What video games are you currently playing?

Started by WarOmnimon, December 28, 2012, 03:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Haven't been playing newly released video games too much as of late, but there's a lot for me to be looking forward to this year! That's starting with the Nintendo Switch port of Digimon World Next Order and then at least WWE 2K22 (I was sold as soon as I saw the word "WarGames"), Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection (Getting both volumes together), the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters (Getting all 6 together and am playing through Final Fantasy IV first because that's the first Final Fantasy I actually completed), Puzzle Bobble Everybubble, and Street Fighter VI (Which looks at least 20 times better than Street Fighter V already). If the new Digimon Story comes out this year or we get Virtua Fighter 6 (Could happen because Virtua Fighter 30th anniversary + Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown did better than Sega thought it would), I'm buying those too.

I'd be excited for Tekken 8 as well, except that it's next gen only and I currently lack a PlayStation 5... and probably won't get one anytime soon because there is just too much coming out. As for maybes, the upcoming Fate spinoff from Koei Tecmo might be something I'll be checking out, and if we get a proper Kantai Collection console game (Hey, this year is the 10th anniversary... it could happen), I'll be sold on day zero. Even if they just port the arcade game (Which based on videos I've watched of it looks pretty darn fun).

In terms of virtual pet progress since my previous post, that's been entirely Vital Bracelet BE based. Progress on the Tamagotchi Smart is on hold as I contemplate my next plan there. I succeeded in my run for Proximamon, and then raised AncientSphinxmon, BlackTailmon Uver. (BlackGatomon Uver. for those who use the dub names), and most recently Plutomon afterward. Marsmon and Diarbbitmon are next to do on that end, and once the Digimon Colors come out in February, I'll be going right for Omegamon Alter-S (Omnimon Alter-S in the dub). Likewise, my sights are set on Amphimon and Cthyllamon (She was just introduced this week and is basically EVIL! MarineAngemon) once the Jellymon BE Memory Card is out. Who'll be after that depends on the BE Memory Card release schedule following Jellymon.

*Prays that Bandai Namco doesn't drop a new iDOLM@STER game this year because a digital import on top of what he's already got coming to buy and needing to buy a PS5 for Tekken 8 is the last thing his wallet can afford to happen right now*
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

I got Pokemon Violet as a Christmas gift, and I just finished playing it a few days ago. It was alright, one of the better ones on the Switch.

That actually looks like a fun set of games to play on the Switch. My only concern is whether you can customize the starting character, and why some of the trainers look like VTubers.

Clothing customization is really limited, to the point where I wonder why they even bothered. There are 4 outfits you can choose from with different color pallets depending on which version you pick. Face customization is actually pretty good though, giving you a lot of eye shapes, eyebrow styles, hair, and hair colors to choose from. The only real clothing customization though is hats and glasses.

Gonna start on the v-pet side of things this time because I got some new additions to my collection recently, and also because my next video games start coming out next week. First and foremost, I didn't manage to get the Digimon Colors because the prices went up as soon as they released, even from the usual sites, and I simply do not have the money to be shelling out for the spiked prices. On the other hand, I've managed to raise Amphimon and Chamblemon on the Jellymon BE Memory Card, and will be making at least one more run before Draconic Blaze and Rampage of the Beast release at the end of April. It'll likely be a repeat run for a character I've already raised on the original Vital Bracelet, and am strongly thinking about going after either Super Ultraman Taro on the 6 Ultra Brothers VBM Card, or Omedamon on the Digimon X Medarot Dim Card. If the latter, I'll raise him through Rokusho this time (Raised him through Metabee the first time on the original Vital Bracelet). I also managed to scoop up the R2-D2 and Kingdom Hearts Tamagotchis, which are fantastic. Especially the R2-D2 Tamagotchi whose beeps actually sound like Artoo. Awesome stuff. :)

Now onto video game stuff. I've preordered WWE 2K23, and that will be my main timesink once that comes out next week. One word reason as to why I preordered right away when combined with WWE 2K22's gameplay improvements being retained? WARGAMES!!! (I said this in my previous post too, but it needed to be reiterated, LOL.) WWE 2K23 for March included, I have at least one video game to look forward to each month until and including June; Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection (Getting both volumes together) in April, Puzzle Bobble Everybubble in May, and Street Fighter 6 in June. I'm also looking forward to Mortal Kombat 12 (Which hasn't gotten its reveal trailer yet but was confirmed during a WB earnings call recently) and Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 4 (Which was announced a couple of days ago). I really hope that Tenkaichi 4 includes characters and transformations otherwise exclusive to Dragon Ball Heroes in addition to the main canon stuff; that would be awesome. Can't exactly look forward to Tekken 8 just yet because that's next gen only and I don't have a PS5 right now.

As for what I've been playing lately? Hyper Street Fighter II, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, and Ultra Street Fighter IV, and I'm likely going to be adding Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown back to the rotation soon. Can't go wrong with the classics (Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 in particular being a 2-in-1). :)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

Double post only because there hasn't been anything in this thread since the last post and I've got a bit to talk about.

My video game time has been mostly spent on Street Fighter 6 since it came out. This game is WAAAAAAY better than Street Fighter 5 in every possible way, and I'm loving all the content and the gameplay. (Also, you'll want to make sure to change your controls from Modern to Classic in the options menu once you start the game, because Modern is the simplified controls.) I'm up to about Chapter 4 in World Tour Mode, and while I haven't done any of the side quests yet I'll probably go back to those after clearing the main story. I can't wait to see who's hiding in World Tour Mode as special opponents; I'm aware of Retsu and Carlos being in there, but that's it. I know how long the main story is in terms of the number of chapters, but I have stayed away from all plot based spoilers, which is a good thing. SF6 aside, I've actually got a decent number of video games coming out; AEW Fight Forever, Double Dragon Gaiden (This sounds like it's going to be like Streets of Rage 4's DLC, so I'm going to be playing it a lot), Armored Core 6, Super Bomberman R 2, and Mortal Kombat 1 are all on my to-buy list.

As far as virtual pets go, that's still been limited to the Vital Bracelet BE as of late. I've made a decent amount of progress on the Loogamon BE Memory Card since it came out. I've completed all of the Adventure Missions and raised Fenriloogamon and Galacticmon already, and have Rasenmon, Rasenmon Fury Mode, RustTyranomon and HiAndromon left to go. I also know how I'm getting to them in a way that will allow me to 100% the BE Memory Card (Fenriloogamon Takemikazuchi notwithstanding because it's not possible to raise him until Pulsemon's BE Memory Card comes out). Still waiting for Holy Wing and Forest Guardian to come out and will be raising Dominimon on the former as soon as I get it.

Been slowly chipping away at Digimon Cyber Sleuth for a year or so now, and I finally finished it. I played it originally on the vita when it was released, so this is my second time playing it. I never really got the complaints about the unskippable dialog, but now that I replayed it and tried to speed through the story, I can see the complaints. Kyoko in particular seems to ramble on about nonsense pretty often, which was charming on the first play but was a pain to mash A through this time.

When Cyber Sleuth first came out, it was just after I had got into Tenchi so I ended up doing a GXP-themed team back then. So for this replay, I recreated it as best I could from memory, as well as adding on to it with some new Digimon added in the Complete Collection.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on November 16, 2023, 01:25:16 PM
Been slowly chipping away at Digimon Cyber Sleuth for a year or so now, and I finally finished it. I played it originally on the vita when it was released, so this is my second time playing it. I never really got the complaints about the unskippable dialog, but now that I replayed it and tried to speed through the story, I can see the complaints. Kyoko in particular seems to ramble on about nonsense pretty often, which was charming on the first play but was a pain to mash A through this time.

When Cyber Sleuth first came out, it was just after I had got into Tenchi so I ended up doing a GXP-themed team back then. So for this replay, I recreated it as best I could from memory, as well as adding on to it with some new Digimon added in the Complete Collection.

Absolutely love the names you gave your Digimon. I see what you did there. :)

So, I am officially both current gen and on the PC gaming train. I now own an ASUS Rog Ally which is pretty much a PC in the form of a handheld console. Already got my Steam account set back up on there and bought Checkmate Showdown. Fun little game if you like fighting games and chess. I've also been playing Super Mario Bros. Wonder on my Switch. Come January, Tekken 8 will be eating most of my gaming time.

On the virtual pet side of things... man, the lineups on the Dorumon and Ryudamon BE Memory Cards are too good! So far I've raised Alphamon Ouryuken, Dorugoramon, Ouryumon, Brigadramon, and Gundramon on those, and am currently en route to ShinMonzaemon. On the Digimon Adventure 02 BE Memory Cards which came out shortly after, I've raised Imperialdramon Paladin Mode and BigUkkomon so far. Still want to raise Valkyrimon, Vikemon, Seraphimon, Holydramon, and Armagemon on those at minimum.

I was gifted Coral Island on steam. It is your standard farming game, which I don't usually play, but I'm having a decent time with it. I've also played a few hours of the Mario RPG remake.

On the video game side of things, Tekken 8. Period. As I figured it would be before it released, it is indeed eating most of my gaming time lately. So much so that I haven't been playing much else.

As far as virtual pet stuff, a bit more to mention there. I'm currently running the Digimon X White (Finally got one to complete my full set of 6!) and Digimon Pendulum Z II Virus Busters. Got Omegamon X on the X White, and Baluchimon and Shoutmon X5 on the Pen Z2, en route to Qinglongmon (Manticoremon + Shoutmon X5 Jogres) and then Huanglongmon. I'll be raising Dukemon on the Pen Z2 and Dukemon X on the X White alongside each other after that. I'm not running the Vital Bracelet BE right now, but I'll be getting back to it (Currently have King Joe via the Sevenger VBM Card) before the Digimon Pendulum Colors and Pulsemon BE Memory Card arrive at the end of the month.

Double post because it seems like things are gonna pick up for me on the video game side of things sooner than I thought! I'll be able to add WWE 2k24, Contra: Operation Galuga, and Star Wars: Battlefront Classics Collection to my "currently playing" list alongside Tekken 8 this month. And I am definitely getting Gundam Breaker 4 when that comes out later this year. (Yes, Gundam Breaker 4 was the biggest announcement of this week's Nintendo Direct for me, and I will die on that hill.)

On the virtual pet side of things, while I wait for my Pulsemon BE Memory Card and Digimon Pendulum Colors to get here, I'm finishing up with the Warrior Ten I haven't raised on the Vital Bracelet yet. Currently en route to AncientVolcanomon right now and will only have AncientWisemon left after that... by which point my new stuff should either be here or very close to it.