones translated as well.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: antvasima on November 16, 2017, 11:40:09 PM
Yes. We all need to buy these novels, so we can get the GXP ones translated as well.

Very much so!

It is great news. The story of Azusa, Seto, Funaho, Misaki, Yosho, Airi, Washu, Nadja are wonderful, so I hope you enjoy it.
Seto's behavior in this series is very cool.

I've always found airis story very compelling. the yosho novel really shine  shines when it switches to her pov
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Nice
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

November 17, 2017, 08:15:44 AM #10 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 07:27:33 AM by WarOmnimon
That moment we're FINALLY being recognized again...

Real talk though (Aside from the "go buy these" comments that literally everyone else here AND their kitchen sinks have already made, which means I won't have to make that comment), the fact that Kadokawa was willing to license the True Tenchi novels in the first place, something that I thought would NEVER be licensed, means that they might still care about the western fanbase after all.  Hopefully, this gives a good kick in the pants to anyone in any relevant position of power who even shows remote interest in securing a western license for OVA 4.  :)

...you know what, I'm gonna say it anyway.  We need to buy these.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Is anybody willing to write some advertisement pages for the Tenchi Muyo novels in the Tenchi Muyo wiki that I take care of? It might help the sales.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: WarOmnimon on November 17, 2017, 08:15:44 AM
the fact that AIC was willing to license the True Tenchi novels

Kadokawa. It's always been Kadokawa for print media.

And of course, I'm in.

P.S.- it's good to have a real keyboard again. ;)
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

November 18, 2017, 05:08:14 AM #14 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 06:33:03 AM by Monster Man
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on November 16, 2017, 04:58:25 PM
I felt all the blood drain from my face when this happen this is great news indeed

All the way down to a rock hard boner? That's how I felt anyhow. Can't wait to zone out while pounding down these stories; reaching that perfect level of immersion where you gotta keep reading and can't stop.