Obligatory favorite character list post extravaganza-thingie

Started by WarOmnimon, January 27, 2023, 03:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm surprised there isn't a post for us to list who our favorite characters from various franchises are yet, so I figured I'd make one. Mine might take a little while, but I'll post a starter pack and edit this post later as I think of more.

That being said, go nuts. You don't have to say why your favorite character is your favorite from that franchise or limit yourself to just one. I'll try to limit myself to a top 3 to top 5 for each franchise or spinoff. Feel free to divide larger franchises into spinoffs and so forth like I'm going to, too. I will also be using the Japanese names for the Digimon. I'm also going to note who my GOATed characters are, and also keep in mind that I consider best girl and best waifu to be different things.

Comic Party: Mizuki Takase (GOATed and also a rare instance where the same girl is both best girl and best waifu), Taishi Kuhonbutsu (GOATed)
Digimon (In general, not specifically from the anime): Ragnalordmon (GOATed, he's my favorite Digimon period), HeavyLeomon (GOATed), BanchoStingmon (GOATed and my favorite of the BAN-TYO Digimon), Pulsemon (All of his lines honestly, but Kazuchimon's is easily my favorite), Omedamon (GOATed, coolest April Fools Day joke ever and even better, the Vital Bracelet and Digimon ReArise made him canon!)
Digimon Anime (All seasons, by human and partner Digimon): Masaru Daimon & Agumon (GOATed twice... in case you couldn't tell, Savers is my favorite season), Yoshino Fujieda & Lalamon, Hiro Amanokawa & Gammamon (GOATed twice, Gammamon is best boy), Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai & Jellymon, Ruki Maniko & Renamon (GOATed)
Dragon Ball: Vegeta (GOATed twice), Future Trunks (GOATed)
High School DxD: Issei Hyoudou, Rias Gremory (These two are GOATed twice and Rias is best waifu no contest), Akeno Himejima, Koneko Toujou (Best girl), Azazel (All three are GOATed)
Kamen Rider: Aruto Hiden / Kamen Rider Zero-One (GOATed), Sougo Tokiwa / Kamen Rider Zi-O (Don't @ me, Zi-O wasn't nearly as bad as some of the other seasons were... *COUGHGHOSTANDSABERCOUGH*), Woz / Kamen Rider Woz (GOATed, his rejoicing is part of what made Zi-O so fun to watch), Kuroto Dan / Kamen Rider Genm (GOATed and very easily not only my favorite villain in the entire Kamen Rider franchise but one of my favorite villains period)
Kantai Collection: Shigure (Say what you want about Season 2 being so different from Season 1, but she's still best girl in my book), Kongou, Yamato, Kaga (All four are GOATed), Massachusetts (She's only in the game right now but I live not too far from the real Big Mamie so I will admit to bias here)
Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club: Kasumi Nakasu, Rina Tennoji (Both tied for best girl because Kasumi meets the criteria but at the same time Rina's whole techie shtick is so relatable to me)
Love Live! Sunshine!!: Yoshiko Tsushima (Best girl and GOATed... and yes, I know it's Yohane, LOL), Dia Kurosawa, Kanan Matsuura, Mari Ohara
Lyrical Nanoha: Fate Testarossa Harlaown (Still need to finish the rest of the series, only watched season 1 but Fate is already best girl and GOATed)
Power Rangers: Tommy Oliver (GOATed twice, but you probably saw that coming), Jason Lee Scott, Adam Park, Cam Watanabe, Sky Tate (All four are GOATed)
Senki Zesshou Symphogear: Hibiki Tachibana, Tsubasa Kazanari, Chris Yukine, Maria Cadenzavna Eve, Genjuro Kazanari (My personal top 5 but honestly the entire main cast is GOATed in my opinion, with Hibiki as best girl and either Tsubasa or Maria as best waifu)
Street Fighter: Zangief (GOATed twice, he's my main in most of the games), Ken Masters (GOATed), Alex (My main in Street Fighter 3 because no Zangief), Skullomania (Easily my favorite of the Street Fighter EX characters)
Tenchi Muyo! (Main Series): Ryoko Hakubi (Best waifu, is this even a contest?), Ayeka Masaki Jurai, Washu Hakubi (My personal top 3 but again, the entire main cast is GOATed in my opinion)
THE iDOLM@STER (Original): Chihaya Kisaragi (Best girl by too many country miles to count), Makoto Kikuchi, Azusa Miura, Takane Shijou (All four are GOATed)
THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: Ranko Kanzaki (Best girl and GOATed), Kirari Moroboshi, Anzu Futaba (These two are also GOATed)
THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! (Anime adaptation incoming... I might have to cheat on my limit of 5 rule by the time the anime's done for this one): Mirai Kasuga, Shizuka Mogami, Tsubasa Ibuki (This main trio is GOATed), Kotoha Tanaka (GOATed and best girl by several country miles)
THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors (I know there's no anime adaptation yet but I'm still going there): Kaho Komiya (Best girl and automatically GOATed for being a big time tokusatsu fan, I can relate to that), Sakuya Shirase (Best waifu by several country miles and GOATed)
ToHeart (ToHeart 2 gets its own category): HMX-12 Multi (Best girl and automatically GOATed for being so adorable and also such an influential character on Japanese media as a whole), Aoi Matsubara, Ayaka Kurusugawa
ToHeart 2: Tamaki Kousaka (GOATed twice and best waifu by an entire country, forget just country miles), Konomi Yuzuhara, Manaka Komaki (These two are tied for best girl), Haruka Yuzuhara (Best mom... I won't get to say that too often in this list), HMX-17c Silfa (Again, top 5 but the entire cast is GOATed in my book, now if only Takaaki would have picked one of the girls in the anime...)
Transformers: Optimus Prime (GOATed, I'd say in terms of designs his Energon iteration is probably my favorite), Optimus Primal (GOATed), Star Saber (Specifically how he was portrayed in Transformers Victory, in which case he is GOATed), Leo Prime (Specifically how he was portrayed in Beast Wars II), Gekisoumaru (Hey, I like to root for the lesser known guys sometimes, Swordbot Shinobi Team FTW)
Utawarerumono: Touka, Haku, Kuon, Rulutieh, Cocopo (All five are GOATed and Cocopo might be my favorite "adorable critter who can kick your butt" in anything)

Wall of text hits you for 9,999 damage (5,241 overkill). You died.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

My first one was Princess Ayeka from the Tenchi Universe series (yeah, I got a lot of flack for her obnoxious sounding voice.  But then again, I've always liked the underdog characters.

Then Skuld from Ah! My Goddess was my favorite.  At the time, I considered myself to be a geek, just like her.  I adored herself I got a tattoo of her -- and still all these years later treasure it!

Now my favorite character and has been for the last ten years or so is Fate Testarossa from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (TOS and A's).  She and I have shared so many experiences from our childhoods it's really a long story.  Everything from being abandoned, to the abuse.  I quickly identified with her, and I do have undying, stubborn determination, just like she does. :)  I also really like her as a character from a writer's perspective because there is SO much that I can do with her.  There's lots of gaps in her story, so much potential to explore.  I could probably go on and on about Fate. *sweatdrop*

And, yeah, all three of these characters could be considered underdog characters.