What video games are you currently playing?

Started by WarOmnimon, December 28, 2012, 03:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 24, 2021, 12:07:45 PM #165 Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 12:11:02 PM by WarOmnimon
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on April 18, 2021, 06:09:25 PM
Can we just get a full Medabots x Digimon crossover game already? It's cool that they're doing something for the VB and Omedamon was in the gacha game, but I don't really care about either of those.
^ This. I don't care about ReArise either, and while I'm enjoying the VB personally, a crossover game needs to happen. Perhaps next year given that 2022 is the 25th anniversary for both? The fact that the crossover is now canon just screams of potential for a full game. On which note, I plan on importing Medabots Classics Plus from the Japanese eShop on the same day I put my preorder in for the Medabots Dim Card; haven't decided if I'm going Metabee or Rokusho yet, though.

...come to think of it, Habu did say in an interview that the next Digimon Story will involve a third Digital World (Aside from the Digital World and Digital World Iliad), and Omedamon is noted as coming from "the Digital World of another dimension". Could it be...!
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on April 18, 2021, 06:09:25 PM
It's the complete opposite for me. The only game on my radar is the DC Superhero Girls licensed game, and not because I think it looks good but because it is the only game that even managed to catch my attention. It looks like one of the shitty licensed games I played as a kid and that's the only reason I'm even slightly interested in it.
Sorry to hear that. But yeah, most of the games that I was looking forward to last year (Guilty Gear Strive, Digimon Survive, and iM@S Starlit Season) got delayed into this year (Shakes fist at COVID-19 in Strive and Starlit Season's cases; Bandai Namco noted that with Survive, the delay was because they had to change game engines and had nothing to do with COVID), we only got one new fighting game last year and it was a very niche one that didn't strike my interest (Granblue Fantasy VS), and most of what we did get last year was remasters, remakes (Final Fantasy VII Remake and Resident Evil 3), DLC for games that were already out (Shakes fist at COVID-19 again), or a long overdue port of a pretty darn good arcade game (Mobile Suit Gundam VS MaxiBoost ON; which reminds me, I still need to pick that up).

I mean, our personal opinions aside, considering this year better for video games overall compared to last year is something that should be a "by default" thing in hindsight when you think about it. The only big AAA releases I can think of that came out last year were Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Doom Eternal, FF7 Remake, Cyberpunk 2077, and The Avengers... and Cyberpunk and Avengers fell flat on their faces pretty hard, leaving FF7 Remake to carry most of the year. Everything else was either a standard remake (FF7 Remake is like a brand new game given how different it is in terms of gameplay and so forth, so I consider it to be a completely different beast from a typical remake), a remaster, a localization for something that had been out in Japan for a while, or got delayed into 2021, resulting in a pretty barren year overall. Getting to the release of the Digimon Pendulum Zs in November (Probably the most exciting thing for me last year) was a massive slog for me as a result, and the many, many delays to the anime and tokusatsu that I was watching because of COVID certainly didn't help matters at all. I can't remember any other such year in recent memory where I was that bored for as long as I was.

TLDR 2020 for video games was mostly "ports, remasters, remakes, localizations, and dropped balls, and nothing much new". 2021 is "back to business as usual" from the looks of things.

On another note, going back on topic. Got Flamedramon on the Vital Bracelet right now, and he should be Digivolving into Sagittarimon tonight or tomorrow morning with the eventual goal being Magnamon. Shroudmon and UlforceVeedramon will follow, in that order. As for actual video games, I'm fiddling around with a randomizer for the original Legend of Zelda and should be starting my first randomized run of it soon.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Well, Im not playing very often due to "lack of time", oh the irony ... but now Im playing some Warthunder, WoW and eventually some FPS throwback like Amid Evil and Dusk. Planning to play the origial Mass Effect Trilogy again for the 100th time ...Cant help it, but I really love this franchise.

Pretty much everything I've been playing lately is about to get put on the side in favor of Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown come Tuesday. I've been waiting forever for a new Virtua Fighter to come out, and I'm about ready to start throwing people out of rings again. (In case you couldn't tell, Wolf Hawkfield main here; have been since VF1.) About the only thing that can change my mind about that is if, come the inevitable Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass 2 double whammy reveal at E3 (We're definitely gonna get a double whammy given that the last time E3 actually happened, they also revealed two characters for Smash Ultimate), the character releasing in June is big enough to make me stop playing VF5:US for a bit.

On the virtual pet side of things, I succeeded in my runs for Magnamon and Shroudmon on the Vital Bracelet Digital Monster. Shroudmon is currently accompanied by a Shootmon, who is en route to Shivamon. Aside from that, I'm about to go into the "There's only one wrestler here!" mindset, LOL.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

Picked up New Pokemon Snap a few days ago and have been having fun with it.

Currently got pack into Payday 2, and play a lot of tactical shooters nowadays, I hop from different ones all the time.
Usually though I'm playing things like Hunt: Showdown with friends and or older titles to unwind.
Toonami faithful since the Moltar age

I picked up 4 of the 5 Shantae games in the last year for Switch. I've been playing Risky's Revenge and Seven Siren's a lot. The original Shantae is just kicking my butt. I'm going to have to spend some more time getting used to the controls for that one!
I still play the original Wizardry game on my PC from time to time.
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!

I've been playing Danganronpa 1 and 2 in preparation for when Decadance comes out at the end of the year. Pulling my Vita out of storage to play them reminded me how much I liked that handheld.

Okay, let's get this discussion back on course. It seems like a pretty stacked year for vidyagames! My timesinks are currently...

•Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown (PS4). So glad that Virtua Fighter is back to prominence! Sega has even noted that the success of this game was overwhelming enough to all but officially confirm that we're going to be getting Virtua Fighter 6 eventually.
•THE iDOLM@STER Starlit Season (PS4). *Points at his current profile photo* I actually bit the bullet and imported the Japanese digital copy because even if Bandai Namco wanted to bring it over - and it wouldn't surprise me if they actually do want to make iM@S prominent in the west beyond just the anime adaptations given that they've had to have noticed that the market for these games exists (Even the Love Live! PS4 game came out over here, for crying out loud) and have been bringing everything over in recent years (They even managed to get Super Robot Wars 30 out over here!), there's a big brick wall made of red tape in their way... *Shakes fist at Columbia Records* And oh, I even went as far as buying the DLC characters (So far Kaede and Kotoha, Mamimi is also incoming; I'm curious to see if they'll do more after that and if so my fingers are personally crossed for Mizuki or Fuka to be the next Million Live! rep).
•Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires (Switch). Bought the Japanese version of this one, too, and have made some good progress on my first run (Though not done yet). Currently waiting for the US release, at which point Koei is actually going to patch an English language option into the Japanese version (Really nice of them to do that!).

Upcoming for me... Pokemon Legends: Arceus (Switch), the King of Fighters XV (PS4), and WWE 2k22 (PS4). And in that order noless. Also Pac-Man Museum+ (Switch), but that one isn't dated yet like the other 3 are. Of course, that's based on what we know is coming; we're rumored to get a new Mega Man game this year (If the big Capcom leak from last year IIRC is true, it's guaranteed and from the looks of it may be a fighting game or a boss battle centric game, either of which I'd actually be down with given that the 2 Mega Man arcade games were pretty darn fun), and at least the announcement of Street Fighter VI (They'd better make it look and play a lot better than Street Fighter V did!), if not also the release, is pretty much inevitable. About the only things I'm behind on and haven't scooped yet that I want to scoop are Guilty Gear Strive (PS4) and Metroid Dread (Switch), which I will get to soon enough.

As far as virtual pets go, I've got my Vital Bracelet Characters now and have been primarily running both of my Vital Bracelets plus the Tamagotchi Smart and Kamen Ridertchi (I won't recap those here though). As I may have noted, the Vital Bracelets are my go-to v-pets because I do so much walking regularly and because there's no actual v-pet based stuff to deal with which makes running them easy. Currently have HeavyLeomon and AncientMermaidmon on the Digimon Vital Bracelet, and Kamen Rider Zero-Two and Kamen Rider Kuuga Rising Ultimate Form on the Vital Bracelet Characters (Though Rising Ultimate Kuuga will be moving aside for Ultraman Tiga on Saturday; I'm going to start Tiga's VBM Card once I order Ultraman Trigger and Alien Baltan's VBMs on that same day).

I got Digimon Cyber Sleuth Complete on Switch as a Christmas gift, so I've been playing Hacker's Memory. I think I'm on chapter 13, and I'm liking it more than Cyber Sleuth so far. The cast in particular I feel is much better than the Cyber Sleuth cast.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on January 29, 2022, 10:02:55 PM
I got Digimon Cyber Sleuth Complete on Switch as a Christmas gift, so I've been playing Hacker's Memory. I think I'm on chapter 13, and I'm liking it more than Cyber Sleuth so far. The cast in particular I feel is much better than the Cyber Sleuth cast.
Agreed on that. I need to get back to it myself soon, but I've been playing so many video games that it's crazy, LOL. :)

It's also worth noting that the version of Cyber Sleuth included in Complete Edition is updated with all of the new Digimon that Hacker's Memory added, though you still have to finish Hacker's Memory's main story to raise Arcadiamon (All this time since Hacker's Memory came out and I still think it's awesome that they actually went the extra mile and put his Ultra form in this game) and a certain other Digimon (I won't mention who because it involves a major plot development with a certain character towards the end of the game; I will say that this Digimon is a Champion level) in either game.

Obsessed with Genshin Impact. Playing on PS5 and a teeny tiny bit on the iPad when I'm not home. Gorou is top tier husbando.

Also finally starting Persona 5 Royal. Shit's gooooooooooooooood dog. I wanna kill that fucking gym teacher so bad.

Oh and I bought a Miyoo Mini. It's rad. Which gives me another excuse to play DKC for the millionth time.
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Got through the tutorial stuff in Pokemon Legends: Arceus. I really need to get back to it soon, because I'm liking what I've played so far.

Also, the next DLC for THE iDOLM@STER Starlit Season (Mamimi's coming to punk town!) is coming out Thursday, and then there's The King of Fighters XV and the Kamen Rider Ex-Aid and Genm VBM Cards for the Vital Bracelet Characters (Mentioned because I've been noting my VB progress in this thread) next week. And on top of that, I still need to buy Metroid Dread, Guilty Gear Strive, and the Ultraman Trigger and Alien Baltan VBM Cards. Not to mention that we'll likely know when Digimon Survive is coming out come Digimon Con at the end of the month, more Dim and VBM Cards still in the pipeline, and who knows what the Nintendo Direct tomorrow is going to bring... and god help me if there's even more DLC coming for Starlit Season (And if so, it'll be at least 3 more characters). I don't get why Bandai Namco won't just get in Columbia Music's face, say "fight me bruh", and finally bring iM@S over to the west like they've been doing with pretty much everything else under their banner, even including Super Robot Wars (The fact that we actually got SRW 30 over here is literally hell freezing over at least twice).

Looks like my wallet will not be getting any breaks this year... I'm already preparing to mash F to pay respects. At least I won't need to get a PS5 or Xbox Series yet, and at least it's more exciting than 2020 and 2021 were.
Quote from: Tensami on January 30, 2022, 02:31:41 PM
Also finally starting Persona 5 Royal. Shit's gooooooooooooooood dog. I wanna kill that fucking gym teacher so bad.
You and me and pretty much everyone else.
Quote from: Tensami on January 30, 2022, 02:31:41 PM
Oh and I bought a Miyoo Mini. It's rad. Which gives me another excuse to play DKC for the millionth time.
I'll take any excuse to play a bunch of retro games for the millionth time, and DKC is definitely one of them. This post would become a pure wall of text if I tried to name them all, though.

Digimon Survive finally got released after tons of delays. I'm not too far into it yet, I'm only on Part 5, but I'm enjoying it.

My current time sinks...

Pokemon Scarlet: Not too far in right now. I did run into the floating Pokeball glitch, but lucked out and didn't run into any others yet. Thuogh after hearing that Nintendo's gonna be fixing the glitches, I'm gonna wait a bit before continuing to avoid running into any of the other glitches.
Ultra Kaiju Monster Rancher: This, on the other hand, runs nicely and I'm pretty far into. There are some really cool continuity nods in this game if you're well versed with Ultraman lore and so forth. Even some of the things you have to do to unlock certain kaiju fall in place with that. And oh, you can unlock Mocchi and Suezo, too. Right now, Science Patrol Mocchi is my main.

On the virtual pet side of things, I'm currently running the Vital Bracelet BE and Tamagotchi Smart. Got Monzaemon (Who will be Digivolving into ShinMonzaemon in the morning), GulusGammamon (Who I will be raising into Arcturusmon), and a spark of light (Specifically from the Ultraman Dyna & Gaia VBM Card, going after Ultraman Agul Supreme Version) on the BE, and am after Masktchi (My first character on any v-pet, namely the original Tamagotchi) on the Smart.

Really hoping for a release date to drop for Street Fighter 6 soon. Not only does the gameplay look so much better than Street Fighter 5, but I know that I'm going to have a lot of fun with the character creation suite. (Yes, I'll be posting formulas eventually!)

I'm trying my hand at Phantasy Star Online 2.  Hey, it's free, apparently.