Xbox Thread

Started by Tenchi Ryu, April 25, 2013, 12:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

June 19, 2013, 07:42:16 PM #46 Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:43:58 PM by Tenchi Ryu
And with this, I'm done with Xbox. Thanks to people scared of the future and scared of change, the Xbox has done nothing but become a PS4 copy, basically a 400 dollar video card upgrade that offers nothing new or innovative. Anything to feed the sheep I guess. Good luck continuing to get screwed by GameStop, having to worry about scratched and broken disc, and now having to beg my friend to hurry and give me my disc back.

So many wonderful things that was gonna be offered, down the drain all cause people still can't let go of physical disc and their false belief in "game ownership". It's time I do what I should have done a long time ago....

PC Master Race, I'm coming

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on June 19, 2013, 07:42:16 PM
Thanks to people scared of the future and scared of change

You're welcome ( ยด・‿-) ~ ♥
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

IN 13 COUNTRIES

From a marketing standpoint, I'd say they just kicked a field goal with that one. But they really need to rethink their online service plans, after a commercial like that. Or there's going to be a lot of angry football fans marking for xbox, when they discover they need a gold account to tie in with their other service plans. Well, regardless, Microsoft really needs to readdress that issue. As it is really coming too much of an attack point, for all the mindless fanboys.

That and all the fanboys whom refuse to stop claiming MS will "go back on their word". Which is funny because as far as I can recall, at no point in time has MS gone back and taken away features or changed how their service "operates" with legitimate paying customers. The same cannot be said with Sony however, as backwards compatibility was eventually phased out, over costs and Other OS removed entirely, due to unwarranted paranoia. Even force feedback took a step back at first, because they refused to pay royalties to the rights holders of the technology. And only later added back in [DualShock3] because the court ordered them to pay for using unlicensed tech, as which point it was simply included once more because not including it no longer benefited them.

I could also be a dick, by pointing out that they even went so far as to delay the PS3 launch date to assure the system was HDMI 1.3a compatible because combating video recording of bluray films meant more than releasing on time against Microsoft and that bluray itself was only included to force another format down the consumers throat. Which insistently while beating out HDDVD has been seen as a major flop, due to bluray publishing royalties & overcharging consumers at retail for films. So much to the point that online streaming saw a 30% gain in popularity. But you know, a large corporation like Sony can do no wrong. Only another large corporation like Microsoft can. Derp.

As if anyone here actually defends the PS3.  :sotw: But Simmy, Aren't you...

I may be more partial to Sony yes. I don't deny that. But I'm also not going to defend Sony when they do anti-consumer stuff as well. I got the last PS3 version that was backwards compatible. Certainly not happy that the latter versions didn't have it but, well, it isn't like anyone is going that route now anyways (so it isn't like I can defend any big evil company that is keeping that feature, because no one is). And in many ways, you can say that Sony also paid a price. Who won the last generation? The DS~ Strictly speaking consoles, Wii first, and the 360 and PS3 battled it out for tops. Sony made it hard to for developers to develop for, boom. The whole NO GAEMS meme. This allowed Microsoft to even be a contender. And because of the success of the Wii (which the Wii U is NOT emulating), as much flack as I give Nintendo about their poor choices of late, at least they are sitting on a pile of money that they can ride as they make those poor choices.

As for BD/HDDVD, yeah. BD isn't as popular as online streaming but, honestly, online streaming would have taken off no matter who won, or if Sony took the stick out of their ass and not have all those publishing royalties and the high price of said medium. I mean this is a case where technology is obsoleting the physical medium pretty quickly. Why buy a physical copy of a game that will take up space in the home, when you can download/stream it off the net? Major game publishers are also moving in that direction since it's still cheaper just to put it up on Steam and have people download it, putting brick and mortar stores on high alert like Gamestop. The only thing keeping it back is the availability of Broadband services (I'm looking at you AT&T.   :doom: ).

And no, this isn't a backdoor approval of the Xbox One pre-consumer backlash with their DRM scheme. If you simply focus on the online download aspect of it (which you could do anyways with Xbox Live with certain games), that would be fine. The issue was how it was even more restrictive than what even Steam was doing (the darling for all those PC Master Races out there. Which even the purist have issues because Steam is still a form of DRM that a lot of the Steam White Knights like to gloss over). While I'm already ranting, well, I don't think I need to point out the many issues there were with it. But the ability to have family have a copy...  :uhaul: I'll only say that, the few benefits I thought was good about the old scheme (prefaced with my opinion) was overshadowed by the restrictions of it.

And you forgot to mention how Sony is charging for PSN to play online now too. ZOMG! Sony is following Microsoft.  :sus: And you know what, Sony got a lot of flack for that too. The reason why it doesn't seemed to be as much as MS, well, Sony could still say they were more 'consumer friendly' in everything else.  :chord: Only a total Sony fanboy would defend this change in policy.

If anything, Microsoft shows that consumer backlash can force any company (whether that be Microsoft, or even Sony) to change policy if we the consumer actually did something. They saw the writing on the wall (pre-orders) and changed course. Nintendo even encountered a bit of that when they disapproved showing SMB in that one online tournament (this was after those people originally got approval to show it) and reversed course on that.

Though having all those features behind Xbox Live Gold, that is still an issue. Why pay $5 a month when I can get some of those features on my PC, discounting the price of the ISP service (which you'd be paying anyways) for free? Not the NFL feature~ Yeah. But what if I don't care for that feature, but are about the Skype or the streaming services?

With ALL that ranting out of the way, I will defend Microsoft here. The fact that ad had 'NO GAEMS' but all NFL. Well, it was shown during an NFL game right? I have no issue with that since, at least the ad, knew who it was aiming towards. Though they could have at least shown Madden 2014 or something, I have no major issues with the ad in general.

Quote from: SimmyC on September 07, 2013, 03:03:30 PM
And you forgot to mention how Sony is charging for PSN to play online now too. ZOMG! Sony is following Microsoft.  :sus: And you know what, Sony got a lot of flack for that too. The reason why it doesn't seemed to be as much as MS, well, Sony could still say they were more 'consumer friendly' in everything else.  :chord: Only a total Sony fanboy would defend this change in policy.

Exactly where did you witness this 'flack'? Cause damn near every pro-Sony site conveniently neglects this to the point that fanboys are still unaware they'll be paying for online gaming, on PS4. I'm not even joking when I say that. Just look at any xbox/sony thread on weaboo filled site sankacocomplex, for example, you'll see tons & tons of marks/fanboys/trolls still ribbing xbox over Gold service and conveniently unaware Sony will soon be doing the same.

September 07, 2013, 04:40:43 PM #53 Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:45:00 PM by SimmyC
That's because they are Sony Fanboys commenting. They're blind dumbasses who are going to be in for a surprise when they have to start paying for it. Or... because they are Sony Fanboys, will justify it as if they weren't hypocrites. :bravo:

[edit]I mean weebos on sites like 4chan pointed it out as well. And yes, fanboys being fanboys, some justify it as if they weren't being hypocrites. But that is fanboyism for you. Don't be one.

Those that actually read what Sony did, are giving it flack. But like I said, it doesn't seem like much flack given that paying for PSN... at the time before the Microsoft 180, it was a 'minor' negative to all the 'positives' the PS4 had over the One. At worst, it was waved off as a case of Sony doing one 'bad' thing that MS was doing anyway, compared to the mountain that was perceived 'bad' with the One.

And using Shitkaku as a source. :christ:

October 29, 2013, 07:26:24 PM #54 Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 07:27:59 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Microsoft buys out Titanfall for "remainder of the title life".

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on October 29, 2013, 07:26:24 PM
Microsoft buys out Titanfall for "remainder of the title life".

>Electronic Arts
>Creators of Modern Warfail 2

October 30, 2013, 03:05:47 AM #56 Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:21:04 AM by SimmyC
MS needs them killer apps. And Titanfall appears to be one of them. And if it works out for MS and EA, hey, good for them.

EA certainly needs the money. Another quarter of them losing money.  :parrot:

[edit]And while I was never a huge fan of the Call of Battlefield Modern Medal of Black Ops, and even with the Sci-Fi setting probably the same shit given who the developer is, if I REAAAAALY want the game without getting a One, I can still get it on the PC. PC Master Race and all!  :smith:

I've yet to open the box with the actual console....