Mihoshi's family

Started by takahata, August 24, 2013, 02:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 24, 2013, 02:50:51 PM Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:30:05 PM by takahata
We are aware of the fact that the Kuramitsu Family is the most powerful family in the Seniwan Empire. The Kuramitsu's power only rivals the power of the Jurain Royal Family.  We have learn more about the Family over the years.  The Kuramitsu Family does seem to have a few branches in it.  Mihoshi and her family are members of the upper branch of the Family.  Mihoshi's maternal grandfather Minami Kuramitsu is the current Head of the Kuramitsu Family as well as Head of  the G.P.'s Maintance Department.  While Minami is the current head of the Family, Mihoshi's Great-Aunt Mikami has a lot more power than her borther Minami.

The Kuramitsu seems to be the ruling family of the Seniwan Empire.  The Seniwan Empire does have a monarch who serves as the Constitutional Monarch of the Empire.  It is likely the Monarch is a member of the Imperial Branch of the Kuramitsu Family. Mihoshi's father Nakita has white hair while Mihoshi and rest of her family have blonde hair.  Nakita may have come from the Imperial Branch of the Kuramitsu Family.

Intermediate family- Mitoto.Nakita,Minami,Mikami,Misao, Mihoshi

Nakita Kuramitsu -  Mihoshi's Father  (notice the color of his eyes and hair.)

We can only speculate about Mihoshi's paternal grandparents.  Knowing the power of the Kuramitsu Family, one of Mihoshi's grandparents must be the monarch of the Seniwan Empire.  The Monarch is likely Mihoshi's own paternal grandmother.  Mihoshi's paternal grandmother must be the Empress of the Seniwan Empire. The Empress's level of power is very similiar to Jurai's own King Azusa Masaki Jurai.  Like Azusa Masaki Jurai, the Empress is a constitutional monarch who has a lot more power and influence than a normal one.

I am only speculating that Mihoshi's paternal grandmother being the Empress of the Seniwan Empire. It is still reasonable to assumed that Mihoshi's paternal grandmother to be the Empress.  We don't much about Mihoshi's maternal grandmother.  She may be one of the Empress's own chief advisors. 

We don't know how many members of the Kuramitsu family are.  I can state that the Kuramitsu Family has a few branches.  Two of the branches being the Imperial one and the one which Mihoshi belongs to.  We are well aware of the  fact that some female members have more power.  Mikami Kuramitsu is one of the most powerful members of her family. It is likely that Nakita's own mother has the same level of power which Mikami has. Someone had to have the influence to change Misao's original punishment to serving with his father Nakita as a member of the Galaxy Army.

I'm pretty sure the Kuramitsu Clan is separate from Seniwa's imperial family. Also, I believe the family tree suggests Nakita is a married-in member who took the name due to Mitoto's high status

September 03, 2013, 04:34:11 PM #2 Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 04:39:03 PM by takahata
Quote from: Empress of Jurai on August 31, 2013, 07:26:09 PM
I'm pretty sure the Kuramitsu Clan is separate from Seniwa's imperial family. Also, I believe the family tree suggests Nakita is a married-in member who took the name due to Mitoto's high status

I was merely speculating that the Imperial Family was a branch of the Kuramitsu Family.  Seniwa's own royal family is still a mystery.  I will agreed that Nakita was allow to be married into the Kuramitsu Family.  He seems to have come from one of the other powerful Seniwan Clans.  Intermarriage between the powerful Seniwan Clans is a way for the  Clans to share power and influence as well as a way to improve each family's genetics.  Nakita had taken the Kuramitsu surname because the Clan is the most powerful family in the Seniwan Empire.

Only recently, a few members of the Kuramitsu Family had learn about the truth of Washu Habuki being Lady Washu the oldest of the three Chousin Sisters.  Because Washu is really Lady Washu,  her relationship with the Kuramitsu Family has to be literally kept as  a highly classified secret.  Mikami had decided to reconcile with Washu likely because of her being one of the Chousin Sisters.

There are many members in the Kuramitsu Clan. It seems to be true that Mihoshi's own intermediate  family is a part of the highest branch of the Family.  The power ranking of the Kuramitsu Family is equal to Jurai's own Royal Family and to the Seniwan Imperail Family. It will nice to see if Mihoshi's own paternal grandparents are the Emperor and the Empress of the Seniwan Empire. All I can state is that Nakita had came from one of the other powerful Seniwan Clans.  It is likely that a member of the Kuramitsu Family was allow to married into the Seniwan Imperial Family sometime after Washu and her husband were forced to get a divorce.

September 03, 2013, 06:16:10 PM #3 Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:21:11 PM by Tenchi Ryu
I'd bet even though they technically aren't the powerful imperial family, they still get a lot of respect and value in Seniwa. Hell, letting them pretty much control the Galactic Police and Academy is pretty huge. Now with Misao, they even have a piece of theirs in a position of power of the galactic army. These Kuramitsu's are on a conquestic roll.

Anyway, great info post as usual Taka.

I wonder if Nakita originally had a buzzcut, like Seina has. This would explain why Mitoto likes running her fingers through Seina's every time she sees the boy.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on September 03, 2013, 06:16:10 PM
I'd bet even though they technically aren't the powerful imperial family, they still get a lot of respect and value in Seniwa. Hell, letting them pretty much control the Galactic Police and Academy is pretty huge. Now with Misao, they even have a piece of theirs in a position of power of the galactic army. These Kuramitsu's are on a conquestic roll.

Anyway, great info post as usual Taka.
Well, yeah, that's true; apparently the reason they control the GP and GA is because most of both organizations are made of Seniwans, and since they have power in Seniwa, they command respect in those organizations

September 08, 2013, 02:44:54 PM #6 Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:48:40 PM by takahata
Even if the Kuramitsu Family is not as powerful as they seem to be, they do share the same level of power with the Seniwan Royal Family.  The ruler of the Seniwan Empire will not mind sharing power with the Kuramitsu Family. The present ruler of the Seniwan is not a puppet ruler whose strings are pull by the Kuramitsu Family.  I am speculating that the main ruler of the Seniwan Empire's title  is   Empress

For the Seniwan Empire having an Empress will be interesting.  The Empress is seen as the  equal of King Azusa Masaki Jurai by Jurai, the Seniwan Empire, and rest of the Galactic Union.  If the Empress is related to Mihoshi, she will likely be a distant cousin.  If a descendent of Mikumo Kuramitsu had married into the Seniwan Royal Family, the Empress wll be a descendent of Washu's.

If there is going to be an OVA 4,  there will likley be an episode which will focus on a visit by Mihosh's own family. The reasons of the visit by Mihoshi will be focus on the family members  meeting Tenchi in person, for some diplomatic reasons, and to inform Tenchi about the Kuramitsu's family acceptance of him becoming Mihoshi's fiance. Of course, we will learn more about the Seniwan Empire during the episode esp about the Seniwan Royal Family.

:bravo: :popcorn: :vrage: :laugh:

Is there going to be a 4th OVA? I hear people talk sometimes, but I don't know if it's just fan hope or if there are actual plans

Quote from: Empress of Jurai on September 12, 2013, 08:42:48 PM
Is there going to be a 4th OVA? I hear people talk sometimes, but I don't know if it's just fan hope or if there are actual plans

At some point in the future I'm sure just no one knows when.

I'd say its on the official to-do list. Though you never know...anything unfortunate can happen. Reminds me how the creators of Kaze no Stigma and author of MM! died with the story unfinshed....

And let's not forget we lost Yosho's VA about 2 years ago. Hate to sound all morbid and shit, but these people are hitting up in age. The window gets smaller and smaller.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on September 12, 2013, 11:26:11 PM
I'd say its on the official to-do list. Though you never know...anything unfortunate can happen. Reminds me how the creators of Kaze no Stigma and author of MM! died with the story unfinshed....

And let's not forget we lost Yosho's VA about 2 years ago. Hate to sound all morbid and shit, but these people are hitting up in age. The window gets smaller and smaller.
Yeah, that's true. Honestly, I'm happy with where we stand now as far as Tenchi is concerned; The only thing I'd want to see is confirmation of everything; like showing a future with Tenchi wed to everyone, living on Jurai, having kids, and being emperor. Other than that, I'm good