You are Here:
OVA 5 Info Thread

Author (Read 108006 times)

Re: OVA 5 Info Thread
« Reply #690 on: August 05, 2021, 07:07:44 AM »

fyr

• Members
  • Blinking Cuty
This also leads us to what about Funaho-ki?

Has it ever been clearly stated that the tree is rooted in earthian soil and not still in the core unit-put-underground? In case of the former, what is the chance of yosho simply saying tha to get Jurai off his back, so to speak?
understanding is a three-edged sword
metaphorically . metaphysically . literally

« Reply #691 on: August 12, 2021, 12:03:20 AM »

Ryo-Okay

• Members+
  • Members
  • LOVE is ALL
Finally watched the final episode tonight and really enjoyed it. I would have liked to have seen a proper wedding for Tenchi and the girls, but this episode was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be.

One thing that I think has been a problem for this show forever now is that it is hard to properly see the passage of time since nobody really ages. None of the adults age since they are pretty much immortal gods, so that's fine. The problem is that the children don't age properly. How much time passed between OVA 1 and OVA 3 and Sasami looked exactly the same? Throughout this OVA Kenshi had 2 builds, 6-years-old and 15-years-old. Episode 6 starts with Kenshi looking like he does in War on Geminar, then there is a time skip of a few years and Kenshi looks exactly the same. Not a huge deal, but it makes it even harder to make sense of when things are supposed to be happening.

Overall though this OVA was really great. Here's hoping there is an OVA 6 on the horizon.

« Reply #692 on: August 12, 2021, 06:29:58 PM »

Nonsuch Ned

• Members

One thing that I think has been a problem for this show forever now is that it is hard to properly see the passage of time since nobody really ages. None of the adults age since they are pretty much immortal gods, so that's fine. The problem is that the children don't age properly. How much time passed between OVA 1 and OVA 3 and Sasami looked exactly the same?
Actually, only about two years between the beginning of OVA 1 (August 1992) and the wedding of Nobuyuki and Rea (September 1994)- so, not SO bad.

Throughout this OVA Kenshi had 2 builds, 6-years-old and 15-years-old. Episode 6 starts with Kenshi looking like he does in War on Geminar, then there is a time skip of a few years and Kenshi looks exactly the same. Not a huge deal, but it makes it even harder to make sense of when things are supposed to be happening.

Overall though this OVA was really great. Here's hoping there is an OVA 6 on the horizon.

But yeah... the last episode went from Ryoko's pregnancy to "Tenko" being a walking toddler.

I blame animation shortcuts. The most obvious reused stuff was between Kenshi's two shown Banjo Island fight courses with the PW girls, but I'm sure they were doing a lot of it elsewhere.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 03:37:25 PM by Nonsuch Ned »
...in my pants

« Reply #693 on: August 14, 2021, 09:16:11 AM »

Ricin

• Members
I know this is quite early, but does anyone have any info on anything important added to the OVA5 novel translation included in the vol. 6 special edition?

Someone who doesn't add much made an update to the Tsunami wiki page that describes details supposedly in OVA5 (a discussion about using the Tsunami ship as a possible training ground) but it's nowhere in the anime.

(other idea- was it maybe a discussion in one of the audio dramas? I remember catching one on YT, it was just a informal chat with Tokimi and others... but I don't remember the details, and can't find them now-- probably takedown victims)

12,000 yen:
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1169606164&ref=list&keyword=Tenchi%20Muyo!%20Ryo-Ohki&lang=en

Interesting take on the original promo image for the cover:

I have the novel, I haven't had the cash to get it scanned for Eff to do translation work. I am working on it. Hopefully by the end of the September.

« Reply #694 on: August 16, 2021, 02:10:31 PM »

antvasima

• Members+
  • Members
  • Wiki Bureaucrat
Thanks a lot for helping out Ricin.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

« Reply #695 on: October 10, 2021, 01:45:33 PM »

kamikaze00007

• Members
So the OVAs for Dai-5 Ki have already ended but we're still nowhere near being able to see a glimpse of GXP's last volume. I wonder if it'll ever come out.

« Reply #696 on: October 16, 2021, 12:27:06 AM »

Ricin

• Members
Last Volume that was out was volume 17.

I think he paused work on the Novels for OVA 5. I would not be suprised if he goes back to work in 2022.

« Reply #697 on: November 06, 2021, 01:52:45 PM »

WaitoKon

• Members
This also leads us to what about Funaho-ki?

Has it ever been clearly stated that the tree is rooted in earthian soil and not still in the core unit-put-underground? In case of the former, what is the chance of yosho simply saying tha to get Jurai off his back, so to speak?

Repeating the same method Washu showed Ayeka might help, but then to go to the trouble wouldn't Washu go back on her word about building multiple Ryo-Ohkis?