If Tenchi is in the Dragon Ball Universe...

Started by Z-Dragon, July 20, 2023, 02:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello, and no, this is not about the crossover fight like "Tenchi vs. Goku" or something, and I wasn't sure which discussion that I was going to post this topic in, but if I made this topic in the wrong discussion then sorry about this mistake of mine.

So, I'm talking about Tenchi's own Light Hawk Wings so I wanted to ask all of you a "what if" question that I've been wondering about Tenchi's Light Hawk Wings in the DB universe (Z, Super, or whatever series): If Tenchi is in the DB Universe, can he still use his LHW power there, can't he?

That's what I've been wondering about, but if I remember correctly, the Light Hawk Wings are the manifestation of power from a higher plane of existence in Tenchi Muyo universe, right? Which means that higher plane/dimension where the power of Light Hawk Wings is coming from that is similar to the Speed Force from DC Comics? If so, that means Tenchi can't access his LHW power anymore there since the DB Universe doesn't have that plane/dimension of the LHW cosmic energy, like that DC/Marvel crossover comic where Flash couldn't access his speed powers from the Speed Force in the Marvel Universe since the Speed Force doesn't exist there, right?

July 20, 2023, 01:20:41 PM #1 Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 01:24:34 PM by WaitoKon
The problem is Tenchi is a construct of a metaphysical "archon" archetype, similar to a Protoss unit from Starcraft and capable of unheard things like Seina when he activated the old mecha. Still, these guys hardly stand out in a crowd and Kajishima emphasizes their mirrored discreteness such as working abroad or homeschooling and otherwise relying a very close knit family. So, we have not seen many encounters in verse to gauge Tenchi's overall power, speed, intelligence and more.

But he would be picked up rather speedily by DBZ cohorts. And they would confront him.
Goku, Vegeta and other blokes from DBZ would be viewing this Lighthawk hotshot with the same ire as they would in a hypothetical fight between Marvel and DBZ seen here
https://www.cbr.com/dragon-ball-vs-marvel/

Only, is it just Tenchi against everything in DBZ?

tenchi himself is a 16 year old japanise boy from the 90's... goku would wreck him. the problem is OVA tenchi is the avatar of the brahman... and that's a multiversally supreme entity.  so killing tenchi essentially causes the universal egg to recrack... blowing up existence. goku can beat the snot out of tenchi but he never would because it would be an unfair fight and would destroy the multiverse and even if he did tenchi's the brahman so the status quo would just be restored
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Well, the main issue would be disrupting OVA Tenchi-kun's link to his astral state, something a spirit bomb might swallow up.

I don't think a spirit bomb would break the link. You would need something that damages the soul as that is basically what an astral is in tenchi. Beings killed by the spirit bomb are able to be reincarnated as normal so it doesn't look like it damages the soul.

Tenchi would have access to any of his powers regardless of the universe as they are created by him. Now how useful LHW would be is questionable. Nothing inside a 3D universe could pierce one but there have been examples in Dragonball where fighters have shattered sub space barriers so the piercing one is a maybe. But Tenchi also has some localized ability to warp reality as seen in the second OVA series.

Remember Tenchi isn't just a 16 year-old he is at least as strong as a fully body reinforced GP agent and a trained swordsman. Given Washu can't detect his godly powers I would put him as likely feeling as strong as at most a bottom tier Z fighter

Tenchi is one of the most powerful anime characters. Sometime in the future, Tenchi becomes Kami Tenchi.  Like current Tenchi, Kami Tenchi will not get into any fight. Yet he is not a pussy. Whenever one of his friends or a member of his family is threaten, Tenchi will have to fight.  When it comes to a battle between Goku and Tenchi, Tenchi is going to win because he is a swordsman. Oddly Tenchi will not mind sparring with Goku. Tenchi can teach Goku how to fight any swordsman while Goku gives Tenchi a few lessons in hand to hand fighting.  Strangely Goku and Tenchi may develop one of the best friendships in anime.

Now I am wondering how Tenchi Masaki deal with Asta from Black Clover.
:cat: :emot-wrongful: :night:

August 13, 2023, 07:16:47 AM #6 Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 07:39:05 AM by antvasima
Well, here are my main home wiki's respective pages for the power levels of those characters:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Son_Goku_(DBS_Anime)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Masaki
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

August 16, 2023, 08:29:11 PM #7 Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 08:32:41 PM by WaitoKon
Quote from: Kagato3 on July 23, 2023, 08:25:40 PM
I don't think a spirit bomb would break the link. You would need something that damages the soul as that is basically what an astral is in tenchi. Beings killed by the spirit bomb are able to be reincarnated as normal so it doesn't look like it damages the soul.

Tenchi would have access to any of his powers regardless of the universe as they are created by him. Now how useful LHW would be is questionable. Nothing inside a 3D universe could pierce one but there have been examples in Dragonball where fighters have shattered sub space barriers so the piercing one is a maybe. But Tenchi also has some localized ability to warp reality as seen in the second OVA series.

Remember Tenchi isn't just a 16 year-old he is at least as strong as a fully body reinforced GP agent and a trained swordsman. Given Washu can't detect his godly powers I would put him as likely feeling as strong as at most a bottom tier Z fighter

Tenchi in OVA 3 was mentally incapacitated when Z blew away chunks of the Earth Moon system. My theory is if this battle plays out where Tenchi has been honing his powers much like in Okayama, the mechanism for a spirit bomb would sap away his spirit and reserves so to speak.

BTW, Vas, the Son Goku would obliterate part of the multiverse if asked. Tenchi, almost succumbing to Z, would perhaps be incapable of such a show of strength. The link up with his soul, though, seems to allow mental projection of omnipotence. Not through LHW but sheer willpower.

after further consideration i believe even nobuyuki could defeat goku. goku is unvaccinated. never had a single shot in his life and can contract human diseases. there for even a karen at whole foods sneezing on him could kill him. if washu gave him a covid it would be curtains for goku
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here