"AIC, Toei Agency Sign Deal to Co-Own Megazone 23, Tenchi Muyo, etc"

Started by Kicksville, April 16, 2021, 12:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: RyannVonDoom on June 14, 2021, 11:36:25 PM
So excited for Gall Force to get some love, hopefully. Any more on this whole deal? Funimation took off the tenchiverse link and the DVD/blurays are selling out on their site.

Some of it may just be a repackaging thing.

Geminar is being released again BD-only under the "Classics" imprint next month.
...in my pants

I truly hope so. The 200$ price tag for the OVAs and Movies each sucks.. Hopefully you're correct.
They live. We sleep.

If you do not want to download them, I think that you can find all of the Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki episodes via Funimation's and Crunchyroll's streaming services.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: antvasima on June 24, 2021, 08:28:10 AM
If you do not want to download them, I think that you can find all of the Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki episodes via Funimation's and Crunchyroll's streaming services.

Yep. Got the yearly Funimation sub. I'm going back to getting physical media and want them. Had them on my wishlist for like 2 years lol.. Just didnt purchase. Hoping the prices go back to being reasonable or a new run is printed.
They live. We sleep.

What I'm guessing is that they may want to combine 1, 2, & 3 in a new release but the dead stock of the "Ryo-Ohki" release is delaying such a repackaging. They don't want to sell off the old release at too much of a loss.
...but at the same time, who wants 3 without 1&2? So how do they hope to sell them?
...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on June 25, 2021, 10:25:34 AM
What I'm guessing is that they may want to combine 1, 2, & 3 in a new release but the dead stock of the "Ryo-Ohki" release is delaying such a repackaging. They don't want to sell off the old release at too much of a loss.
...but at the same time, who wants 3 without 1&2? So how do they hope to sell them?

Ryo-ohki is currently going for 11$ roughly. I know this because I bought it a week ago.  :spends:
They live. We sleep.

I don't think they can combine them, since two different companies hold the licenses between them (1+2 with GeneonUniversal, and 3 with vap)
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

So.. GXP has been removed from Funimation now. Was on there a couple weeks ago when I added it to my que. The OVA is only 13 episodes listed as well. War on Gemnar is there though.
They live. We sleep.

"Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki" is the third OVA. It's there.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Harls on June 27, 2021, 07:04:41 AM
"Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki" is the third OVA. It's there.

Oh. GXP is definitely gone.
They live. We sleep.

I thought GXP was gone months ago. I forget the reasoning. Was  it back temporaily and now gone again?
...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on June 27, 2021, 10:30:47 PM
I thought GXP was gone months ago. I forget the reasoning. Was  it back temporaily and now gone again?

I put it on my que back in mid may and it had the episodes listed that I remember.
They live. We sleep.

Well the DVD box set of GXP is going for about twenty bucks at Right Stuf and Amazon...wait it's out of stock too.

20$ on amazon for the SAVE edition.. Never actually watched it. so not sure i'd spend on it.
They live. We sleep.

Quote from: RyannVonDoom on June 27, 2021, 11:34:57 PM
Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on June 27, 2021, 10:30:47 PM

I put it on my que back in mid may and it had the episodes listed that I remember.

Huh. It should have been gone two years ago.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-02-07/funimation-tenchi-muyo-gxp-anime-digital-rights-expire/.143081