Ayuko! Parallel Trouble?!

Started by shades of blue, November 06, 2012, 11:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I just got my hands on the Dual! Ultimate Fan Guide and found an interesting snippet within:

BTW Dual! UFG appears mostly worthless, thou the last 20 pages contain character details for use with the BESM RPG system and sketches.

Wow all suddenly make sense. Except...if Ayuko is accidentally in the other world, how Mitsuko knew her mother is with another man ? Is Ayuko can return to her original world ?

Part of that is actually mentioned near the bottom; "Mitsuki Sanada's comment that Ayuko ran off with another man could be an assumption to explain a mysterious disappearance".

As for her being able to return to the original world, by herself, I'd have to say no. Because she would first need Sanada to build or repair the machine, in the parallel timeline, before she could travel back. Thou at the end it would not matter much, since she & the rest of the alternative timeline cast are pulled into Kazuki's timeline.

Interesting hypothesis.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

You know what, there just might be something to it. I was looking for a scene to screen capture in EP14 and I just noticed that in there scene where Ayuko & Hiroshi Rara are trying to make Mitsuki & Kazuki a couple, she audibly becomes flustered, when Ken & the gang burst in. Right then Ayuko blurts out "Sa-sanada-kun~!", in a different pitch from normal, as she was caught off guard and it sounded much in the way you'd expect someone with a closer character relationship to respond. Prior to that, it did not seem like Ken & Ayuko had much positive character interactions, in the alternative timeline. At least not that I can recall anyway. And normally I would have overlooked such a detail, but with the possibility that Ayuko Sanada traveled over and became "Ayuko Rara", my ears were more in tune with such easily overlooked detail.

That makes a lot of sense actually, never thought of it before

Now if someone can resolve the age difference between the Mitsukis, as MR is the older of the two. ;)
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Holy shit... I have to re-watch Dual!.

February 08, 2013, 04:14:45 AM #9 Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 04:31:55 AM by LightHawkWing
Quote from: Harls on December 01, 2012, 12:43:11 PM
Now if someone can resolve the age difference between the Mitsukis, as MR is the older of the two. ;)

My thoughts exactly.

Unless she had been making back and forth trips to the parallel world before she left for good. Or maybe she's the opposite of Kazuki and instead of getting their a month behind, she got there at some earlier point in time.

what ive translated so far in heseiban 3 seems to go against this. but im not that far it. it would make no sense if there were two though. mitsuki rara is 23 and mitsuki sonada is 19 meaning ayuko would have had to have had mistuki rara and gone over to normal earth had sonadas kid n come back.  i would say that gxp 3 could hint that mituki sonada was an imperfect clone of ayuko like miki and history repeated itself .and that would make thsi thoery once again plausable but heres the thing.heseiban 3 says  ayuko was their lab assistand and on the mecha earth she ran off with rara when a nother country sent an investigation team to check the ship and he stole it for himself where as in normal earth she married ken and had mistuki before running off. its worth noting though that she has a singular mention in theseries pitchs character bios with her maiden name. its a small blurb though. id say though this thoery while i love it and feel it enhanced the show is pretty jossed once you read hesei ban 3
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Was rewatching Dual, Ayuko reminds me alot of Seto actually

Actually, I think there are two Ayukos. One Ayuko Sanada who abandoned Ken and Mitsuki. And the other one is Ayuko Rara (the other self in parallel world). As you see , Mitsuki Sanada(17 years old) is younger than Mitsuki Rara(21 years old), so the second hypothesis doesn't apply as if by chance Ayuko Sanada were to get transported to the parallel world and bear a child with a rich guy(Hiroshi Rara) then the child would be younger in age than her first one . (there couldn't be any time lapse like in case of Kazuki's though). :duke: :duke: :goodman:

Quote from: sohail on September 26, 2018, 03:54:15 PM
Actually, I think there are two Ayukos. One Ayuko Sanada who abandoned Ken and Mitsuki. And the other one is Ayuko Rara (the other self in parallel world). As you see , Mitsuki Sanada(17 years old) is younger than Mitsuki Rara(21 years old), so the second hypothesis doesn't apply as if by chance Ayuko Sanada were to get transported to the parallel world and bear a child with a rich guy(Hiroshi Rara) then the child would be younger in age than her first one . (there couldn't be any time lapse like in case of Kazuki's though). :duke: :duke: :goodman:

this thepry was disproved in heseiban 3.  i still rewlly like it. but debunked. now is she was never with ken in the first place... is a real possibility thanks to gxp
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here