C99 Doujin Info

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2021, 09:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
A new animation which will serve as a prequel to Paradise War and a new GXP novel is coming. I got this information from people over seas that got it already. Once we have the doujin we will have more details.

Thank you for the information. That sounds good to me.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

I wish they'd animate Paradise War, but Kajishima-sensei always seems loathe to retread ground unless there's a dire reason to do so.

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on January 01, 2022, 08:19:57 PM
I wish they'd animate Paradise War, but Kajishima-sensei always seems loathe to retread ground unless there's a dire reason to do so.

It very well could go in to Paradise war there is a language issue between the people that I talk to when I get this information I should mention  :jap:

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on January 01, 2022, 08:19:57 PM

Was the prequel anime for PW confirmed at Comiket?

Quote from: WaitoKon on January 06, 2022, 08:14:34 PM
Was the prequel anime for PW confirmed at Comiket?

Yeah, in the doujinshi, I believe. But the news came out of C99.

the doujin is kajishima goes on a rant... that i doubt anyone will care about. only one line is relevent to tenchi.

"I'm currently working on the prequel of the new anime, Paradise War. It's a story about Seina's return from Renza and it's a story that is often used. The main heroine is Tsukiko. I've written a lot of the plot. And the novel is coming next year. I'm sorry for the rush."
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Well, now I'm curious about the rant. 😅

Yes, I am curious as well. A translation would be appreciated.

January 10, 2022, 04:50:26 PM #10 Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 04:56:04 PM by Nonsuch Ned
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on January 10, 2022, 03:32:05 PM
Quote from: Eff Efferson on January 08, 2022, 09:57:25 PM
The main heroine is Tsukiko.
Does anybody actually care about Tsukiko?

Well, hard to care about an underdeveloped character. I wonder if he'll partner her with Mizune and Fuka Masaki (I just realized they're missing from OVA5 too). Mizune is fun and Fuka is possibly a badass.
...in my pants

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on January 09, 2022, 04:20:45 AM
Well, now I'm curious about the rant. 😅

this entire thing is just my initial assumption on the text not a through translation

From what i get page one is something like:
A:
I hope you're doing well
I'm not sure what to make of this situation.... shit.

B:
Well as much as I would like to do that, i have a lot to talk about.
It's me Jovia! I got spoiled! Not in the novels, but in the anime!

C:
Finally, Comiket is back on, albeit on a limited basis. Well, congratulations, congratulations! I never imagined that there would be a two-year gap. It seems that the mythic Comiket was no match for the global pandemic. I've been thinking about what kind of book I should publish, but since the event is still limited to a small number of people, I thought I'd write down some of the things that have come to my mind in the past two years. Well, you can use Social Media or Twitter, but for me they are not so easy to use, or too complicated. ...... I've always felt that foreign software isn't intuitive to use, and every time the version changes, the way of using it changes completely and I get into trouble, so I tend to avoid it unless I really need it. More then that, I don't have much to talk about, and I'm not that diligent. The first topic I would like to talk about is the "Coronavirus", the cause of the cancellation of Comiket.
Coronaviruses have been rampant all over the world, but I think it's safe to say that in terms of numbers, coronaviruses have been pretty well contained in Japan. There are many different opinions, but considering the fact that it is a previously unknown virus, I think it is better, if not the best. My personal opinion is that there should have been a press agreement to regulate the irresponsible and false reporting of the media. .......

page 2:

In any case, I am uncomfortable with the hype in the media. It is really unpleasant to see how they extract a part of a person's statement and make a big deal out of it as if it were a big deal. In the past, there was a comedy show where no matter how cheerful the topic, the comedian would take it in a negative direction and make it depressing, but distorting the intention of the other person is not reporting. When the entire conversation is posted on the Internet and can be accessed by anyone, there is no trust in the media. In addition, many people now have cell phones, and photos and videos are taken and posted on the Internet, leaving evidence behind. ....... In addition, many people now have cell phones, and photos are taken and posted on the Internet. If they hadn't stirred things up unnecessarily, we could have resumed economic activities earlier, even Comiket. ....... As I write this, the media is stirring up all sorts of controversy about new mutations, but don't do anything you shouldn't, you green raccoon.
I don't have TV, so I only watched the results of the Olympics on the Internet, but it was quite a success. In any case, in the midst of the stagnation of Corona, it was a relief to have a visible international event that gave us a sense that normal life had returned. I think that alone was the significance of the event. In recent years, sporting events have become strangely concerned with the issue of transgenderism, but no matter what your opinion on the issue is, it is a physical sport, so it is too much to ask. ...... In extreme cases, it would be like trying to remove the barriers between men and women and have all events be mixed gender.

3:
I'm a cunning woman, and you know it, even though I'm being taken advantage of by my two-timing, bearded father.
Just because he's my best friend, doesn't mean I'm not being exploited.

In relation to the Olympic story, I think that the display and use of public facilities, such as changing rooms and toilets, is not considerate to the normal people. The color of the sign is just a rule for identification. Just as you don't like red traffic lights, changing a well-established rule will only cause confusion unless there is an issue that more people can agree on based on something other than personal feelings. And when it comes to use, for example, small children, girls going through puberty, people with mental disabilities against men, and the fear of having a male person physically enter a place where no man would normally enter: ...... If this is a psychological issue, then we need to take these people into consideration. The minority is irrelevant to discrimination. LGBT issues are also present in the world of creative writing: .......... I wish they would stop trying to do so many things with Superman. ...... I'd like to see more than one Superman, or at least a darker lineaged hero (i think he means a black superhero) I understand the concern for those people, but it's too extreme.
page 4:
As has been the case for a long time, restrictions on expression and word-hunting (i assume he means political correctness) do not try to solve the root cause of the problem, because they want to cover up the stink and make themselves invisible. From the point of view of the person being regulated, the stinky thing is something that smells good (laughs), so the lid is opened little by little. So, we open the lid little by little, and when the smell comes back, it's the same thing all over again. It's a headache, but there are many people who feel that the smell is also on the creator's side. It is important to have freedom of expression, but at the same time, freedom comes with responsibility. Freedom is not unlimited, and there must be zoning for the age of the viewer. If someone gets carried away and deviates from the rules, it can be a problem for other artists. It would be nice if there were clear rules, but whether it is intentional or troublesome, people just complain about it and leave it alone, pretending that they are regulating it. I don't want to say which part, but it's fine if it becomes a boomerang and only stings the person who threw it, but it usually stings a lot of people who have nothing to do with it. ...... Thank you.

Jovia: As you can guess, I'm her daughter, My mother is also spicy.

page 5:
Hello.
I'm Miki.
Now it's my turn.  It's my turn.
It's not just that pervert's.

When I was a child, there was the idea that manga and anime were only for children, that they should abandon it after they graduate from college or university, but in other words, until then, people were quite open-minded as long as it did not interfere with their studies. Of course, there were erotic youth magazines and magazines for adults like Garo, but the audience was divided into different groups, and there was no sense of mixing between the communities as there is now. Instead, fairy tales and novels were the mainstream entertainment, and manga was a rather minor genre, so we didn't hear much about it. In the case of manga, the major trigger for regulation was the appearance of Go Nagai. And in anime, it was Space Battleship Yamato. I often see Youtube programs that rank anime as having changed history, but I believe that the only two works that truly changed history, or more accurately, were Astro Boy and Space Battleship Yamato, which were the first TV series to be broadcasted, and which broadened the age range and triggered social awareness. These works are not evaluated in terms of their content, but in the sense that they pushed the boundaries of what can be presented. Of course, this is only possible with the support of many other works.

page 6:

As anime and manga become more popular, and as the number of publications and airings increases, they come into the eyes of more and more people. Sometimes, people who thought they were for children are surprised by their surprisingly mature content. The first thing to keep in mind is that there is a difference in sensitivity between ordinary people who do not know about it and those who enjoy it as a hobby, due to differences in knowledge and experience. For those who have seen the process of change, it may be a gradual change, but if they are suddenly shown the ongoing process of change, the difference would be obvious, and they may be shocked and out of their range of understanding.

It is only natural that there would be a gap in the way of thinking and feeling with the general public. Then there is the added factor of business and competition with other magazines and writers. Naturally, people who are used to seeing a variety of works will be surprised at the difference between what they see and what they think is for children.

This is especially true for pictures that are easy to catch the eye. There are people who often defend their work by saying, "If only people read it and understand the content," but if you ask, "Is it really necessary to show the intent of the content in such a graphic manner?" But if you say
That is also a good argument. In the end, there is no point if people don't see it, which is the logic of business. ...... And for that, it is more advantageous to have a general audience than an adult audience. In the end, it becomes "inappropriate for the occasion".
If we forget about "freedom of expression" and "responsibility," we will not be able to accept it. I think we have to be aware of the fact that if we try to push through with freedom of expression alone, it can lead to violence. I think we have to be aware that if we try to push through freedom of expression alone, it can be violent. There are a lot of people out there, right?

************eff:**(no clue what this is supposed to mean)*************

We have Washu-chan!

No, it's still okay!

I should have pulled it a little more.

Fuku-chan in a child ...

page 7
The first time a friend of mine took me to the museum, the catalog was black-and-white, saddle-stitched, with handwritten text. There was only one two-story building in Harumi. The big change was the increase in the number of female captain's wing clubs. At any rate, I remember that about 80% of circles were of the "Captain Tsubasa" type, and there were only a few circles for the size of the event. It seemed like a completely independent event from the content of the works. In the past, it was said that women were not good for business, especially in the field of anime and related goods, but now that reputation has been reversed, and I felt the power of this event was tremendous. It was Sailor Moon that broke down the barriers between men and women in the Comiket. Around that time, doujins were becoming more and more recognized, and the simplicity of making books with PC editing and data submission was probably a factor that spurred the expansion of the industry. The one thing that is common to manga, anime, doujin, and everything else is the effort to protect the "place". Of course, there is also the freedom of expression. The reason why Comiket has been able to survive until now is not because of the assertion of rights, but because of the fulfillment of obligations and responsibilities. We have heard many times about the cancellation of Comiket due to the actions of some wild participants. In the past, when I saw a report on daytime TV about self-published products being sold, I remember being convinced that it was true when I saw the mosaic on the coterie magazine. I remember thinking, "Well, that's true," when I saw the mozaiku in the doujinshi. Even if you think it's the right answer based on your own self-rules, you have to be aware that you are deviating from the common sense of the world. ...... Anyway, I think Comiket has been making efforts to increase the number of people who understand and are on its side. And it must be continued. To be honest, as long as you behave in a decent manner, people will pretend to ignore you even if you have a slightly unusual (just slightly) hobby. Unlike when I was a child, there are hardly any people who have never seen manga or anime, and it has become a part of Japanese culture. If we don't behave in a manner that does not embarrass them, we may lose the "freedom of expression". The last topic is about the attitude of work. I am sorry to say that this is a standard topic, but from my experience, I have come to the conclusion that "learning by watching" and "perseverance" are important and can be said to be the essence of work (lol).

page 8

The first thing I often hear is, "I'm not being taught. They expect too much from the act and information of being taught. Human language is ambiguous, and it is easy to have a common understanding of simple things or things that can be expressed in numbers. However, high technology is very complex and it is very difficult to have a common understanding of it. If you don't have a common understanding, you can't understand the meaning of words. To be honest, it is impossible for a professional to draw a landscape of a mountain or a town almost exactly to real life with words alone. If you live in the same town and "see" the scenery, it would be easier to communicate. Each person has a different environment where they were born, where they grew up, what they have seen, their education and training, and even what is considered to be common sense. The sensibility that each person has cultivated is quite different. It's not easy for such people to exchange the same image with each other. Many people say that if you can convey 20-30% of the image, you are good. That's how difficult it is to accurately convey and teach professional techniques to others. That's why I tell people to look at it. "Look" in "learn by watching" means to observe, to cultivate the power of observation. If you look up Zhuangzi's "Seeing is believing," you will see that both of these are trues and both of these phrases express the difficulty of communicating in words and letters.
As the saying goes, this is the truth. In the end, you can get far more information from what you see than from what you hear. It is important to "notice", "analyze and understand", and "acquire" the essence of what you see. Of course, I am not denying the importance of being taught or listening. In the same way that you cannot understand a three-dimensional object by just looking at it from one angle, it is especially important to gather various information with your own eyes in order to improve your own understanding. If you want to reach a high level of professionalism, you may not always have someone around to help you, and there may not be anyone who knows the information you need in the first place. when that happens, you need to create your own methodology to research, imagine, and create. Naturally, this methodology differs from person to person, and some things can only be obtained through experience and accumulation. There is no value in taking the easy way out. In the end, you are just wasting time by taking the long way around to make things easier. Please start gathering materials now. However, don't put too much faith in the Internet. The Internet is just a great table of contents.

page 9:

It is rare to find information on the subject, so the only way to find it is to consult books or actual objects. Nowadays, we can take photos and videos with our smartphones, so we can use those as materials. In any case, it is meaningless to just collect them. If you don't have the knowledge, you won't be able to incorporate them into your work. In addition, I don't like the idea of simply asking for tips. The main problem is that it is not easy to find out what the tips are, because they differ from person to person. The biggest problem is that many people think that they only need to pay attention to the tips, and neglect the other parts. The tips are important for people who can do the other parts well, and they can lead to getting stuck in unnecessary mazes. It may seem like a roundabout way to get better, but it is a much better way to get better than worrying about it. So don't think about anything else, just give up and start moving forward. This is tricky because not many people are able to do this on their own initiative. In my experience, out of ten people, there is one person who gets better and better without being taught by anyone, and if they are lucky, there are two. On the other hand, there are two people who have no real talent and can't get better no matter how much I teach them, and three people who are unlucky. In the middle, there is only one person who is influenced by those who can, and the rest are pulled downward. This ratio is the same regardless of the time period. Unfortunately, people are lazy creatures. If this were not the case, Yutori education would have been a success, and there would be no stories about summer vacation homework that people rush to do just before the deadline. Therefore, it is an unavoidable measure for teachers to put moderate pressure on them. If you become a freelancer, you will be free from such constraints, but you will need a high level of self-control, and there are many people who fail. Anyone who says teleworking is good is either a person who works best when left alone, an idiot, or a lazy person! If you're in a business where you can do a certain amount of work individually, such as a comic book artist, it's fine, but if you have to work with multiple people, it will only make you less efficient! It doesn't matter how long it takes you to commute to work, you'll lose so much efficiency! In the summer vacations and during the month of July, there is still a sense of tension, but in August, the laziness starts to set in.

10:

.............. I'm sorry, I'm going to continue. In fact, this is the most important and the most time-consuming, or rather, the one that we spend our whole lives refining. There is no end, there is no upper limit, there is no goal. So! It's all about perseverance. Don't you agree? I understand how you feel. If you don't like perseverance, think of it as perseverance. Either way, it is a mental theory. ...... Nowadays, mental control is a natural skill for professional athletes. Some coaches say, "If you give up, that's the end of the game," which is nothing more than mentalism. The theory of technique alone does not make you better. What is more important is to acquire the technique firmly, as if it were engraved in your mind. A high level of technical skill is an important factor in embodying a high level of emotional expression. Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule, but you can ignore them as if you were hoping to win the lottery. A craftsman once told me that it was after 20 years that he felt he had really mastered his craft, and I had a similar experience. I had a similar experience. Even so, if you don't move your hands, the lines will deteriorate, but it is difficult to forget the technique. ...... In other words, there is a sense of accumulation over time. In other words, it is necessary to accumulate over a long period of time, and that is why I say patience, perseverance, and mentalism. I can't help it, it's reality! It has been my experience that after a night of work, I can no longer draw the lines that I was able to draw the day before when I came home. The next day, I come to work and it takes me about three hours to regain that feeling. If I took a day off on Sunday, it took me three days, and if I took a week off for the New Year vacations, it took me almost three weeks. Thanks to this, I don't remember taking more than one full day off after becoming an animator, except for Sundays, New Year's, and illness. I've completely forgotten when holidays are. I'm afraid of how much damage it would do if we had a two-day work week. The improvement of technology is an accumulation after the sense of it returns. We should be aware that taking a day off has the disadvantage of deteriorating our skills. There are many people who dislike people who argue about perseverance, but I think there are many misunderstandings. There are some people who are not good at explaining, but the point is that we have already taught you the technical theory that you need at this stage, and now you need to practice it repeatedly to acquire it. Well, that kind of repetition is not easy, and it is hard, so we have to give them a lot of pressure. Since the technical theory is like 1% and the rest is repetition, the mental theory to maintain it takes up an important percentage. There are other things I would like to say, but time seems to be running out, so that's all. If this is helpful to you at all, please feel free to contact me at ... It's okay, though. So, here's my update. I'm currently working on the prequel of the new anime, Paradise War. It's a story about Seina's return from renza and it's a familiar plot. The main heroine is Tsukiko. I've written a lot of the plot. And the novel is coming next year. I'm sorry for the rush.
Masaki Kajishima
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Wow.

Quoteas long as you behave in a decent manner, people will pretend to ignore you even if you have a slightly unusual (just slightly) hobby.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Interesting. Thank you for the translation.

Quote from: Eff Efferson on January 11, 2022, 06:12:36 PM
I'm currently working on the prequel of the new anime, Paradise War.

Cool. But the wording is a bit confusing. It could mean he is working on the prequel to Paradise War, or that Paradise War is the thing being worked on, and is a prequel to something else. Any chance you could post the original Japanese for this one sentence? tia