Pokemon Thread

Started by Tenchi Ryu, January 08, 2013, 08:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Diamond and Pearl remakes look embarrassingly bad.

February 26, 2021, 08:05:57 PM #16 Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 08:10:19 PM by WarOmnimon
Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl weren't the only announcements today...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-02-26/new-pokemon-legends-arceus-game-pokemon-diamond-pokemon-pearl-remakes-announced-for-switch/.170008

Keep in mind that we're still at least a year out from Legends (Which is a prequel to Diamond and Pearl), so that will definitely get fine-tuned before release. That has my attention more than the remakes do, TBH.
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on February 26, 2021, 12:11:15 PM
Diamond and Pearl remakes look embarrassingly bad.
^ This. They noted them as "faithful remakes". But in this this case, they're being a bit too faithful. I mean, chibi style in the overworld? Even Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire didn't stoop to this level of laziness. No excuse for that.

Hey... at least Legends has the potential to be awesome.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Legends certainly has potential, but the trailer looked really rough. As you said, it's still a year out, but I don't know if Game Freak is capable of fixing this in a year. I think the early 2022 date isn't something they actually expect to hit, and they gave themselves plenty of actual time in case they need to delay until holiday 2022.

Sinnoh is my favorite region and I've always wanted a Pokemon game set in the past so this game could be perfect for me. My fear is that it will end up like most open world games and it will just be an empty map with nothing to do. If the village from the trailer is the only village in the game and everything else is wilderness then this will be such wasted potential.