OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello folks, been along time since I've posted here. Does any one have a link they can send to watch the latest episode? I can't find it any where :(

Quote from: Tenchifan30 on September 04, 2020, 01:02:55 PM
Hello folks, been along time since I've posted here. Does any one have a link they can send to watch the latest episode? I can't find it any where :(

It's on Crunchyroll!

I'm finally all caught up, I think I liked episode three the best and look forward to the up coming events. How many do we have in this series?

The aging thing is confusing to me, by episode three everyone looks so much older compared to the earlier episodes. Do we have a lot of time skips or something?

I do like that Tenchi is finally controlling his abilities though and thinking about mirage, took forever.

QuoteHow many do we have in this series?
Three left.

Quotetime skips
Yes.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on September 03, 2020, 02:47:27 PM
except for the return of Katuhito/Yosho, or Airi for that matter. I would expect the same VA's most recently used, but there would still be a casting announcement.
We also haven't seen Azusa, Misaki, and Funaho in OVA 5 yet, so they're also potentially lined up to appear later on. I mean, it's quite telling when even Seto has already appeared.

To be fair, if OVAs 2 and 4 are any indication, we might not see Ayeka's parents until the last episode. If at all.
and I have to say, he's run out of series to tie into and I'm guessing he'd want to keep other GXP elements that tie into Renza or Raceppshi out of the story as they are of current concern to novel readers. 
^ This.
...I guess they could maybe do a follow up on whatever dangerous pirates were on that Borg ship? Don't know.
Not likely. IIRC, Based Fap mentioned that was setup for the events of the Paradise War novels, which happened before the most recent episode.
Ultimately I'm with you, I'm guessing the the rest will mostly focus on the "family."
Yup. :) As I mentioned above, about the only characters they could really throw into OVA 5 that haven't been yet are Yosho, Airi, and / or Ayeka's parents, and even they'd be able to move the plot with the "family" forward.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

September 06, 2020, 05:19:25 AM #500 Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 05:23:37 AM by takahata
Quote from: Sushi on September 04, 2020, 12:59:08 AM
Quote from: takahata on September 03, 2020, 08:36:59 PM
Episode 3 did confirm that Ryoko is Tenchi's favorite wife. 

How so?

I finally watched the episode myself and this my favorite of OVA 5 so far. I appreciated some of the humor and especially the more tender moments with Tenchi/Kenshi and Tenchi/Ryoko. Just the mention of stuff from OVA 1 made me swoon a bit. The limited animation is killing this show though.

The moments when Ryoko and Tenchi were alone on the beach confirms the truth that Ryoko is Tenchi's favorite. Tenchi and the girls are getting married sometime before the end of OVA .  The births of Tenchi's first two daughters will likely be in episode 6.

:end: :whatif: :alex:

Oh, ok! I mean, I would always like to believe since Ryoko is best girl. It's really shame that she barely exists in these OVAs and doesn't really do much but lie around. 

September 06, 2020, 05:41:22 PM #502 Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 11:45:01 AM by GP cadet 87
Yeah, the main cast being regulated to secondary characters has by far been the worst part of OVAs 3-5 so far.

One thing I really like, though, is how Ayeka and Ryoko get along. Yes, their rivalry is arguably THE classic romcom anime rivalry, but it's nice to see them not going through the same routines over and over just for nostalgia's sake.

You really get the sense that they have become 'sisters' now. From what we've seen thus far, so has Seina's girls.

Quote from: Sushi on September 06, 2020, 04:12:39 PM
Oh, ok! I mean, I would always like to believe since Ryoko is best girl. It's really shame that she barely exists in these OVAs and doesn't really do much but lie around.

She burst out of a cave after lying there for 700 years only to chose to just lay around again but this time with booze n flooze
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

:gabe: I'm still not convinced by the harem approach, it seems forced and any cemented polygamy is constantly rebuffed, if not merely overshadowed by Tenchi's own standoffish anxieties.

I watched the most recent episode a couple of days ago. Definitely seems like I was right on the money in regards to the plot likely focusing on the main "family" going forward, especially with an ending like that.
Quote from: WaitoKon on September 07, 2020, 01:13:24 AM
:gabe: I'm still not convinced by the harem approach, it seems forced and any cemented polygamy is constantly rebuffed, if not merely overshadowed by Tenchi's own standoffish anxieties.
That probably won't last for much longer given the way that the most recent episode ended. Tenchi asked the girls to make a selfish request. I won't be surprised if that request ends up being "I love all of you, will you all marry me?" or something like that (Especially given that we know he marries all of them in the end anyway).

TLDR I don't think Tenchi's in standoff anxiety mode anymore, so to speak. Not as of this episode, anyway.
Quote from: GP cadet 87 on September 06, 2020, 05:41:22 PM
One thing I really like, though, is how Ayeka and Ryoko get along. Yes, their rivalry is arguably THE classic romcom anime rivalry, but it's nice to see them not going through the same routines over and over just for nostalgia's sake.

You really get the sense that they have become 'sisters' now. From we've seen, so has Seina's girls.
^ This, this, THIS. That's a +1 to your Useless Points, good sir. :)

On a more fun note, I need to say this now. If someone ever makes a Tenchi fighting game (It'll probably never happen sadly given that we haven't gotten a proper Tenchi video game since the PlayStation and Saturn) and Fuku isn't a grappler, I'm gonna be disappointed. Fuku chucking Jovia and Miron around like ragdolls every time they bugged Kenshi was a fun little gag, even if just for this one episode.

And oh...
Quote from: Eff Efferson on September 06, 2020, 08:39:11 PM
She burst out of a cave after lying there for 700 years only to chose to just lay around again but this time with booze n flooze
All hail Based Fap, our resident translator, lore expert... and provider of good chuckles.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on September 06, 2020, 05:41:22 PM

That point in OVA 4 before the wedding where Ryoko brings Aeka the Jurian silk they were sent seemed to be the first time you really saw them getting along and simply having a conversation, even empathizing with each other a little. That was a deceptively important moment, they're getting along AND you could say it's when the royal family shows that they accept everyone. It goes slightly deeper in that otherwise mostly unenlightening OVA 4 novelization.
...in my pants

Ayeka and Ryoko relationship is one of my favorite parts of the series. It went from Ayeka being willing to let Ryoko die in OVA 1 to them calmly sharing a drink in OVA 3. One of my favorite parts of the show was how they felt like a family unit, and I wish the series had focused more on that. I'm not going to hold my breath that we'll ever get anything like that though, and I found a different series to fill the comfy family harem hole in my heart.

Once Kajishima is done making sure everyone knows that everything he worked on is connected I just want some SoL stuff with the main cast raising their kids.

September 10, 2020, 10:14:44 AM #508 Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 10:18:21 AM by Nonsuch Ned
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on September 09, 2020, 06:41:37 PM

Once Kajishima is done making sure everyone knows that everything he worked on is connected I just want some SoL stuff with the main cast raising their kids.

AH!

:speculate:
I think you may have inadvertently given us an idea of what other show Kajashima could tie in! In a weird backstory way. Photon!
We know that Tennyo is looking into Kiyone's confounding but brilliant research on parallel dimensions and other worlds- maybe her research led to her unraveling of the past dimension breaks?
I don't know if he has ever directly addressed what is "known" by most- that the World of Photon is the past version of Geminar.

---
on the other point... is "Tenchi IF" supposed to be a "what if" fantasy? He could do an adaptation of sorts of those- which would definitely be the SoL series that "could be."
If those are brought into canon, it narrows down the mystery of who the mother of the son that marries Masaki Masaki is. It would be either Sasami or Washu.
...in my pants

I don't think the IF are ment to be what ifs as there is a group shot of Tenchi and co watching Kenshi's final fight and in that group are what looks to be the oldest 2 daughters and maybe the cabit triplets.

Given that kid looks like a male washu I don't think there was much doubt of his mother.