OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Eff Efferson on January 24, 2020, 07:22:59 PM
ok so info on jovia, she is the head wizard of the pharmacy guild in the town that barigaru takes seina to.

The day of reckoning is almost here :discoursechef:

I'm honestly feeling a little scared. New Year's felt like, just two weeks ago.

Can't wait to see the ol' gang so soon since the last time! Wooooooo!

:smug: The beginning of OVA 4 was pretty charming, let's see what they drum up for the larger production value of Five.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP3JS2Ozu0c

im goign to keep an eye for a chinese upload

天地无用! is the way to look for chinese uploads its how we got all the episodes last time
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

https://i.imgur.com/vRWTAci.jpg here's a tenchi callender
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Why is it that in the image jovia looks like she is having a literal stroke? It just seems very weird and offputting.

February 29, 2020, 10:02:11 PM #232 Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 10:30:48 PM by GP cadet 87
Honestly, Jovia looks more disoriented and annoyed than brain damaged to me, but I can see what you mean.

Going by the promos, it looks like OVA 5 will have the plot act as "connective tissue" between GXP, Ryo-ohki and Geminar. Obviously, we've all seen this for years with the doujinshi and novels, but it looks like we'll see more behind the scenes of Kenshi's training, showing stuff that connects with all those previous shows.

Obviously I hope it won't be all about Kenshi's upbringing. I can't bear to watch OVA 4 on repeat. Especially stretched out over a year and a half.

Really looking forward on seeing Jovia. Really curious on her part in all this and seeing what her character's like.

If it doesn't end in Tenchi's wedding in episode 6 we buy some black masks and fly to Japan and RIOT!

Or be salty online which ever works!

They may want to stretch it out a bit. What if no one else gets married until another 4 OVAs after OVA 4?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-03-02/5th-tenchi-muyo-ova-season-adds-4-cast-members/.157016

miki, adult fuku, minamida seina, and kirche confirmed for next episode
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Well that is freaking fantastic.

March 02, 2020, 01:26:57 PM #237 Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 01:48:25 PM by GP cadet 87
Holy shit! This season is a stealth sequel to the GXP novels isnt it?!?!?!?!

KAJISHIMA-SENSEI PLAYED US ALL!

Seriously though, this is a very pleasant surprise. :) I wasn't ready for grown-up Fuku. Just from her facial expression alone you can guess her personality.

Looks like this OVA is gonna be sort of a massive "crossover" in  a sense, even though this is all the same universe. Just from these character reveals, I'm pumped. Instead of tons of boring foreshadowing to stuff we already know, we'll at least see more new characters, and see how older characters have developed. So ok, maybe to Japanese fans a lot of this may seem familiar, but at least it's new(er) to US!

Which is probably why American fans will be even more confused and rage at all the unexplained stuff lol.

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on March 02, 2020, 01:26:57 PM

Seriously though, this is a very pleasant surprise. :) I wasn't ready for grown-up Fuku. Just from her facial expression alone you can guess her personality.

Looks like this OVA is gonna be sort of a massive "crossover" in  a sense, even though this is all the same universe. Just from these character reveals, I'm pumped. Instead of tons of boring foreshadowing to stuff we already know, we'll at least see more new characters, and see how older characters have developed. So ok, maybe to Japanese fans a lot of this may seem familiar, but at least it's new(er) to US!

Which is probably why American fans will be even more confused and rage at all the unexplained stuff lol.

Agreed on the pleasant surprise factor! :) Also, the fact that Seina is showing up as Minamida means that we'll probably see the characters from Paradise War...

...ah, to heck with it, I'll even call the timing now. At least one of the PW girls is gonna show up in episode 3. Fear not; I'm gonna remember that I actually said that (Key words there; at least one).
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: WarOmnimon on March 02, 2020, 03:25:02 PM
Quote from: GP cadet 87 on March 02, 2020, 01:26:57 PM

Agreed on the pleasant surprise factor! :) Also, the fact that Seina is showing up as Minamida means that we'll probably see the characters from Paradise War...

...ah, to heck with it, I'll even call the timing now. At least one of the PW girls is gonna show up in episode 3. Fear not; I'm gonna remember that I actually said that (Key words there; at least one).

if it's true to it's roots every episode will be a bit after one another except for the last two epsiodes.

the biggest difference with ova was that it all took place over 3 days where as almost every other ova episode took place on a different month or atleast a few weeks apart.

I wouldn't be suprised if this ova skips through the years a bit
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here