I don't understand, did the creator forget what made this series so special

Started by Tenchifan30, October 18, 2017, 11:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on October 20, 2017, 01:24:26 PM
I doubt AIC did too much meddling. What company in their right mind would greenlight a 4th season of a 25 year old show and then tell the creator to focus on side characters instead of the main cast? If anything they would be pushing for the main cast to be front and center, especially after Ai focused on a bunch of new characters and flopped hard.

Keep the Japanese in mind. Right now, in Japan, GXP is more happening than Tenchi. OAV4 was a commercial for the GXP novels and Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari. I wanted the show to focus on the original cast as well, but this wasn't made for us. I still enjoyed it, even if it wasn't what I wanted. I love reading Fap's translations, so it was fun seeing Tsukiko get teased in the second episode, and I love Isekai, so that stuff was fun too. The little scenes featuring my fave characters were still my favorite, like Tenchi and Minaho's sleepover, and a scene where Washu is actually COMFORTING to Ryoko! Plus Ryo-Ohki was cute as fuck.

It wasn't what I wanted, but I understand why. Also, I still liked it.

I agree with Jibril and Fapperson. Well said. I also wish that the upcoming anime could focus on the original cast.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: antvasima on October 22, 2017, 09:17:48 AM
I agree with Jibril and Fapperson. Well said. I also wish that the upcoming anime could focus on the original cast.

+1 for this man.  As you all noticed, I also agreed with those statements.  The point of my post was to at least note the fact that the franchise is indeed alive and well, and things are happening with it.  Something that we couldn't say during the 20th anniversary, especially after Ai almost ended it.

We might not agree with certain things that are happening, but it's better than what we got 5 years ago (And even then it was 2 years late)... and DEFINITELY better than nothing at all.  :)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Yes. It is much better than nothing at all, although I wish that they could re-do the GXP series based on the books, and also animate the Shin Tenchi novels as well, but that is unrealistic.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Honestly it seems like MK just lost interest in Tenchi and his girls.

if he had lost 100% interest he wouldnt have dedicated so much novel space in the gxp novels to them though... they get alot... whole chapters even.

the best thing i can think of if he hasnt lost interest is he is doing it as it was written . face it we were supposed to be introduced to kenshi in ova 3... and ova 4 is just the end of ova 3 that should have been out a decade ago... :/ so like it or not even though it seems silly with issekai long off the air it was how he intended to introduce kenshi before that aired...

OVA 4 wasn't bad it just... was...
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Thinking about it now -- what the Japanese want isn't the same as what the US wants. So all this material Kajishima has been pumping out for the few past years seems like it's dedicated to the local fans; not sure if people overseas get thought about.