Inoue Masahiro has announced that he has now become the new CEO of AIC RIGHTS

Started by deadspacepirate, January 10, 2023, 05:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miura has retired and/or been put out to pasture.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

I was just about to post about this! It is worth noting given that Toei co-owns most of AIC's franchises including Tenchi (As was previously mentioned here), this is actually super meta when you think about it. For those who don't know how, let's run it down...

•Inoue is the actor who portrayed Tsukasa Kadoya / Kamen Rider Decade
•Kamen Rider is a Toei franchise
•Kamen Rider Decade is a crossover season
•Cue Narutaki...

http://ukiyaseed.weebly.com/ukiyaseeds-other-blog/kamen-rider-decade-star-masahiro-inoue-becomes-aic-rights-representative-director

^ Here's the first article I saw talking about it, and the one that made me hightail it over here to see if it had already been mentioned or not. If it hadn't, I would have made the thread myself, but deadspacepirate beat me to it.

*Proceeds to change his personal text and signature a bit*
Quote from: Harls on January 10, 2023, 08:24:22 AM
Miura has retired and/or been put out to pasture.
You could even say he got Dimension Kicked in this situation, LOL. (For those unaware, the Dimension Kick is Kamen Rider Decade's finishing attack.)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

So AIC sells 50% ownership of its IPs to Toei, and then someone associated with Toei becomes CEO of the company that still owns the other 50%? Hmm... anyone want to take bets on how long before AIC gets dissolved and absorbed into Toei?

Quote from: Dreamr on January 27, 2023, 10:58:58 AM
So AIC sells 50% ownership of its IPs to Toei, and then someone associated with Toei becomes CEO of the company that still owns the other 50%? Hmm... anyone want to take bets on how long before AIC gets dissolved and absorbed into Toei?
I don't think that will happen, at least not easily. The thing here is that some of the anime that are under AIC Rights are adaptations of non-AIC properties (Amagami I know off the top of my head is one such property that wasn't created by AIC but whose anime adaptation was done by AIC). There would be too much red tape involved for Toei to simply absorb AIC entirely, I think. Especially with several of the involved franchises potentially being in licensing limbo (The aforementioned Amagami for example hasn't gotten anything new in several years aside from Suiren which is a semi-sequel set in the same universe, but I don't remember if AIC handled that or not).
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: deadspacepirate on January 15, 2023, 07:31:23 AM
I just hope we won't all be screaming Onore Decade! soon. LOL
On the contrary, it'll be entirely his fault (but hopefully in a good way...)