Comiket 84

Started by shades of blue, June 13, 2013, 10:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 31, 2013, 12:10:22 AM #60 Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 12:15:06 AM by Dr.Soviet
Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on August 30, 2013, 10:48:11 PM
Got the 13.08 afterward translated for me. Thanks you guys for providing a page. ^_^

http://tenchi.astronerdboy.com/2013/08/tenchi-ban-13-08-afterward-kajishima-sensei/

Wish I could win the lottery. Then I'd pay to have these doujinshi translated.

>Still no new Anime

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on August 30, 2013, 10:48:11 PM
Got the 13.08 afterward translated for me. Thanks you guys for providing a page. ^_^

http://tenchi.astronerdboy.com/2013/08/tenchi-ban-13-08-afterward-kajishima-sensei/

Wish I could win the lottery. Then I'd pay to have these doujinshi translated.

That was quick, well done my good sir. My thanks to Mato & it's good to see he's still in the business. Gotta admit, I really wish that guy was as big of a Tenchi fan as he is of Mother/Earthbound. :heysexy:

Thanks again Shades Of Blue and AstroNerdBoy for providing info/pics of Kajishima's upcoming projects. I always appreciate it.

As for Paradise War, I'm thinking of buying it and translating it. The premise of a contest between the prominent pirate clans intrigues me. Also, I still hold out hope for a new anime, but I won't be upset if it never happens. Preferably a Paradise War or OVA 4 adaptation. Maybe someone should suggest to Kajishima about using Kickstarter for a new show.

Quote from: Gravel on August 31, 2013, 07:54:42 AM
As for Paradise War, I'm thinking of buying it and translating it.

You're gonna get that translated? :staredog: That would be amazing.

Maybe someone should suggest to Kajishima about using Kickstarter for a new show.

Funny enough I've been talking to people about finding someone that goes to Comiket to tell Kaji about kickstarter since we know he's at the booth now.

Thanks again Shades Of Blue and AstroNerdBoy for providing info/pics of Kajishima's upcoming projects. I always appreciate it.

IF you do, you could try to start a translation project on baka-tsuki. I believe the minimum required to get a project listed is a single chapter translated & proof that you've got at least one translator. Then maybe if you're lucky someone else will show some interest & translate some of it or at least provide you with proofreading edits.

Anyway I'm starting to think we won't get anything Anime related that directly has to do with Tenchi till the 25th Anniversary. Paradise War should be the next thing we see after that who knows.

Megaman creator decided to say fuck Capcom and get a kick starter for a new game, Might.No 9. Hmmm...very original sounding. Very

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9?

Anyway, Kaji needs to get on that kickstarter train. for realz

August 31, 2013, 09:24:23 PM #69 Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:32:01 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Keiji Inafune, showing japanese freelancers that "if you ain't using kickstarter, you ain't doing shit" since 2013.

Hopefully the rest of Japan catches on that help actually IS possible when it comes to business.

No way Little Witch Academia can be the only successful case. Refuse to believe it.

Now just time to teach Kaji how to use twitter  :neg: :neg: :neg:

#velyvelyimpossibru

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on August 31, 2013, 02:41:25 PM

You're gonna get that translated? :staredog: That would be amazing.

Maybe someone should suggest to Kajishima about using Kickstarter for a new show.

Funny enough I've been talking to people about finding someone that goes to Comiket to tell Kaji about kickstarter since we know he's at the booth now.

And if I knew someone was going to Comiket, whether a Tenchi fan or not, I'd be doing things to make that happen. I just don't know anyone who attends. :-(

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on August 31, 2013, 09:24:23 PM

Now just time to teach Kaji how to use twitter  :neg: :neg: :neg:

#velyvelyimpossibru

You know, considering how he jumped on the web early in the game (I have translated Q&A's from his now defunct website), initially I was surprised he never got on Twitter. Then I remembered the haters and the psycho haters out there, and suddenly I realized that he probably won't get on Twitter to avoid the hate.

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on August 31, 2013, 09:38:12 PM
Since we're now on the subject, Shades kinda confirmed Kaji is usually there in person. At first I thought he was playing the non important comiket visitor role in disguise or something all these years, but if he's signing stuff in person, the only thing I can think of for not having a picture is that he's straight up telling all his visitors no pictures. That's the only logical outcome I can think of.

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on August 31, 2013, 09:38:12 PM
You know, considering how he jumped on the web early in the game (I have translated Q&A's from his now defunct website), initially I was surprised he never got on Twitter. Then I remembered the haters and the psycho haters out there, and suddenly I realized that he probably won't get on Twitter to avoid the hate.

Shit never thought about this, Might be best if he didn't go on twitter (or maybe just ignore English tweets)

Well, it is important to remember Comiket does have a no picture policy inside the buildings. And IF anime has taught me anything, they even broadcast this over the PA system, throughout the event. So feigning ignorance goes out the window... or at least they did in Yukikaze spinoff Rescue Me Mave-chan.

The guy I've been getting my Comiket issues from, last time what I asked him was and I quote "Could you ask the guy selling them if he is Kajishima Masaki? If he is, could you get him to autograph one of the doujins and get a second copy without his autograph?" To which he said he could do that, as Saturday was not as busy as his other days there. Then when he got back from Comiket he had a copy of each signed for me. I didn't ask if it was Kaji at the booth, but since both are signed & dated 2013.8, I think it is safe to assume Kaji signed them right there. I haven't asked him if Kaji was in fact there because he is very backlogged with C84 orders and I hate being a pain in the ass. Dude has enough whinny brats wanting status updates & shit without me adding to the confusion. In fact he actually advanced me my goods & hasn't even finished up figuring what I still owe him. Dude is that cool & that backed up. When he finally contacts me with what I still owe him, I'll probably ask for more details then. The only reason I even asked him about getting a doujin signed this time was because there were a couple guys on twitter posting pictures of Tenchi related goods with his signature on them after last year's Winter Comiket. I took that as a pretty good hint that the illusive man actually mans his own booth, as he would have back when he released his very first doujin.

Also I believe his old Q&A site was actually run by a friend, til the domain expired. What the man should do is get on facebook. I really don't like facebook, but it wouldn't cost him shit to run, would allow him more direct access to the fans and he could include full Q&A articles under "notes". For someone like Kaji, I think that'd be a very good match. Or at least a better match than twitter. Last thing we want is for Kaji to become a twitter addict on par with Miura's idolm@ster addiction.

Auir has relatively HD spy cam.
Auir's school has the option of studying abroad in Japan for business.
Denka! Kenshin-sama! Anata no kami no hogo o yokose!