OVA4 Episode 1 With My Subs (Probably Final) Release

Started by EcchiOujisama, March 08, 2017, 09:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the public library, but if it's better off in the library I'm sure a mod will move it. For anyone who hasn't seen it, there are several corrections and stylistic changes from the Bane release, and there are now pretty styled subs that will match the subs I'm using for OVA3. Follow the link in my signature or take your chances with the torrent I put on Nyaa, which may run slow as I've got 17 people splitting the 300KB/s currently being uploaded on my end.

Whew, that's one thing off the to do list.  :goodman:
The official site for my translation efforts:

http://ecchioujisama.wordpress.com

Quote from: EcchiOujisama on March 08, 2017, 09:07:41 AM
Wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the public library, but if it's better off in the library I'm sure a mod will move it. For anyone who hasn't seen it, there are several corrections and stylistic changes from the Bane release, and there are now pretty styled subs that will match the subs I'm using for OVA3. Follow the link in my signature or take your chances with the torrent I put on Nyaa, which may run slow as I've got 17 people splitting the 300KB/s currently being uploaded on my end.

Whew, that's one thing off the to do list.  :goodman:

Can't thank enough for the hard work ecchi. Honorific's and the adjustments made it a much better watch. I just posted episode 2 on nyaa. I see you're doing a few other things - but if you run into some extra time please consider refining those as well. 

I'm glad you liked it. Like I said on the comments on Nyaa, as long as the community can give me something to work with I'll do all of OVA4, and if you guys buy enough BDs to get OVA5 made I'll keep on keeping on. I really wish someone would retime the Ai Tenchi Muyo subs for the BD release. It's SO much better when you watch everything in the proper story order, IMO anyway. Maybe you can find out how much Fandom Services would charge to retime and rearrange all of that shit and pass the collection plate to get it done. Redoing subtitles isn't nearly as draining as doing VNs or LNs and since I like Ai TM quite a bit I'd be happy to do it. For some reason hearing a seiyuu say something makes it about 50 times easier for me to translate than just reading.

And if you like those OVA4 subs check back here in an hour or so. I've got a little something uploading right now I'll share with my Useless friends early.

And totally unrelated: where did that avatar come from? I've seen it in Fap Hero Perfection, but I'm guessing that's not the original source.

Awesome sounds great!

For Ai - It won't hurt to inquiry Fandom Services if they would just retime for the BD releases.  But IIRC Ai without recaps ~200min, and Fandom Services charges ~5 per minute on a full translation project. So if they will only do a full translation project that would be $1000. And I don't think Ai got enough love to get that in donations. But who knows - maybe it would...

Oh yea? Will do!

She is from an anime short called Me!Me!Me!. Not for the faint of heart  :fuck:

Obviously retiming is a lot less work than doing the whole translation, they don't even need to translate anything. It's just a bunch of copying and pasting once you figure out the offsets to put into mkvtoolnix or some other such tool. I just have no skill at timing things like that down the fractions of seconds needed to do that. I'd ask someone on Tenchiforum since they did the subs, but, you know, you can't sign up there and they somehow came to insane conclusion that OVA4 existing meant it was time to move on from Tenchi fandom before even seeing it. Still can't my head around the non-logic there. This shouldn't take that long for someone with the timing skillset  Really all we're talking about is timing 50 lines along with the copy/paste/offset calculations, so it shouldn't take more than an hour or two at most. I just don't have the skillset.

Yea I completely understand - but was just giving a for instance, though...I was actually planning on "looking" at doing it at some point...but just haven't gotten around to it...

It's actually a lot simpler than that, but it is a pain. You can highlight entire sections of the script in Aegisub and adjust timing timing marks forward/backward by x-amount of seconds/frames to sync up entire sections. It'd just be a matter of pasting the whole script together, in the right order, then working from there. Because I always have difficulty resyncing subs based off the audio track, I usually use visual cues to retime scripts, like signs and episode titles. Give Aegisub a try, it's really well put together.

Quote from: shades of blue on March 09, 2017, 03:19:48 PM
It's actually a lot simpler than that, but it is a pain. You can highlight entire sections of the script in Aegisub and adjust timing timing marks forward/backward by x-amount of seconds/frames to sync up entire sections. It'd just be a matter of pasting the whole script together, in the right order, then working from there. Because I always have difficulty resyncing subs based off the audio track, I usually use visual cues to retime scripts, like signs and episode titles. Give Aegisub a try, it's really well put together.

Yup that's pretty much exactly how I do it. Typically I just find a title and go to where the last frame should be and the adjust all lines by 'x' frames. Usually that's all that is needed. But sometimes the title just wasn't done correctly the first time so a little more to do is needed but isn't too bad.

The combining of scripts could be a pain...but literally as I was typing the above, thought of an idea...maybe I'll give it a go later tonight or tomorrow...and give an update later.