Minaho or Mizuho?

Started by Ricin, February 04, 2019, 01:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I am going to send some translation scripts out and I wanted to get some people's opinions.

Minaho is being translated as Mizuho in the True Tenchi Novels and by the guy I am using for translations but when I listen to the episodes where her name is said is sounds like Min-Aho not Mi-zu-ho.

I am sure it is a translation thing and I wanted to know how we should have it edited in.

Feel free to let me know.

Masaki Minaho is Yosho and Airi's first daughter, Masaki Mizuho is the purple-haired girl from the OAV4 Masaki trio.

Where did you read Minaho as Mizuho in a TTN? I'm pretty sure I've read every English translation, and I thought they all used Minaho.

You are definitely hearing correct.

both names read mizuho when read wrong ... its minaho.. and mizune
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

From TTN Volume 2

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ah! I forgot to check the colored pages! It says Minaho in the actual chapter that scene appears in, so I guess eventually someone noticed.

I don't know if they have one person translating or a team, but there are a lot of little mistakes in these books. Like calling Yosho "Yoshi".

Quote from: Y_Anthony_Who on February 06, 2019, 01:25:13 PM
Ah! I forgot to check the colored pages! It says Minaho in the actual chapter that scene appears in, so I guess eventually someone noticed.

I don't know if they have one person translating or a team, but there are a lot of little mistakes in these books. Like calling Yosho "Yoshi".

whoever theyare they make me feel good about my trqnslating cause there not good in so many ways
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here