The Masaki Family Shrine - Location

Started by takahata, December 29, 2016, 03:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
After watching one of the online videos of OVA 4,  I have noticed that the location of the Masaki Family Shrine was finally disclosed sort of.  The location was disclosed during the fishing scene. After the fish landed into Ryoko's mouth, the Shrine's location was disclosed. Unfortunately, the Shrine seems to be near a river and closer to Kurashiki City, and Soja City.  JP Railroad's Ibara Line runs along the river. 

From the first two OVA series, the Shrine is located in a rural area northwest of Kurashiki City.   The Shrine is located on top of a hill. There is a another hill very close to the Shrine.  Below the hill where the Shrine is located is a small lake.  The lake was created when the first Ryo-Ohki had crash landed.  Tenchi's home is located next to  the lake.  There are some farm fields located near the lake. It seems that the Shrine, Tenchi's home, and the lake are located in part of a large nature preserve.  The nature preserve  was once part of a large estate once owned by the Masaki Family. There are some farm fields located next to the lake.

GXP discloses the location of the Shrine to be in a valley between two towns.  The names of the two towns were not disclosed.  Seina rides his bicycle on a path which is often used as a shortcut by Seina to Kiriko's and Kei's house.  In OVA 3's first episode, it seem that the Shrine is located near a railroad line.  Tenchi takes a train to Kurahiki City.  It is likely that Siena's father may have taken Tenchi to the train station.

OVA 4 discloses the Shrine to be located near a valley. There is a creek flowing from the lake.

OVA 4 seems to disclosed the location of the Masaki Family Shrine to be either in Kurashiki City, Soja City, or both cities.  I do think that the Shrine is located near Soja City.  The Shrine can still be located in Takahashi City.  From the Google map of Takahashi City,   a large part of Takahashi City is covered by hills and woods.  Takahashi City is likely where Univere's Masaki Family Shrine is located.  Universe's Masaki Family Shrine is located on top of a hill.

I do believe the scene after the fishing scene can be a tease.  In my own opinion, I will  concluded that the Masaki Family Shrine may be located along the borders of Takahashi City and Soja City.  For the moment, Takahshi City, and the town of Yakage are the best candidates for where the Masaki family Shrine is located.

:huhm: :really: :glol: :how: