GXP and paradise war translation updates/discussion

Started by Eff Efferson, May 07, 2018, 11:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I hope to get to re-reading these in the near future. In order this time!

When you only had machine-translations I would read them out-loud when my roommates were around to drive them insane. Hehehe.

It was very disorienting, but so much better than nothing at all. I really value your continued work. Many bundles of thanks!

Thanks a lot for all of your work. You are awesome.

Is there a zip or rar file containing all of the new versions?
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: antvasima on January 22, 2020, 12:03:24 PM
Thanks a lot for all of your work. You are awesome.

Is there a zip or rar file containing all of the new versions?

not just yet. I am going to finish revising 15 and then release 16 and then I'll release a zip
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Okay. Thank you very much for helping out.

15 is done, i went and expanded one of the chapters that I left mostly untranslated, chapters 1-3 of 16 are done, I'm happily working on chapter 4 which is easily one of the best chapters in the series. Cant wait to publish it.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

January 26, 2020, 04:42:32 AM #170 Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 12:53:28 PM by Eff Efferson
The summary of the tenchiverse up to the start of the great prehistoric cililization is done,

I am working on gxp 17 but I have to be honest guys... this machine translates like crap and I'm going to have to do alot of work to only sorta guess whats going on... theres so much i have to cut out just because i cant decifer what exactly is being said even when i disect it word for word.... i feel like kajishimas editors went to sleep this ark...

18 is almost just as huge a mess but i read though and decifered alof of the first couple of chapters last time i went through it... i'll see what i can do...

I want to give up though...

At the end of the day I hope you all don't hate me if I just give you a detailed summary of what i can understand happening in each paragraph like i do for the summaries and call it a day.

I really... really am disliking the renza ark. it has its moments but its super hard to read for me and super annoying in parts.

btw my initial report that clay was a tsundere for washu seems to be wrong rather naja seems to be rather nostalgic about tasing clay and tells herself not to get tsundere with him because even though she misses him he genuinely seems to not want anything to do with the two of them and she doesn't want to go making an enemy out of him again.

the translators all gobedygook up this book and specificly this part of the chapter to imply that its clay being asked if he wants to fix things with washu / still has a thing for washu and that he was upset that washu chose naja.... but once you run it through word by word it seems like this is just machine translation errors. or perhaps my dictionary isn't as versitile as i think it is and it's both but honestly i don't think it is i couldnt find any homophones like i did in the washu novel nor hints of subtext other then the use of a word that means both revenge and start thigns over.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

First half of 16 done and the last chapter
first 3 chapters are a bore but the girls fight with renza is a work of art haha.

I cant wait to do the next few chapters, they get scared try to assasinate kiriko and she beats the shit out of them all.

Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Is book 18 out?

If I had known I would have tried to see about getting the images translated

Quote from: Ricin on January 30, 2020, 10:39:17 AM
Is book 18 out?

If I had known I would have tried to see about getting the images translated
no 18 is still not out. thank fucking god. I need a break after 17 and im taking it. I deserve it lol
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

yeety yeet yeet gxp 16 is done... its all done.... when are yall gonna buy me a throne and pronounce me king already?
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Thanks a lot for helping out.

Looks like there's an updated novel translation package on Nyaa. Going to get it now.

Thanks Ricin!  :bravo:

Don't Forget to thank the guy that did the legwork on translating the damn thing. I just posted it.

You're the Best Eff!

Quote from: Ricin on March 05, 2020, 11:06:06 AM
Don't Forget to thank the guy that did the legwork on translating the damn thing. I just posted it.

You're the Best Eff!

Oh welp, I totally forgot about that.  :blush:
I'll enjoy re-reading the novel while waiting for new OVA to be translated.

Thanks to Efferson for your all hardwork!  :bravo: