gxp novel aquisition

Started by Eff Efferson, February 08, 2023, 02:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 08, 2023, 02:29:14 PM Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 02:39:16 PM by Eff Efferson
https://twitter.com/pannda2001/status/1619106212091670528

this ova will have a novel too  so we need to work on figuring out how to acquire it or it will be lost to westerners forever.

this is just a thread for this its probably going to require preordering the entire ova
it should cost like 600-700 to aquire and i can foot the bill if i have to but preferably id like to raise funds to help since im going to be the one paying to scan and translate it

<メーカー共通全巻予約特典>
『天地無用!GXP パラダイス始動編』 原案プロット小説 (100P 以上)
※OVA第6巻と同時にお届けとなります
天地無用! GXP
パラダイス始動編
梶島正樹
NOW
GIC AIC 文庫
イラスト 梶島正樹
※商品仕様、デザインは予告なく変更となる場合がございます。

<Bonus for pre-ordering all volumes common to manufacturers>
"Tenchi Muyo! GXP Paradise Start" Original Plot Novel (100 pages or more)
*It will be delivered at the same time as OVA Volume 6.
Tenchi Muyo! GXP
Paradise start
Masaki Kajishima
NOW
GIC AIC Bunko
Illustrated by Masaki Kajishima
*Product specifications and designs are subject to change without notice.
yup ugh gotta order the whole set
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

ok i sorted it out and if you order all 6 from amazon you get the washu poster and the audio drama (the other sites offer tdifferent posters but none else offer the drama cd) it ships to  the usa directly through amazon... 3 episodes are 45$ and 3 are 58... so all in all without shipping its gonna be 339 which is way less then i expected... the shoppings provavly gonna add an extra hundred... still owchie.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

February 08, 2023, 06:14:43 PM #2 Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 06:30:38 PM by Eff Efferson
spoke too soon x.x you have to select the special option to get the preorder bonus and they give you a code that you enter on the site apearently and it can only be gotten by those in japan even if they can ship the dvds to america.... fuck... and the option puts em all to 59$ i dunno what to do x.x
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Hey Eff,
I can handle picking them up in Japan. I'll get my oldest to get us on the special order thingy.
I'll scan the book when it shows up.
You know how I scan books though. I'm gonna tear it apart.
I would like to sell the BluRays though. There are four of us in an 82 sq meter mansion. I really don't have room for them.

Let me know what you think!
Bob
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!

Quote from: BobSchlotkin on February 09, 2023, 06:27:05 AM
Hey Eff,
I can handle picking them up in Japan. I'll get my oldest to get us on the special order thingy.
I'll scan the book when it shows up.
You know how I scan books though. I'm gonna tear it apart.
I would like to sell the BluRays though. There are four of us in an 82 sq meter mansion. I really don't have room for them.

Let me know what you think!
Bob

that would be amazing. i dont know why i didn't think of that. just put em back up on yahoo auctions  or ebay sell em full price or more. but i dont think tearing up the limited print run novel is the best idea. we have a professional service we sent it to for ova 4 and i think they can do it well enough for me to ocr on my end and keep it intact. i need really really good scans for directly translating novels like i tried doing it on my own for the photon novels and the quality was too bad for the ocr to pic it up :( what a wasted novel.

you could probably sell the washu pic and drama cd after ripping it if you wanted to and actually end up making a profit.

to get them on amazon.co.jp you have to get all six with the option that has the pink border 

i attached photos showing what i mean

i really hope crunchy roll will announce they will simulcast it so we dont have to commision terrible subs like ova 4... worst subs ever i speak enough japanese to know when there straight up mistranslating and it was sooo bad. (and ive been practicing so hopefully its paid off)
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

I'll get my kid to sign me up this weekend.
What can we expect the scanning service to cost?

I was watching the subbed version of 5 from erai-raws.info.
I wrote them of a few mistranslations, but I don't think they ever corrected them.

Pushed the button last night for the 6 BluRays on Amazon.jp.
Now it's just matter of waiting until Oct for the last delivery and the goodies!

Quote from: BobSchlotkin on February 11, 2023, 08:20:22 PM
Pushed the button last night for the 6 BluRays on Amazon.jp.
Now it's just matter of waiting until Oct for the last delivery and the goodies!
your my hero! x.x if it ended up like the stage play dvd id never sleep at night ever again
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Considering the work you did translating GXP 1-16, it's the least I can do to help!

February 15, 2023, 07:46:39 PM #9 Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 08:02:10 PM by WaitoKon
Just checking in here. Kikai may have already happened upon a copy? Edit: I could be thinking about GXP 1-16 stuff actually, will wait on word from Kikai.

Will you be getting any promotional art/materials now that you bought the blu-ray?

Quote from: DishonorableKnight on February 17, 2023, 12:48:53 AM
Will you be getting any promotional art/materials now that you bought the blu-ray?

As far as I know, I'll get the Kajishima print and the OVA 6 book.

Quote from: BobSchlotkin on February 17, 2023, 01:08:30 AM

if you got it off of amazon it comes with the washu print the drama cd and the novel.

if you get it other places it just comes with the novel and
usually a ryoko but a few locations get tsunami and jobia
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Eff Efferson on February 17, 2023, 06:14:46 PM
Quote from: BobSchlotkin on February 17, 2023, 01:08:30 AM

if you got it off of amazon it comes with the washu print the drama cd and the novel.

if you get it other places it just comes with the novel and
usually a ryoko but a few locations get tsunami and jobia

Yup, bought it on Amazon.jp.
I completely forgot about the Drama CD

Evil Bastards! I AM NOT buying 4 sets of the BR at 45000 Yen to get all the prints!

Quote from: WaitoKon on February 15, 2023, 07:46:39 PM
Just checking in here. Kikai may have already happened upon a copy? Edit: I could be thinking about GXP 1-16 stuff actually, will wait on word from Kikai.

you mean of ova5? im on it
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here