What video games are you currently playing?

Started by WarOmnimon, December 28, 2012, 03:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires has been getting most of my playtime as of late - it is that, darn, awesome.  Going back to KI later tonight (Omen gonna bust some fools up!) and will jump into Dragonball Xenoverse as soon as I can - if I can get the money for the Japanese version before the US release, I will go with that option and hop in early.

Speaking of DW8E, I might have something super hype for you all later... Tenchi custom officers anyone?  ;)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

February 26, 2015, 11:36:42 AM #122 Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:40:12 AM by Tenchi Ryu
Playing Dragon ball Xenoverse on 360, some blurry phone shots of my character

There's so much on my "current video games I'm playing" plate lately that it's crazy.  Been playing Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (Vita), Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PS1), Killer Instinct (XB1), and Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS3) a lot lately, with Mortal Kombat X (XB1) to join that lineup soon along with a return to Smash 4 (3DS and Wii U) once Mewtwo releases.

I'm officially locking in Aganos as my new main in KI.  He's not the type of character that I usually play, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy being in control of what he brings to the table.  Louisville Slugger... it's a GRAND SLAM!  :emot-smugdog:

As for MKX, I haven't come to a decision as to who I'll be maining there yet.  More than likely I'll be making that decision once we know what everyone is capable of in each of their three variations.  All I know is that Tremor will be one of my subs, no questions asked.  :)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

Fallout 4, getting back into ESO.
Is that you who's standing next to me?
Or just a shadow, of a dream I lost?

A lot of my current video game timesinks are 3DS based (Most of them imports), but I've got plenty coming up that are elsewhere.

Currently Playing
-Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun Special (3DS).  This is a remake of the first game in the series (Known as Renegade over here in the west), and it's a pretty nifty one.  It's got a Story Mode which is usual Kunio / River City fare, an Arcade Mode which is more like the original arcade game (Beat fools up, no running around and story in between), and a Mission Mode (Exactly what it says on the box, specific objectives for these fights).

-Digimon Universe Appli Monsters (3DS).  The game did terrible in Japan as far as sales go because Bamco didn't promote it enough and it was sandwiched in between Pokemon Sun & Moon and Yo-kai Watch 3 Sugiyaki (Bamco placed it after Pokemon to avoid that bullet, but they didn't see Yo-kai and BOOM Jibanyan with the Level 3 Super Combo), but it's actually a very good game.  Yeah, the adventure aspect is the usual fare, but DANG, the battle system is REALLY good.  There's even a central hub in the Cyber Arena where you can just battle all day if you want.

-Gundam Breaker 3 (PS4).  The level of customization in this game is INSANE, and I've seen several people do some crazy stuff.  I haven't dabbled with that too much just yet, but I've been bouncing to Breaker 3 on and off.  Good fun.

Standby
-Tekken 7 (PS4).  Enough said.  Gonna get my digital preorder in soon.

-Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory (PSV).  I ain't waiting until early 2018 for the western release.  It's releasing in Japan this year, 2017.  Digital copy all day every day.

And if virtual pets count... my Digimon Version 20th is coming in this month (June), and I'll be running that like crazy.  :)

I'M GOING BALLS DEEP IN CRASH BANDICOOT TONIGHT FOLKS.
Excuse me for bumping a month old thread.

Not much has changed since I last checked in.

Currently Playing
-Tekken 7 (PS4).  Akuma and King main, Asuka sub.  Fight me bruh.

-Digimon Universe Appli Monsters (3DS).  Already mentioned it.  Still playing it.

-Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X (3DS).  Arcade card battler shenanigans.  Not only does UMX beat UM2 in terms of in-game content, but it also runs much smoother and looks better overall.

And if virtual pets count, I've been running my Digimon Version 20th since it came in at the end of June.  I've managed to raise Durandamon and Machinedramon so far for Mega levels, and am en route to Slayerdramon and Jesmon now.  On the next run, I'm raising BlitzGreymon and CresGarurumon to get The S.  *Points to his avatar*

Standby
-Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory (PS4).  Decided to go with the PS4 version instead of the PSV version because STREAMS.  And yes, still going with Japanese digital copy.

-Marvel VS Capcom: Infinite (PS4).  Played the Story Demo.  The gameplay is like Street Fighter X Tekken meets Tatsunoko VS Capcom.  Neat stuff.

Sometimes when I minimize the spreadsheets, I see space and it purdy.

Quote from: Monster Man on June 29, 2017, 08:53:53 PM
BALLS DEEP IN CRASH BANDICOOT TONIGHT FOLKS.
Excuse me for bumping a month old thread.

You should check out the profile for Naughty Dog, their second game Way of the Warrior landed them the gig for Bandicoot in the mid nineties. But they were bankrupt halfway through, had to swap in McDonalds happy meals toys and accompanying cardboard for some of the props they would photo for in game asset concepts.  :duke:

Supir Markio Odizzy is fun also Stemresearchworld Dig 2. Fentestic gayms.
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Went back to the Japanese PSVita version of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth on the PSVita recently in preparation for the Japanese PSVita version of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory, which I have already paid for the digital preorder of.  Even though the Japanese version doesn't release until December 14, I am seriously loving what they have revealed for the game so far.  Actually seeing Arukadhimon Ultra (Arkadimon Super Ultimate in Japan) FINALLY appear in an official Digimon video game makes for all forms of awesomeness, and seeing lesser used Digimon nowadays such as Dorugoramon and PileVolcanomon (PileVolcamon in Japan) make the roster also makes me VERY happy.  And oh, all 3 anniversary posterboys (Dracomon, Hackmon, and Zubamon) with their full lines.  :)

Long story short.  What Bandai has been doing with the Digimon video games and merchandise this year is the REAL Digimon 20th anniversary (Which is this year - the original virtual pets released in 1997) commemoration, such as Hacker's Memory and the Version 20th of the original virtual pets (I have one and it's GREAT).  Not Digimon Adventure Tri (Which as at least one person here has also said is a steaming pile of you know what).

(And oh, I'm double dipping on Hacker's Memory.  Preordering the US digital copy for the PS4 for Christmas, releases on January 16.  Book em, Danno.)

I should really get around to finishing Cyber Sleuth. Whenever I play RPGs I always end up grinding levels for hours instead of progressing the story and then stop playing before ever getting to the end.

For the last month or so I've been playing Conception 2. I bought it on release day a few years ago and never finished it. I'm not sure why I decided to play it, I've barely played any games for the last couple of years, but I've put nearly 90 hours into it. It's pretty shit, but just like with Cyber Sleuth I've spent most of my time with it just grinding levels and ignoring the story.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on November 09, 2017, 09:00:19 PMI should really get around to finishing Cyber Sleuth. Whenever I play RPGs I always end up grinding levels for hours instead of progressing the story and then stop playing before ever getting to the end.

Oh, definitely be sure to do so.  ProTip for grinding - PlatinumNumemon is, or will be, your best friend in that regard.

But yeah, I'm mostly back to it given that the Japanese version of Hacker's Memory includes an updated version of the original Cyber Sleuth (Whether that will be done in the US version or not is still unclear) that has the same new Digimon, rebalancing, and online mode improvements that Hacker's Memory itself has - the story's remaining the same, however.  They've already confirmed that you'll be able to transfer your save data from original CS to the updated version, and I'm already planning ahead.  Case in point, I have a Dorumon right now that I will be raising up to Dorugreymon, and then I'll wait for Hacker's Memory before going forward with him (Gonna raise him to Dorugoramon who is going to be in Hacker's Memory, which means I'll have to wait for it to come out before finishing that plate).