“But I don’t want to go among mad people,"

Started by DarkPatu, October 29, 2012, 08:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
"Oh, you can't help that,we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?"
"You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Hello my fair and fine friends, I happily make my official entry into the Useless Tenchi forums!  I'm rather surprised to see a few familiar faces, happy to see some friendly ones and anxious to meet the rest of you!  As a long time Tenchi-phile I'm always looking for more places to share my thoughts, creations and passion for the progenitor of the 'harem-anime' genre and a general love of Kajishima-San's works. 

I got into the fandom in the early 90's when I first saw the show on Toonami [as many of us did for the first time], and immediately fell in love with the characters and their interactions.  When the first and second OVA were complete I was rather disheartened by the appearance of Tenchi Universe, and then even more so by the eventual release of Tenchi in Tokyo, which at the time I saw as a perversion on what I had come to know and love about the Tenchi universe.  Since then I've gone back and reconsidered my opinions and I'm currently trying to give TU and TiT another try. 

Thank you all for having me and I look forward to getting to know the lot of you!
Thought the path is paved with jagged stones and I cannot see its end, I shall strive ever onward, for one day my bleeding feet will heal and the free air is too sweet in my lungs for any other to suffice.

I think you'll fit right in:)

Many of us aren't fans of TU/TinT although those who are are certainly welcome here as well.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

Thanks for the welcome!  I've noticed that TU and TinT aren't particularly well received throughout the fandom, though I'm sure there's merit to be found there.  Much like the change from 3.5 to 4e I'll just have to look at it as an entirely new system, allow myself to think in a fluid sort of way and form honest unbiased opinions. 

Also I'm actually a member of your Tenchi's Girls club on both DA and FB!
Thought the path is paved with jagged stones and I cannot see its end, I shall strive ever onward, for one day my bleeding feet will heal and the free air is too sweet in my lungs for any other to suffice.

Welcome to the board. I get the impression TU is popular in the fandom, thought maybe it is a case of half like it and the other half hate it. That more TinT and OVA 3 who are hated.

I know, recognize your avatar, you submitted some fanfics.

I noticed Ryoko and some Kiyone fans tend to like TU more than the OAV, because in that continuity their girl gets Tenchi or is actually there respectively XD

TinT has it's fans although generally not well recieved.  We have our resident Sakuya fan(s) though.  She was okay.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

Welcome, please enjoy your stay. ^^
Denka! Kenshin-sama! Anata no kami no hogo o yokose!