ova 5 novel translation progress

Started by Eff Efferson, February 18, 2023, 08:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 18, 2023, 08:54:40 PM Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 10:00:58 PM by Eff Efferson
current:
3/16 phase 3 (translation)
??% done 88 of 160 pages translated some back give or take a few pages were saved for later
all of episode 2 done except the parts cut out saving those for last.

3/9 phase 3 (translation)
33% done 66 of 160 pages translated some back give or take a few pages were saved for later
all of episode 1

2/28 phase 3(translation)
22% done 36 of 160 pages translated.

Found a cut scene explaining that jovia is an issekai's reincarnated human.

2/20
already hit a cut monologue by rea
a few things were actually added in or adlibed in the first scene. and here i thought they were keeping it low budget to save money, they actually added visual flashback and cut away scenes to it to add more movement from what he gave them. i translated everything up to where tokimi comes in so far. the crunchyroll subs likely have a few errors in them.

past:
2/19
Phase 1 in progress
I'm currently ripping the raw text from each page page b page and putting it in one big document, page 90 of 181

2/20
Phase 3
finished collating and initial name pre translation and google translation.
fully translated page 1 of 177

i cant work on these like i used to but googles translate software is miles better then when i started almost a decade ago. theres only 80 pages in normal pages which is short and the text matches the subs mostly  my health has gotten better recently thanks to weight loss and therapy but using a computer too much with hurt me still i should be able to knock this out quickly
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

ty for all your hard work. Don't do sit in front of the computer too much. Go for a walk here and there. And invest in a good computer chair. I was starting to have pretty bad back pain due to posture. It helped me a ton.

Quote from: Dreamr on March 08, 2023, 04:51:31 AM
ty for all your hard work. Don't do sit in front of the computer too much. Go for a walk here and there. And invest in a good computer chair. I was starting to have pretty bad back pain due to posture. It helped me a ton.

I lost like 50 lbs this year and did physcial therapy last year and got orthotics. i still cant spend large amounts of time gaming or typing cause i have super broad shoulders and doing so causes me to have to tilt them inwards and that fucks up my entire back and shoulders. but im making progress
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Yikes, Eff. Hope you feel better and get those limbs realigned or whatnot.

Eff,

Here's hoping the weight loss was intentional and I hope you get to feeling better soon!
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!

Quote from: Eff Efferson on March 09, 2023, 03:56:09 PM
Quote from: Dreamr on March 08, 2023, 04:51:31 AM

I lost like 50 lbs this year and did physcial therapy last year and got orthotics. i still cant spend large amounts of time gaming or typing cause i have super broad shoulders and doing so causes me to have to tilt them inwards and that fucks up my entire back and shoulders. but im making progress

Glad you're doing well with it. The shoulders thing makes me think I should get one of those braces that helps to keep your shoudlers back. Proper posture helps a ton.

Here are pages 48-52 up to the end of the plannign scene. If a sentence runs over a page boundary, I usually put it on the second page.

"But, considering the pattern of life in Amame's house, it seems to me that the living room and dining room are the places where most of the residents were, right? It seems to me that most of the time everyone was there except when they were out of the house or sleeping."
Neige's words made everyone recall their own patterns of behavior.
"I think it's true," Neige said. "We were scattered in Renza, but after we got together, most of our private time was spent in that house in the staff living quarters."
"We are the same as Seina."
"Me and Ms. Kiriko are like normal people by nature, but Amane and Neige are different, aren't they?"
"Tell that to the charismatic priestess Neige-sama."
"After all, she's a caged bird. Renza's royalty are not like the others."
"I don't deny it, but I do feel that Seto-sama has put me on the spot.
"What Hakuren, Karen, and Suiren saw was Gyokuren.
"In our minds, aren't you still Queen Makyouku?"
"The queen has no private life. She is like an ornament sitting on a throne. As they say on earth, "waking half a tatami, sleeping one tatami."
Gyokuren said nonchalantly.
"Kiriko's team and Karen's team both do not need a proper room.

"What about Miki and the others?"
"We don't need space. If you're a Beast type, you can just roll around there."
At Miki's words, all the Fukuchans nodded.
Miki nodded, "Well, I guess it's business as usual."
"Though Jovia is the one who's going to take up the most space."
"Don't worry! In that case, I've got a secret technique to keep them scattered here and there..."
"Such a child, you even default to the point where Kiriko just drops you somewhere."
"..."
"If it's an earth house, don't Seina and Kiriko need a proper room more than we do?"
"I agree with you.  Especially since the wedding party will be held on Earth, I think there will be a certain amount of social interaction."
"If not only Kiriko-sama, but also Amane-sama and her children are born, I am sure there will be some socializing related to their parents."
"I see that there is also the issue of the children's friends...we should think about the children's room for that. But that's something that can be solved by rebuilding."

"Building more?"
"Well, the countryside is big enough for a house like this, right? If necessary, we add on to it, because a big house from the beginning would be a lot of work and maintenance."
"I see. Then, Seina and Kiriko, you will have one room each. We can go in pairs... and then we have a couple of spare rooms?"
Jovia looked at her intently, and Karen continued.
"In that case, Miki's room will be Seina's study room, right?"
"I'll probably hardly use it, but that's fine. The most important thing is to have a common closet and powder room, so that each person's room can be compressed or consolidated accordingly."
"We can use the compressed space if we can keep the kids out of that one. The rest of the rooms are related to the other bathrooms. We can have more than one bathroom. I've been told I can use the one at Tenchi's place, so I hardly need it, but it would be nice to have one for external use as well, wouldn't it?"
"I think this one from Seina-sama's parents' house would be fine. However, the laundry room should be a little larger."
"What about a storage room or a garage for our car or something?"
"Daily necessities and food can be stored near the kitchen, and the garage can be a simple one. It would be more convenient if it can be easily moved, assuming we build more."

"What about a garden?"
"If you are going to build a garden, it should be toward the front door. The other side of the house would be the additional space, so it could remain wooded or have a small vegetable garden."
"That seems to solve most of the initial problems. Do you want a one-story house or a multi-story house?"
"Considering the size of the lot, I think that can wait. Given Seina's characteristics, the ideal house would be a one-story house, right?"
"What about the guest room?"
Kirche then interrupted.
"Oh! Oh, yes, that's a problem, too, isn't it?"
"Earth guests are no problem, but space guests are a bit of a problem, aren't they?"
"All of your acquaintances are at the level of heads of state and VIPs..."
"Don't worry about it. If they're going to come to earth anyway, they're definitely going to come privately, right? Who's going to talk to you about prestige and all that?"
""""...""""
Miki's words made everyone think. Each of them picked out the acquaintances who might be coming to earth.
""""None of them are here.""""

They all answered at the same time.
"Then why don't we just build a room or two for that purpose?"
"Then the first thing we need to decide is the layout of the living room and water supply."
Kiriko activated the monitor and began to build a force-field (holographic?) house. There were various templates in the data, and Kiriko and the others were comfortably going over the plans of the house.

I added "holographic" because I think that's what is meant there, even though it says "force-field".

added and tweaked a bit. I'll add you in the credits

can you fix up the part a few pages before that for me all google translate gave me i cant make heads or tails of and at this point in the project I'm tired and taking a break

"I'll tell you, we can't do anything too fancy! It's a house in a private position on Earth. We can't build anything too strange either!"
"I know, I know!
"Well, it would be nice to have a place where everyone can relax and play with the kids, but there are examples like Tenchi's father. Isn't that a bad thing?"
"I heard, I heard! Do you like old shoujo manga? I heard that Tsukiko-san and Masaki's children were also freeing them, right?"
"That's...that's right."
"I'll tell you, I'm not the rotten person, so I'll think about zoning, you know?"

"Well, that censorship should be done by Kiriko-san.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Eff Efferson on March 21, 2023, 11:28:45 PM
added and tweaked a bit. I'll add you in the credits

can you fix up the part a few pages before that for me all google translate gave me i cant make heads or tails of and at this point in the project I'm tired and taking a break

"I'll tell you, we can't do anything too fancy! It's a house in a private position on Earth. We can't build anything too strange either!"
"I know, I know!
"Well, it would be nice to have a place where everyone can relax and play with the kids, but there are examples like Tenchi's father. Isn't that a bad thing?"
"I heard, I heard! Do you like old shoujo manga? I heard that Tsukiko-san and Masaki's children were also freeing them, right?"
"That's...that's right."
"I'll tell you, I'm not the rotten person, so I'll think about zoning, you know?"

"Well, that censorship should be done by Kiriko-san.

That sentence about Tenchi's father is confusing as Hell. But I got a chuckle when jisho told me ガキ共 (gakidomo) is a derogatory term that means
"damn kids" or "brats". Clearly that's Jovia talking there. But it is hard to tell who's speaking in that section. Let's see....

"Did you do it lightly?"
"The site is across the pond from Tenchi's place. The site area is quite large. We have a rough floor plan, and Nobuyuki-sama is going to design it for us."
"Ho-ho! I'm looking forward to it."
As expected, the women were very interested in the idea of building a house. All of their eyes were shining.
"I'm telling you, it can't be unrestrainedly spacious! After all, it's just a private home on Earth. Especially Jovia, no building any strange nests!"
"I know, I know! I've already secured that at Washu-chan's place, and there's also subspace storage."
"Well, I guess it's fine if it's a place for everyone to relax and play with the brats, since there are also cases like Tenchi's father's. In that case, it's not so bad, right?"
"I heard! I heard! I heard you like old shoujo manga? I heard it was mostly released to Tsukiko-san and the Masaki children."
"That's... that's true, but..."
"I'll leave it for another day, but I'm not the one with rotten taste, so at least consider zoning?"

"Well, I think Kiriko should be the one to censor it. ...And back to the house, wouldn't the house that Amane-san bought for Seina-sama's training at the academy be a good model case?"

NOTES:
Subspace could be hyperspace or extra-dimensional space, like what Tennyo was describing to Reia concerning her mother's habit of permanently borrowing things. Literally translated it comes out as "spirit thread space", which is just....    :bravo2:
"Did you do it lightly?" = "Have you gone over it?" (as opposed to doing something properly/seriously). Literally it's "Lightly doing?"
I think the talk about shoujo manga and rotten taste / bad habits has to do with Jovia's interest in said products, as described in a previous cut scene.  Zoning is katakana ゾーニング, so it's definitely curating/censoring/zoning/cordoning as explained in the next sentence. Basically, "keep that crap out of my kid's hands."
The line "Tsukiko and the Masaki children" is "月湖さんや正木の子供達". Masaki is spelled using the kanji for the village Masakis, not the main branch Masakis (Yosho/Azusa/Tenchi/et al). I almost missed that.

Goddammit Tsukiko!
Did you have to use 海 for Kai?
Trying to bulk name translate that ALWAYS causes problems!

Here's another problem with the initial OCR. There are odd spaces throughout this thing.
美兎跳 Mitoto came out as 美 兎跳 (pg 38). Machine translation kept throwing Usagi-sama.

I'd love to know what Mitoto did that helped! It obviously has something to do with her jumping ability, but I want to know!

Allrighty y'all,
Got a question for you.
On pg 59 I'm having an issue with 『穂野火』

(pg 59, 4th sentence, counting the xxx)
Sasamiは苦笑し、AyekaとNoikeは項垂れている。そしてKuisuは『穂野火』の端末体に じゃれ付かれつつ、ジッと少し成長したRyuouを見ている。

The translation I got says.

Sasami smiled wryly, and Ayeka and Noike hung their heads. And Kuisu was watching Ryuou, who had grown up a little, while he was being jostled by the terminal body of "Honohi".

Another translation of (穂野火) could be Honoka. Here's where I'm confused.
Noike's ship is Kyoko. Ringo's ship is Honoka.

Anyone have any thoughts on what the hell is going on here?

Thanks
BoB

Quote from: BobSchlotkin on March 25, 2023, 08:52:24 PM
Goddammit Tsukiko!
Did you have to use 海 for Kai?
Trying to bulk name translate that ALWAYS causes problems!

Here's another problem with the initial OCR. There are odd spaces throughout this thing.
美兎跳 Mitoto came out as 美 兎跳 (pg 38). Machine translation kept throwing Usagi-sama.

I'd love to know what Mitoto did that helped! It obviously has something to do with her jumping ability, but I want to know!
never translate kai's name. its a one character name never translate those. expecialy kai the word for ocean or water. it auto translates to umi. just correct the auto translste
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: BobSchlotkin on March 26, 2023, 12:17:21 AM
Allrighty y'all,
Got a question for you.
On pg 59 I'm having an issue with 『穂野火』

(pg 59, 4th sentence, counting the xxx)
Sasamiは苦笑し、AyekaとNoikeは項垂れている。そしてKuisuは『穂野火』の端末体に じゃれ付かれつつ、ジッと少し成長したRyuouを見ている。

The translation I got says.

Sasami smiled wryly, and Ayeka and Noike hung their heads. And Kuisu was watching Ryuou, who had grown up a little, while he was being jostled by the terminal body of "Honohi".

Another translation of (穂野火) could be Honoka. Here's where I'm confused.
Noike's ship is Kyoko. Ringo's ship is Honoka.

Anyone have any thoughts on what the hell is going on here?

Thanks
BoB
oh shit yeah i noticed that i thought her ship was named honoka and the terminal was kyoko but your right. he does make this mostake here i noticed it snd thought it was oddd
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Great! Thought I'd lost my mind there for a bit.

I'll change it to Kyoko in my edit.

Thanks!

Quote from: BobSchlotkin on March 27, 2023, 03:34:59 AM
Great! Thought I'd lost my mind there for a bit.

I'll change it to Kyoko in my edit.

Thanks!

ill change it in my edit too. honestly im so tired of this i dont know when ill finish it takes a long time to watch the show alongside and fix the translate. im midway to episode three they havent gotten to banjo island yet. i dont plan on doing 4 and 5 any time soon
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here