Suprise! bonus chapter translations

Started by Eff Efferson, April 13, 2018, 09:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 29, 2018, 11:59:44 AM #15 Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 06:57:12 PM by Kuugen
Thanks for the deep chapter, but wow...  :sus: I didn't expect Tenchi to "confess" to Seina in such a manner.

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on April 29, 2018, 05:01:12 AM
i seem to remember Hasegawa's version of tenchi's mother died cause of tenchi's power... seems like that's an echo to this plot point if you ask me.
So either through gestation or having spent a lot of time and in very close proximity bonded with him,
Tenchi had accelerated her lifespan as if she were a candle and he was a flask of kerosene?

Even if the Chousin aren't technically immortal, I'm not buying that Tenchi's (sub)consciousness is really going to accept him suffering the way Misaki did when she was left alone after everyone else was gone. He'd probably either perform some timeline shenanigans like Tokimi & Kagato/Noike did, periodically transfer and replace everyone down to their memories and soul like was done with Z (symbolically similar to seasonal planting and harvesting of a carrot field), or just going full Kazuki and remake dimensional reality to suit his wishes. I also think it's far more likely that with Tenchi's intervention or otherwise, his harem will ascend to a higher existence with him.

Quote from: Kuugen on April 29, 2018, 11:59:44 AM
Thanks for deep chapter, but wow...  :sus: I didn't expect Tenchi to "confess" to Seina in such a manner.

i seem to remember Hasegawa's version of tenchi's mother died cause of tenchi's power... seems like that's an echo to this plot point if you ask me.
So either through gestation or having spent a lot of time and in very close proximity bonded with him,
Tenchi had accelerated her lifespan as if she were a candle and he was a flask of kerosene?

Even if the Chousin aren't technically immortal, I'm not buying that Tenchi's (sub)consciousness is really going to accept him suffering the way Misaki did when she was left alone after everyone else was gone. He'd probably either perform some timeline shenanigans like Tokimi & Kagato/Noike did, periodically transfer and replace everyone down to their memories and soul like was done with Z (symbolically similar to seasonal planting and harvesting of a carrot field), or just going full Kazuki and remaking dimensional reality to suit his wishes. I also think it's far more likely that with Tenchi's intervention or otherwise, his harem will ascend to a higher existence with him.
Quote from: Kuugen on April 29, 2018, 11:59:44 AM
Thanks for deep chapter, but wow...  :sus: I didn't expect Tenchi to "confess" to Seina in such a manner.

Even if the Chousin aren't technically immortal, I'm not buying that Tenchi's (sub)consciousness is really going to accept him suffering the way Misaki did when she was left alone after everyone else was gone. He'd probably either perform some timeline shenanigans like Tokimi & Kagato/Noike did, periodically transfer and replace everyone down to their memories and soul like was done with Z (symbolically similar to seasonal planting and harvesting of a carrot field), or just going full Kazuki and remaking dimensional reality to suit his wishes. I also think it's far more likely that with Tenchi's intervention or otherwise, his harem will ascend to a higher existence with him.

Or more likely OVA 5 will happen and GXP part 2 will end and this will never ever  ever ever be addressed ever again...XD

but yeah GXP novels are so weird to read... Their the most dramatic thing that kajishima's ever done... sure there's some classic harem shenanigans and cliches... but its really jarring when it's interspersed with FX/HBO/Cinemax levels of sex drama and gore....
and kajishima levels of fucked up  kajishimaness...

like tenchi is all light hearted and slapstick.... the novels are just like... lets see how many time we can make the reader need a smoke break cause we wrote some fucked up shit.

Seina contemplating suicide: Check
Seina killing people with his powers:check
Tarrant fucking a couch: check
Tarrant fucking a dead body: Check
actual boners not nosebleeds: check
an open dead disected cabbit: check
Airi trying to rape seina every 5 seconds: check
New character get's introduced the story follows seina as he falls in love with her and has an actual developing relationship then she dies horribly:check
seina wakes up in bed a trap elf: Check
tenchi confesses the untimate existential dread problem: Check

like... I went into this expecting slapstick and maybe some new characters and a fixed plot... I got GXP the NC-17 rated HBO Version...

It's like he took the tone of the last episode of photon and wrote 16 + novels of that
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

So why are they "aging"? Does his power put a strain on the 3rd dimension? And don't they age anyway? What is the difference?

And if they died, couldn't Tenchi revive them?

April 29, 2018, 06:56:24 PM #18 Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 07:11:40 PM by Kuugen
Quote from: Fap_fapperson on April 29, 2018, 12:43:42 PM
like tenchi is all light hearted and slapstick.... the novels are just like... lets see how many time we can make the reader need a smoke break cause we wrote some fucked up shit.

Seina contemplating suicide: Check
Seina killing people with his powers:check
Tarrant fucking a couch: check
Tarrant fucking a dead body: Check
actual boners not nosebleeds: check
an open dead disected cabbit: check
Airi trying to rape seina every 5 seconds: check
New character get's introduced the story follows seina as he falls in love with her and has an actual developing relationship then she dies horribly:check
seina wakes up in bed a trap elf: Check
tenchi confesses the untimate existential dread problem: Check

like... I went into this expecting slapstick and maybe some new characters and a fixed plot... I got GXP the NC-17 rated HBO Version...

It's like he took the tone of the last episode of photon and wrote 16 + novels of that
Oh man, don't remind me of that..
Then again, there's also the business of:
Mihoshi getting headshotted and suffering heretofore permanent brain damage aside from what I believe was the makings of a nervous breakdown she was already on the verge of due to performance pressures as the talented heir of the Kuramitsu family plus suppressing her probability powers
Clay's rampant campus sexual assaults and power harassment
The purgatory-like existence Ryoko lived under for thousands of years as Kagato's puppet and then further trapped in that Shrine for several more centuries
Sasami's death and resulting identity disorder
The unhappy stories of the Washu Clone Wars
etc.

If you've thought about it for very long, I suppose Tenchi was already pretty dark.
:cantdeal:

Quote from: Hellohi on April 29, 2018, 03:58:02 PM
So why are they "aging"? Does his power put a strain on the 3rd dimension? And don't they age anyway? What is the difference?

Hopefully more is explained, but maybe Tenchi's maturation process is affecting time-space sort of like black hole gravitational waves causing (or necessitating?) the temporal fabric itself to accelerate around him like matter falling into said black hole's event horizon. As to whether he'd revive them, I would bet money on it. It wouldn't surprise me if the story might end in him ascending to the Highest Plane and fighting Kajishima himself to get them back.

Quote from: Hellohi on April 29, 2018, 03:58:02 PM

Ah the kajishima verse... where i both can answer that question and also think of at least 6 ways you are correct because ultimately death is kinda unconsequential in the series yet never acknowledged as so except when it's convenient.

he could astral fix people like masaki. he could reincarnate everyone into new bodies... but i think the point is that if he does that the universe will still die.... why can't he switch to a timeline where Z didn't kill him since time travel is a thing and traveling back in time specifically. If they can bring D back in the same body and same memories over and over and over it has to be possible once zinv is discovered for them to just do that. but again... death of the 3rd dimensional universe and tenchi only get's one mortal shell I assume before blammo out pops the undeveloped kami again.

the answer to the 2nd question is clearly the kami want's out and is exerting pressure. tenchi is getting crazy super powers like he had in the gxp anime... runs fast. hears everything, teleports.  honestly this would have made for a way more interesting OVA 5 then whatever were getting for OVA 5 but if this shit isnt even addressed in OVA 5 I will scream...  and then hope for it in gxp part 2

Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

this is very interesting.

This entire time I thought after Z there was no more conflict and that the Masaki family would live forever happily since they are with 4 gods but now that there is some conflict in the future, it makes the series interestIng again.

I hope Kishi explains more!! Or shows us the future.

I love ya Fap, but our Japanese friends have already confirmed that Tenchi is KEEPING them from aging. You've got people theorizing about something that is inaccurate, and isn't that the kinda thing you vented about other people doing in the past?

In addition to the fluent Japanese fans' word, I even checked the googlese myself. Tenchi was very distraught about accidentally sentencing Seina to the endless nightmare of eternal existence, but Seina's attitude of "It'll be an adventure!" and "As long as we're all together it won't be so bad!" and "Let's face infinity together!" made Tenchi cry tears of joy and relief. It was some Lovecraftian level spooks with a heartwarming turnaround.

The "Infinite Prison" they keep referring to is unending life. Life as all else decays, life from which there is no escape. He takes the idea of heaven and makes it fucking dark. We've all seen the moral decay of the older characters, imagine how crazy a normal human would be after living longer than the universe. It's a fate worse than death, and it's Tenchi's fault.

It's a great scene.

hmm let me double check the japanise cause I'll admit this section confused the shit out of me when i tried to read it...

「......この能力が発現した後、鷲羽ちゃんの身体検査を受けたんだ。でも肉体的な異常も変化も全く見られなかった。だけど......だけど............俺の身体は不老化していた」

blah blah blah washu blah body not aging. ok that's where i fucked up

「不老化? 死なない身体になっていたんですか? まあ確かに存在的に銀河より大きくなっている、って段階で凄いんで、あまり驚きはしませんが......」
not aging?

「不死ではない不老化だ山田西南。今の柾木天地の存在的大きさを、一瞬で破壊出来れば殺す事は可能だ」

Tenchi: 西南君、君は事の重大性が分かっていない!
Tenchi: 不老になっているのは君もなんだ!
Seina-kun, you (subject) thing of importance(topic) don't understand(verb)!
it says:
not grow old, you aswell is what

oh ok so I and google misunderstood the meaning of perennial youth (everlasting youth cause like wtf dictionary that's not a word)

What happened is google translates 不老になっているのは君もなんだ! to You are becoming old as well.

SEE what get's me about this is .... we know they fucking age.... so... i don't see what the point of this chapter is if their immortal.
but i see your right... I'll go fix it.

still doesn't change much though...
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

however

「俺の不老はね、完全なものらしい。頂神である訪希深さん達でさえ、僅かな劣化があるそうだ。だけど俺はこの宇宙が無くなっても、訪希深さん達がいなくなっても、ずっと生き続けるんだ。周りのものが全て無となっても、俺はそこに居続ける」

頂神である訪希深さん達でさえ、僅かな劣化があるそうだ。definitely says the choushin are aging abit slowly but his immortality is perfect.

THIS PLOT LINE MAKES NO SENSE KAJISHIMA!

IF THIS IS TRUE HOW DOES KENSHI AGE.... HOW DOES RYO AGE! HOW DOES FUKU AGE! WHY DO TENCHI's KIDS AGE HOW DOES SASAMI BECOME TSUNAMI
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on April 30, 2018, 04:27:48 AM
however

「俺の不老はね、完全なものらしい。頂神である訪希深さん達でさえ、僅かな劣化があるそうだ。だけど俺はこの宇宙が無くなっても、訪希深さん達がいなくなっても、ずっと生き続けるんだ。周りのものが全て無となっても、俺はそこに居続ける」

頂神である訪希深さん達でさえ、僅かな劣化があるそうだ。definitely says the choushin are aging abit slowly but his immortality is perfect.

THIS PLOT LINE MAKES NO SENSE KAJISHIMA!

IF THIS IS TRUE HOW DOES KENSHI AGE.... HOW DOES RYO AGE! HOW DOES FUKU AGE! WHY DO TENCHI's KIDS AGE HOW DOES SASAMI BECOME TSUNAMI

Maybe they age to their adult form but nothing more? I don't think it would mean kids stay kids forever, immorality in fantasy generally means keeping a youthful adult form.

And maybe the Chousin aging is because Tenchi, a higher being is operating under them and maybe that puts a strain on them.

This is all very interesting, can't wait for more info!!

OOPS! I failed to clarify! When we first heard about the immortality revelation, it was actually explained that the age freeze doesn't start until they reach adulthood.

I think the part about the Choushin deterioration was them clarifying how perfect Tenchi's immortality is. The Choushin aren't still deteriorating. That part didn't make sense because it doesn't make sense. Not unless you really stretch your mind! For example, in mathematics there are different sizes of infinity, with some infinities being larger than others. The smallest infinity is actually called Aleph Null(which is a great name for a cyberpunk or sci-fi novel hero). From a three dimensional standpoint, all infinities are never-ending, but from a math standpoint some are STILL BIGGER! Thinking of it that way is the only way I think it makes sense. The Choushin are eternal gods, but Tenchi is MORE eternal on a scale only perceptible by the Choushin themselves.

So, yeah, I think the deterioration was a past-tense explanation of how mind-blowing Tenchi is, even to the omnipotent. That's how I read it at least.

thats an explenation i buy kajishima clearly writes stuff about the choushin based on string theory and the 11 dimentional model and stuff so i could see  it being an aleph null thing.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here