OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: WaitoKon on December 29, 2018, 12:37:05 PM
Yeah it becomes pretty much official if Eboshi links it

I'd forgotten that he's come on the forums. But yeah, Eboshi knows his stuff.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on December 28, 2018, 10:33:42 PM
https://twitter.com/tenchi_zin/status/1078821549505794048

According to this tweet^^^

It seems that OVA 5 is going to have 6 episodes, I assume this means it's already in the works if we know it's going to have 6 episodes but we should have more info soon enough.

So it's going to be 6 episodes just like the first 3 OVAs (The additional episode that OVAs 1 and 3 got apiece notwithstanding)?  And it's gonna be based on Tenchi IF, which AIC previously refused to do in favor of Ai Tenchi back in 2014?

Oh you darn betcha this feels like good old fashioned KARMA given that AIC refused to use IF for the anime before but now they're going to.  Thank you for working your magic, based Kajishima.  I'm ready for this.  Let's go.  :D
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Kajishima is full baste with OVA V. ... Damn autocorrect!

January 03, 2019, 11:58:45 AM #78 Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 12:03:13 PM by takahata
The Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki OVA series had technically ended with OVA 4.  OVA 5 is going to be a sequel.  Most of OVA 5 is likely going to be mostly based around the events of -IF-.  Like OVA 1 and 2, OVA 5 needs a strong villain.  I will expect the first three episodes will focus mostly on humor and some drama.  The best candidate for the villain is a member of the House of Amaki.  The House of Amaki had a bitter rivalry with the House of Masaki. By the year 2000 C.E.,  the bitter rivalry between the two houses is coming  to an end.  The previous head of the Amaki House who is Amaki  Shuzen had decided to step down.  Shuzen's successor plans focus on ending the bitter rivalry. Shuzen's successor plans to continue the rivalry between the Amaki and Masaki Houses primary as a means for checks and balances. Of course, some members of the House of Amaki don't agree to the present Head's plans.

One of the Head of the Amaki House's plans to focus on a political arranged marriage between the Amaki and Masaki Houses.  Since King Azusa and his wives may have decided not to have any children, the Amaki Head must focus on Tenchi's children.  Since most of Tenchi's daughter are destined to have  relationships with  most of Seina's sons,  the child of Tenchi's who can be betroth is likely his oldest son.  Tenchi does have one confirmed son with Washu.

Like I have stated before in a previous reply, the villain being a member of the House of Amaki can give us an insight into the politics of the Jurain Royal Family.  Most of the politics within the Jurain Royal Family has change over time since Yosho, Ayeka, and Sasami had left Jurai.  Strangely by the year of the birth of Tenchi's first daughter, Jurai and the Galactic Union have learn that Yosho, Ayeka, and Sasami have been found.  I will suggest that OVA 5 can serve as a prelude to the events leading up to the Paradise Wars as well as a sequel of TM- Ryo-Ohki.

:Hap: :howaboutno:

Not just Amaki, but every intelligence agency of any non-Jurain power in the galaxy. They were waiting for infighting to occur between House Amaki and the Emperor for hundreds of years to then launch their own territory grab; guess what kind of mobilization was coinciding with that?

Source: Kajishima light novels

Quote from: WaitoKon on January 03, 2019, 06:57:56 PM
Not just Amaki, but every intelligence agency of any non-Jurain power in the galaxy. They were waiting for infighting to occur between House Amaki and the Emperor for hundreds of years to then launch their own territory grab; guess what kind of mobilization was coinciding with that?

Source: Kajishima light novels

I agreed with you.  The main villain can be working with others to resumed the bitter rivalry between the House of Amaki and King Azusa. The main  villain wants to discredit the present Head of the House of Amaki.  One of the objectives for the villains can focus on kidnapping Kenshi and Sasami.  Unfortunately, the villains are not aware of the fusion between Sasami and Tsunami. Another objective of the villains is focus on disclosing the truth about Airi's and Katsuhito's marriage.  Due to actions by the Black Window,  any news of Airi's and Katsuhito's marriage will only ruffle a few feathers.

The present Head of the Amaki House wants to expose the main villain.  Some members of the House of Amaki will be strongly oppose to a betrothal between one of the Head's children and one of Tenchi's children.  I will start focusing more on the Paradise Wars series.

:how: :alex:

Quote:alex:

Mmm...Kool-Aid...
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

We also need remember that at just one gem, Ryoko can deploy full damage output when piloting Ryo-Ohki :jap:

I am convinced that たけるん(@tenchi_zin)'s tweet is true.
Unfortunately I was 1200 kilometers away from Tokyo so I could not go to Comiket and I have not got Kajishima's Doujinshi yet. , You may read it before I get it.
Either way, there must be a wonderful story and information on it.

Quote from: WaitoKon on January 04, 2019, 06:15:29 PM

We also need remember that at just one gem, Ryoko can deploy full damage output when piloting Ryo-Ohki :jap:
and yet she cant even put a scratrch on a 5th dimentional being.... l*sigh*
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

I'm [fashionably] late to this party but

YAS!!!!

:derp:

Expect new OVA 5 info in May (from AnimeJapan 2019)

Okay. Thank you for the information.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on March 23, 2019, 02:36:25 PM

Oh I'm expecting it now. You better not be getting my hopes up, or else... [spoiler]I'll be very disappointed and it'll make me very sad.[/spoiler]

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on March 23, 2019, 02:36:25 PM

Me: Look at the calendar everyday