Shin Tenchi/GXP Ebook Project

Started by EcchiOujisama, March 07, 2017, 12:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 07, 2017, 12:57:10 PM Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 01:00:36 PM by EcchiOujisama
I know Fap Fapperson has translated a few bits and pieces and dropped machine translations for a lot of them. I'm a Kindle guy, and don't like reading books from forum posts or PDFs. However, one thing I can do is edit Kindle books and make them look all nice like on your e-reader or computer. I already have Japanese PDFs, I'm looking for the .azw3 files from Amazon JP so I can easily make a commercial-style English version. Amazon JP told me to go fuck myself when I tried to buy them, so I'm no longer willing to buy them as a matter of principle. I'll take on the project and work on them over time if someone is willing to donate those Kindle files.

I'm mainly interested in Shin Tenchi and GXP, but if you already have Japanese Kindle files for something else like Paradise Wars I may be willing to take a stab at that too.
The official site for my translation efforts:

http://ecchioujisama.wordpress.com

Quote from: EcchiOujisama on March 07, 2017, 12:57:10 PM
I know Fap Fapperson has translated a few bits and pieces and dropped machine translations for a lot of them. I'm a Kindle guy, and don't like reading books from forum posts or PDFs. However, one thing I can do is edit Kindle books and make them look all nice like on your e-reader or computer. I already have Japanese PDFs, I'm looking for the .azw3 files from Amazon JP so I can easily make a commercial-style English version. Amazon JP told me to go fuck myself when I tried to buy them, so I'm no longer willing to buy them as a matter of principle. I'll take on the project and work on them over time if someone is willing to donate those Kindle files.

I'm mainly interested in Shin Tenchi and GXP, but if you already have Japanese Kindle files for something else like Paradise Wars I may be willing to take a stab at that too.

I have it all. check ur private messages.
I recently finished the true tenchis and while my version posted in the library here is hella suspect in parts translation wise, its at least complete and coherent.
you can actually try and directly translate those but it won't be much different, it will however be incredibly frustrating, especially novel 1 which is written like a 3rd grader with adhd made it.

Gxp reaaaaaaaaaly needs more of the work now especially with ova 4 out.
feel free to use my actual translations for reference if you get stuck i did chapters one and two and half of 3 and half of the first of volume 11. again my early translation work is suspect lol i developed my method as i went and got a better grasp on the language. I do what i do mostly so i can read it, the fact that others can read what i have to do to understand it is just a nice bonus.

paradise war... while it would be nice to get someone to work on this, it takes place 10 years after gxp like 5 years before geminar and relies on knowing the gxp novels as it is a side series to it of sorts. alan is in it, seina is in it, tenchi gets a cameo at the end. the last book is really all anyone in the west is going to care about but again it adds onto gxp 14.

if you want to give a story about a generic harem character on an island with waifus no one can pronounce the names of then go ahead, but in my opinion the only book worth reading in the series is volume 3 from what ive seen.

for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Much appreciated. I played around with editing it a little bit. Got through the title page, disclaimers and table of contents without issue. I have no ETA for volume 1 being done but this is definitely looking like something that is doable.
The official site for my translation efforts:

http://ecchioujisama.wordpress.com

This great news! Thanks so much for you and fap for taking the time to do this.  :soqoot: