Dragon Ball Z/Super thread

Started by Tenchi Ryu, December 03, 2012, 09:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This post has some spoilers.

It was a great movie, energetic and with some shades of darkness (how the original saiyan god lost by the evil saiyans thus creating the history of the saiyans as a brutal race or that Bills beats Goku. Granted he is a god not blandly evil but for a show that shows goku or the hero coming on top its a kick in the teeth)

Artwise was fantastic and as suspected, the show smashed the previous fan ideas of power tier of characters, hell the jump from SSJ3 to 'Godku' mode is just absurd.  Even more so is the sub comment below.

"Everyone, please watch your tone. When Lord Bills gets upset, a galaxy disappears in an instant."

That is a very overpowered achievement, for crying out loud that's nearing Tenchi Muyo territory in power absurdity!

It makes all the past fan debates of vegetto should be able to wipe out a solar syetem/galaxy terribly dated, even if whis was meant to say bills can wipe out a solar system, solar and galaxy destroying are talked of as facts that seem to be beyond the ability of anyone in the past. The jump is insane, and seems all characters are regulated to being able to destroy planet level (of course not all planets are same size)

Bear in mind whis isn't arrogant like cell (cell who boasts to wipe out a solar system even though he has NEVER done it) whis has trained bills and knows full well what bills can do considering he's the stronger one! So it was pretty much a grenade moment.

Character wise, I love the character development, even the pilaf gang were fun, wish they extended piccolo's singing to beyond a screenshot. Also they overused cgi shots such as capsule corporation building giving the impression some of the scenes were rushed.

I hope they follow more on this, I think the idea is goku will explore the 12 other universes and come back for a rematch against Bills.

Finally Bills is a really developed character, bold to show the extent of his role and influence.

November 08, 2013, 01:33:41 AM #16 Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 01:43:11 AM by Tenchi Ryu
Looks like they've decided to take a crack at it a second time after giving up the first

http://www.youtube.com/v/Byo4rgMHUM4

Though I just prefer the batch I found online a while back

http://imageshack.us/a/img22/57/nv7w.png

Dragon Ball Kai confirmed to be returning with the Buu saga!!!!!

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woop: :woop: :woop: :worship: :worship:

Fuck yeah my favorite saga.  :worship: :woop: :duke:

THE Kai version of the SSJ3 transformation is nice as hell...

https://www.youtube.com/v/GUDHYfr_3bo

Can't fucking wait, and its coming out on every damn thing, so no excuse to not get

https://www.youtube.com/v/wX8RSArGt0A

TR deserves a high five and a brofist from me right now and just got one of each (That +1 though!).  Xenoverse looks so darn hype and I will be all over it - right now the only decision on my end in regards to the game is to which platform I will get it for (PS3 or xBox ONE) as it is guaranteed I will be DLing this day one.  I'm super excited that we're getting a good Dragon Ball Z game for once after several sleepers (For those unaware, I outright skipped Battle of Z after playing the demo and hearing the well deserved criticism towards it).

On another note, I like the fact that the Dragon Ball Heroes arcade game is taking the fanservice route and going through it at mach speed - I haven't heard much of the gameplay itself yet as the only two console ports of said game are for the Nintendo 3DS in Japan only (Shakes fist at region lock), but some of the stuff they've included as far as playable characters and whatnot is absolutely crazy in a good way.  Example - some fans wanted a "what if" Super Saiyan 4 Broly, and Bandai Namco just announced that will indeed be happening in the next iteration of DBH.

Who knows, that may be a good sign for Xenoverse as a whole - the fact that they're including stuff from the now defunct Dragon Ball Online already blew those doors wide open.  Here's to hoping!  :)

Oh, and Super Saiyan God Goku VS Super Saiyan 4 Goku CPU match, first to five!  I know it's going to happen at least on my end!  ;)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

About SS4 and SSG being in the same game: So does this mean that it encompasses several different timelines?
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

December 23, 2014, 01:26:52 PM #25 Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:29:54 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Quote from: antvasima on December 23, 2014, 06:26:26 AM
About SS4 and SSG being in the same game: So does this mean that it encompasses several different timelines?

Yep, that's the major plot point of the game, Future trunks is time traveling to alternate universes and has wished a strong fighter (our created characters) to come help him.

As for me, I'm deciding between Xbox One and Xbox 360. As you said war, other than Burst Limit and raging blast there just hasn't been good dbz games on the 360/Ps3, so I might just get it just to be able to finally give the 7th generation the DBZ games it deserves.

Quote from: antvasima on December 23, 2014, 06:26:26 AM

PC here can't wait for the mods (tenchi mod anyone?) :pcgamer:

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on December 23, 2014, 09:36:22 PM
PC here can't wait for the mods (tenchi mod anyone?) :pcgamer:
That might not be completely necessary aside from moveset mods and whatnot if there are good enough create a character parts there for certain characters, so I'm hoping for a wide amount of options in that regard.  However, I understand where you're coming from in either situation - it would be defintely be Sliced Bread #3 if someone made a Tenchi mod for the PC version.

Right now I can confirm that it's a lock that I'll be getting this on the xBox One as I will be upgrading to 12 months of Gold with some of my Christmas money.  Get hype!
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

Heads up folks!  I just paid for the Japanese PSN card I needed to buy Dragonball Xenoverse on the PS3 and I'm about to make a minor update to my sig to reflect that.  Words cannot describe how hype I am right now - I have heard nothing but positive things about the game from those who have already played it.  GET HYPE! :parrot: