Super Smash Bros For Nintendo 3DS/Wii U

Started by Surgeon Of Death, September 12, 2014, 08:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
https://www.youtube.com/v/4orhBgFzZgY
The game's out in Japan right now for the 3DS while there is still no release date for the Wii U edition. Also Club Nintendo members who made it to Platinum and had their e-mail notices turn on got a chance to download an unlimited play demo. It's really fun and I'm having a ball with Villager and Link. I can't wait to try out Robin, Lucina and Duck Hunt Dog though! Here's some dates to watch out for:

Smash Bros 3DS:
Japan: OUT NOW
US: 10/3/2014
Germany: 10/2/2014
Europe: 10/3/2014

Smash Bros Wii U:
WW: Winter 2014 (Bullshit, but I believe it.)

Should be obvious by my avatar as to one of the characters I'm going to be maining.  And his Final Smash is epic in a funny way - what they did with the pup's whole moveset was really clever.  I'm also VERY happy that ROB doesn't have a super useless Final Smash anymore.  All I will say is that I got G1 Galvatron vibes from it - you guys and girls have to see it for yourself to understand why I say that.

Overall, I've got the following characters on deck...

Mains Pac-Man, Duck Hunt Dog, Dr Mario (Pac-Man and DHD will be my absolute mains)
Subs Little Mac, Mega Man, ROB (Emphasis on ROB because he was a main of mine in Brawl)

I'll also throw some Miis in there (Myself as a Mii Brawler and the Tenchi cast in appropriate roles to their characteristics are confirmed for my Mii lineup, will likely also use Ryu, Ken, and Akuma)... but you won't see them unless you are on my friend list for online play (Nintendo won't be allowing Mii Fighters in random matchups... sad face).  Either that, or if we're playing local wireless or on the Wii U in the same room by some random miracle.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

September 13, 2014, 11:31:37 PM #2 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:37:36 PM by Mewshuji
Wii U release date appears to be Black Friday. Hope you guys are ready to either line up at Midnight the day before or wait until mid December to get it.
https://twitter.com/GodDamnProtoman/status/510572354624557056/photo/1

... Not that I have a Wii U yet anyway nor will I really be able to get one by then. Definitely gonna get 3DS version. Big enough cast I can justify having a bunch of mains- looking at Duckhunt, ZSSamus, Charizard, Bowser Jr., and Lucina. Will probably try Zelda and Palutena too.

Edit: Could be a placeholder date. Still, worth noting I think.

Quote from: WarOmnimon on September 13, 2014, 09:16:48 AM
I'm also VERY happy that ROB doesn't have a super useless Final Smash anymore.  All I will say is that I got G1 Galvatron vibes from it - you guys and girls have to see it for yourself to understand why I say that.
Looks like I wasn't the only one who thought that! It's quite an upgrade from his Final Smash in Brawl.
Quote from: WarOmnimon on September 13, 2014, 09:16:48 AM
I'll also throw some Miis in there (Myself as a Mii Brawler and the Tenchi cast in appropriate roles to their characteristics are confirmed for my Mii lineup, will likely also use Ryu, Ken, and Akuma)... but you won't see them unless you are on my friend list for online play (Nintendo won't be allowing Mii Fighters in random matchups... sad face).  Either that, or if we're playing local wireless or on the Wii U in the same room by some random miracle.
Be sure to upload some QR codes if you have them or friend us with those FCs once the game's out!

Quote from: Mewshuji on September 13, 2014, 11:31:37 PM
Wii U release date appears to be Black Friday. Hope you guys are ready to either line up at Midnight the day before or wait until mid December to get it.
https://twitter.com/GodDamnProtoman/status/510572354624557056/photo/1
Edit: Could be a placeholder date. Still, worth noting I think.
That's quite the specific date and it would definitely work in NOA's favor since Black Friday and all would really push sales for the Wii U. Still I think that also might be a bit early. We've yet to even know what modes are going to be exclusive to Wii U.

Well the game's been out worldwide on the 3DS for 3 days now by now some players have unlocked the whole roster and extras. Its quite different to control than with a Gamecube controller but I've somehow managed to get used to it by now....Check out what I've been doing with my Mii Fighters:

Now if only they had custom sword options......

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on October 13, 2014, 08:15:06 AM
Can I make Ryoko as well? ;_;

Yes you can good sir... here's how to get the Mii needed for that.

1. Copy and paste this link (Just in case just clicking on it doesn't work).
2. Scan Ryoko's Mii QR code.
3. Make a Mii Fighter out of said Mii in Smash.
4. Hold up, wait a minute...
5. PROFIT!

Keep in mind that the names for each Mii QR are in Japanese... and yes, this covers most of the main cast for Tenchi and GXP, plus a couple of the Isekai characters.  You can thank me later, people... for now I'm running off like Yoshi.  :yoshi:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

If only they had a spiky hair and color option....crossing my fingers for DLC.

I agree with you on the hair color option... heck, they did it for Tomodachi Life, so why not for Smash?  +1 for you, Surgeon.

Also, I got your PM this morning and I'll be putting your FC in as soon as I return from breakfast.  Mine is in my signature.  :)

Alright added ya! I usually only get Saturdays to play with school being in the way and all....

Quote from: WarOmnimon on October 15, 2014, 05:50:24 PM
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on October 13, 2014, 08:15:06 AM
Can I make Ryoko as well? ;_;

Yes you can good sir... here's how to get the Mii needed for that.

1. Copy and paste this link (Just in case just clicking on it doesn't work).
2. Scan Ryoko's Mii QR code.
3. Make a Mii Fighter out of said Mii in Smash.
4. Hold up, wait a minute...
5. PROFIT!

Keep in mind that the names for each Mii QR are in Japanese... and yes, this covers most of the main cast for Tenchi and GXP, plus a couple of the Isekai characters.  You can thank me later, people... for now I'm running off like Yoshi.  :yoshi:

Beautiful :fuck:

Quote from: WarOmnimon on October 19, 2014, 07:24:27 AM
I agree with you on the hair color option... heck, they did it for Tomodachi Life, so why not for Smash?  +1 for you, Surgeon.

Also, I got your PM this morning and I'll be putting your FC in as soon as I return from breakfast.  Mine is in my signature.  :)
Hmm. Is your code right? I added you but it seems that you have yet to add mine in yet since your Mii hasn't shown up along with your Nintendo ID name.

Anyways for the purpose of not making this a reckless bump, some users have the Wii U version already and one of them is uploading the ENTIRE music library!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Examined100

Quote from: Surgeon Of Death on November 07, 2014, 10:45:16 PM
Hmm. Is your code right? I added you but it seems that you have yet to add mine in yet since your Mii hasn't shown up along with your Nintendo ID name.
Rats!  Spaced it out because I've been super busy with my stream and a whole bunch of real life stuff has come up lately - my bad.  Just added you moments ago, so it should be good now.