OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
on the dual girls it says Clone. on the kids it says children of the residents of banjo island... i bet one of those is taro.

eee jobia has a heart. he lubs her
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyaK4KeWI7M

also the stage play dvd is out and we still neeed to find this years comiket if there was one ooo im so exited
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Thank you. I added the video to the front page of the wiki.

It is great that we finally seem to get some Ryoko moments. She is easily the most popular Tenchi Muyo character.

It is also nice that she seems so happy after all the problems she has been through. :)
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Finally watched episode 2. It was an improvement over the first episode, but still pretty dull. At least this episode we got a few different locations for the exposition dumps. It's neat seeing Tenchi using his god powers and all, but I wish we could have actually seen some of figuring them out. You could have done a whole OVA on Tenchi learning to use his powers.

So, the question that has been popping up in my head with OVA 5 lately is "Where is Katsuhito/Yosho?"

Am I missing something there?

I can think of intriguing reasons. Spending time with Airi? Could they possibly setting up the "death" of Katsuhito? How long has he been the old man at the shrine? Might it make sense for him come back as someone else younger while training Kenshi? (Although, IIRC, Kenshi refers to him as an "old man" when people asked him who trained him.)

But that's just wild speculation, really.
I also find it interesting that there seems to be an odd Katsuhito sized hole in the group shot in the opening credits... and that Seto's legs are not finished, as if someone is supposed to be in that spot.
...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on August 11, 2020, 11:51:40 AM
So, the question that has been popping up in my head with OVA 5 lately is "Where is Katsuhito/Yosho?"

Am I missing something there?

I can think of intriguing reasons. Spending time with Airi? Could they possibly setting up the "death" of Katsuhito? How long has he been the old man at the shrine? Might it make sense for him come back as someone else younger while training Kenshi? (Although, IIRC, Kenshi refers to him as an "old man" when people asked him who trained him.)

But that's just wild speculation, really.
I also find it interesting that there seems to be an odd Katsuhito sized hole in the group shot in the opening credits... and that Seto's legs are not finished, as if someone is supposed to be in that spot.

Katsuhito has been known to fake his death.  Katsuhito can transform into a forty-something man  When he is true self, Katsuhito looks like he is his thirties.  In OVA 3's special episode, Katsuhito tells Tenchi tells the truth about himself.. Katsuhito is seen during Siena's visit to Earth. Ayeka and Ryoko are aware of Katsuhito's true identity.  Due to the location of the Masaki family Shrine's location, all Katsuhito has to do is to fake his death.  Almost everyone in Masaki Village is aware of what Katsuhito does to protect his true indntity. Even while the Masaki Family Shrine is an active religious  site,  it will seems that almost all of the people who visit the Shrine will not notice the sudden change in the Chief Priest of the Masaki. Only the few who know the truth are aware of Katsuhito changing his identity, again.

:how: :huhm: :neg: :pcgamer:

^^^Well, yes. I've never joined the forum before and have only been reading through the translations the last couple years, but I am quite familiar with the past. I'm talking about the present.

Where is he now?
They mention him in passing when talking about making the "Earth Masaki" group between the two combined households, but not where he is or what he's doing. Not in the cast list for episode 3 either.
...in my pants

That's what takahata does.
You get used to it.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on August 12, 2020, 12:21:25 AM
^^^Well, yes. I've never joined the forum before and have only been reading through the translations the last couple years, but I am quite familiar with the past. I'm talking about the present.

Where is he now?
They mention him in passing when talking about making the "Earth Masaki" group between the two combined households, but not where he is or what he's doing. Not in the cast list for episode 3 either.

Katsuhito has appeared  in the fourth episode of OVA 4.  Due to Kenshi;'s mastery with the sword, he has been trained by Katsuhito.  Katsuhito would  be alive by the year 2011.  I encourage you to check out the Tenchi Muyo Wiki site as well as  ask Antivasima.

:omgwtf: :crash: :allbuttons:

Quote from: takahata on August 12, 2020, 03:36:57 PM
Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on August 12, 2020, 12:21:25 AM

Where is he now?

Katsuhito has appeared  in the fourth episode of OVA 4.  Due to Kenshi;'s mastery with the sword, he has been trained by Katsuhito.  Katsuhito would  be alive by the year 2011.  I encourage you to check out the Tenchi Muyo Wiki site as well as  ask Antivasima.

:omgwtf: :crash: :allbuttons:

he's right you know. the last scene of ova 4 is near where we are in ova 5 he's fine and dandy. it could be they announced his survival by then and he's off on official bussiness or you know running around with airi
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

It's been at least a little while since, maybe a year. Ep.2 featured Kiriko talking about being sorry that Amane and Gyokuren weren't able to better advocate for Kenshi in the meeting.

but at least I know I haven't missed anything. I seem to know as much as anyone else about it."official business" is intriguing.As he's still secret it can't be Jurai business but I just got to the Paradise War doujin about Miron Pham being one of those people in Japan that know about everyone's connection to space. I guess he could be off smoothing over all of the increased activity.
...in my pants

Quote from: antvasima on August 13, 2020, 09:14:53 AM
I hope that the following news won't cause problems for us:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-08-12/report-at-t-offers-crunchyroll-to-sony-for-usd1.5-billion/.162867

Not likely. For one, AT&T are valuing it too highly- so not likely to sell. Plus, if they lowered the price and were sold it still might not matter as Crunchyroll seems to run pretty independently. I had the same worries during their previous buy-outs. Basically they've gone from Independent company> bought out by One company > Time Warner bought that company > AT&T bought them.

I guess there could be a slight concern because Sony already owns Funimation and there might be consolidation and probable price increases.

Tenchi-wise, Funimation is the current licensor for the rest of the franchise but seem to have passed on 4&5. If they were to consolidate, they'd have them exclusively again. Not that that's a huge issue either. Crunchyroll still sub-licenses their own releases through Funimation- despite the apparent conflict of interest. I would not be surprised at all if Crunchyroll releases 4&5 as a dual set once 5 is done. At one point they were supposed to move their releases to VIZ but that hasn't happened yet.
...in my pants

Okay. Thank you for the information.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Ep. 3 is already out on nyaa, btw.